What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre 98 Bubba Kush vs. Bubba Kush?

aeviaanah

sidewing...i am going to grab a pait of 3d glasses from the theaters just to see that image you posted. great idea. make this whole website 3d and have everyone wear 3d goggles while surfin it. lmfao

here is a few of my bubba, possibly someone can help me determine which it is. first off it came from a dispensary in los angeles near granada hills. large fan leaves have nine points other leaves have eight, seven, six or five. real slow grower in both veg and flower. low yielder...i cant remember what i yielded last grow. late in flower fan leaves and nugs begin to turn purple without temperature change. a blueberry scent can be smelled when nugs are touched. after curing most of the purple color disappears...possibly someone will know why? here are a few pictures from veg to harvest...

bkveg1-1.jpg

bkveg2-1.jpg

4weeksflower7.jpg

6weeksflower4-1.jpg

7weeksflower3-1.jpg

8weeksflower1-1.jpg

syntheticnug.jpg

organicnug.jpg

R

Red Swan

Just finished my second Bubba Katsu run. Also ran Chemdog D. I like the D equally in terms of taste and quality. But the D yielded three times as much as the Bubba. OG kush and Bubba are pitiful yielders.

Am running the Bubba again to decide if its worth the trouble. There are great tasting heavy yielding strains that yield well too.

Peace.

sidewing

aeviaanah that looks a lot like mine except mine yields pretty good i think.. fast veg as well.. very vigorous.. i pulled about 2oz a plant from 1 week of veg from clone.. pulled on day 55... i thought it was purpling as well slightly but it didnt show on the final product.. smells very berryish on the plant but also very much a kush smell.. i wish i could just know which i have.. extremely sticky is the final product.. top notch buds..

sidewing

do the pre 98 and the katsu have a coffee smell? wondering cuz mine smells like that while curing in the jars sort of..

sidewing

pretty sure bk is notorious for slow veg time.

its not stretchy fast but it stays short and bushy just seems extremely healthy and vigorous.. its definately bk cuz it smells like any and every bk ive ever had.. this is why im thinking it may be the katsu cut? cuz i was reading the katsu cut is more vigorous and yields better.. im comparing it to purple urkle as far as vigor and growth speed.. which the urkle is slow and stays short even in flower.. i need a professional lol.

Thanks TMB, I thought it was bubba for the entire cycle, up until it really started to fatten up, and the calyx formation started to change. Makes me want the real one even more, take care dude.

Well it's my first time growing it, and it was mislabeled by accident when I got it, so I didn't know till when I took this pic. Thanks for the valuable insight though, take care

So What you are saying in your own words is you knew it wasn't Bubba as anybody else can clearly see,but you decided to post it in a Bubba Kush thread and tell us it's Bubba.

But you knew it wasn't ....????

And your aptitude scores were what?

LOL!!

aeviaanah

sidewing possibly we might be able to distinguish which cut we have by where it came from. i received mine from the los angeles area. possibly someone knows which bk cut floats around in this area. i know this isnt totally accurate, someone may come along tho. let me know when you get an idea of which cut she is. anyone?!

i would say bubba kush is a slow vegger....when compared to most. like sidewing says she just wont stretch. she will show her vegging skills by getting bushy and filling out any open space under her canopy. growth is concentrated under canopy rather than to stretch and allow everything to grow consistantly. i get fan leaves on her that basically cover 1/4 of the whole plant. these leaves are tucked under to allow smaller bud sites to grow. if trained correctly you can get light to these areas and she will start stretching early in flower. bending her uppermost branches will allow light to get to lower bud sites. scrog is recommended on this strain!

sidewing, try an organic vs synthetic grow with bubba kush. the organic is such a great earthy flavor. i did this last grow synthetic buds were real tight and crystally. organic a little loose and not as much crystals but still had alot. both seem to give same high and IMO organic tasted better. comparison wasnt a true comparison of organic and synthetic because synthetic plant had a long veg time and was scrogged. organic was 12/12 straight from clone and was not scrogged. scroll up to my last post with pictures...the bottom is the organic nug and the one above is synthetic.

has anyone ever tried comparing two plants same strain one with a veg time and one straight 12/12 from clone? curious on results.

bubbakush.jpg

bubba kush

silverhaze2.jpg

supersilver haze

group28.jpg

far left jack the ripper, middle bubba kush, and far right is super silver haze

T

Tex

Pre-98 Bubba Kush S1's..

Pre-98 Bubba Kush S1's..

Pre-98 Bubba all the way.. It's just some dank as flame. The smell and taste are pure hash, incense, coffee, patchouli. Fukin' amazing smoke.. I agree, grown organically will really bring out the earthy, hash, patchouli tones. It is a slow grower at first but after about 2 weeks it will start to come with it.. She is a fine wine.. The smell once burned is old school, it will cut thru everything being smoked. Hell even blunts of dirty dirty will be washed away by the pre-98 burned incense aroma. It is very intoxicating. I always know when Bubba is being smoked. It's just that exotic..

Everyone wants the Bubba or at least my cut and herb.. lol!!! This sacred herb has the bag appeal-oh the bag appeal-purple and white, the stone is hard hittin' bliss-makes ya feel so good.. Top top top shelf along with my pineapple's chem99 and killerchems. Swerve did a bang up job on these gems..

Attachments

• DSC01835.jpg
    DSC01835.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC01859.jpg
    DSC01859.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01868.jpg
    DSC01868.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC01822.jpg
    DSC01822.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 14
T

Tex

More pre-98 Bubba Kush shots..

More pre-98 Bubba Kush shots..

Here are some dried shots, too.. Can ya smell it... Love me some Bubba..

Attachments

• DSC02086.jpg
    DSC02086.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC02265.jpg
    DSC02265.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC01879.jpg
    DSC01879.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC02312.jpg
    DSC02312.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 17

Darth Fader

Pre-98 Bubba all the way.. It's just some dank as flame. The smell and taste are pure hash, incense, coffee, patchouli. Fukin' amazing smoke.. I agree, grown organically will really bring out the earthy, hash, patchouli tones. It is a slow grower at first but after about 2 weeks it will start to come with it.. She is a fine wine.. The smell once burned is old school, it will cut thru everything being smoked. Hell even blunts of dirty dirty will be washed away by the pre-98 burned incense aroma. It is very intoxicating. I always know when Bubba is being smoked. It's just that exotic..

Everyone wants the Bubba or at least my cut and herb.. lol!!! This sacred herb has the bag appeal-oh the bag appeal-purple and white, the stone is hard hittin' bliss-makes ya feel so good.. Top top top shelf along with my pineapple's chem99 and killerchems. Swerve did a bang up job on these gems..

This. :santa1:

sidewing

dude this looks identical to mine during flower at around day 45 or so... exactly like the pics i would take during dark time.. i hope my cut is pre98 cut.. i got it from a collective here in cali that gets all their genetics from the triangle/bay/norcal area.... it was simply under bubba kush.. also grabbed a blue dream and the purple urkle at the same time.. only flowered the urkle so far and it was THE BEST... hands down.. i grow all organically.. organic soil mix and organic nutes.. biobizz feed that is. i did 1 round of the bubba straight from clone no veg real time.. maybe 5 days from the time i transplanted into soil. was very well rooted already though..the clone was extremely healthy and it blew up in the soil from the moment it hit the light. the clone was maybe 6 inches tall max.. and by the time it was done flowering it was at least 3 feet tall.. maybe 4.. buds were extremely sticky.. like ridiculously.. the smell and flavor were very rich.. smell has changed.. early on plant it was coffee earthly/hashy like i think.. very mild.. then mid-late flowering it was the same from a distance but up close it was sweet bubblegumish type flavor.. then after cut while drying and pulling off the leaves my hands smelled hashy/kushy... but the buds smelled still slightly bubbleberryish.. as they dried and started curing it smelled like coffee again.. now the bubbleberryish smell is coming back.. its great overall.. and it tasted great already from a day 3 dry sampling.. im 2 1/2 weeks into flowering one that was vegged for about 8 weeks.. its much taller (got too tall i didnt top it early enough cuz i was overwhelmed with my schedule, and plants took a hit as a result.. still healthy just lower leaves were dying off cuz too much distance from light with so much ruffage in between. anyway.. when i get closer to finish ill post pics and compare.. but i swear your pics gave me a flashback of how mine looked from the side in the dark pictures.. when that happens i know its exact.