What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre 98 Bubba Kush vs. Bubba Kush?

lakerschamps09

TMB how tall was the plant and how much you yeild under what light? i got bubba,pk and a cross of bubba kush and great white shark going in dwc 22 days 12/12 under a 600w about 3' post pics in a week

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
that bubba was about 2 1/2 feet tall in a 2 gallon pot under a 1000w hps, but not in a good spot for light. That picture was from like 5 months ago, but I've been averaging between 1 1/4 and 1 3/4 oz. of bubba in 2 gallon pots. been able to pull as much as 3 3/4 off of a heavily topped mom in 5 gallons.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Not the pre or the Kat! Just Bubba!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Good luck in the hunt guys!

walmatt23

I just got 5 pre-98 bk clones from a club in Santa Barbara (Pacific Coast Collective). Since it was my first time going there, they gave me a free blackberry bk as well. I was just gonna give the blackberry bk away, but one of the 5 pre-98 bk didn't make the journey back to NoCal, so I just threw it in my rainforest 66 unit with the remaining 4 pre 98s since I had the space.. I've never smoked either one before, so I'm super stoked to see how they turn out. Seems like 70 days is about the going flower time...is it February yet???

R

Red Swan

I'm growing the katsu now and am going to run it again. I wish I had cut the larger top fan leaves to allow the light in. I think it would have given a better yield. I grew her outdoors and had decent rock hard buds off her, but indoors, those giant leaves shade a lot.

Next run will be a bubba scrog.

Great input everyonw.

W

whatissixbynine

I grow the Katsu. It's awesome weed. I don't know if thats what you're referring to as "regular bubba" I think the pre98 should probably be the regular bubba if anything. The Katsu craves P in flowering and will turn all shades of purple if she doesn't get it. but the yields will be affected. stays green and yields a lot better with lots of P in the mix. It sucks if you have to pick one. I'd love to grow both side by side. It's good to hear that the katsu is out performing the pre98 in at least one garden though!

and people like me appreciate skipping a bit of that and keeping the purple >_>

nothing like that lavender ALL THE WAY THROUGH! \O/

R

Red Swan

The Katsu is temp sensitive. Outdoors she really purpled up in both spring and fall grows.
Indoors, the lower leaves have purpled by week 9, but the rest are green. I'm growing for the taste, I've got a nice pack of Ki ling Fields and Ki ling Fields x Mad o nna to look for fat yielding tasty purple plants.

S

Seismic

Well it's my first time growing it, and it was mislabeled by accident when I got it, so I didn't know till when I took this pic. Thanks for the valuable insight though, take care:jerkit:

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
yeah, I was gonna say that wasn't bubba, but I didn't wanna burst seismic's bubble. Looks like a great plant though!

S

Seismic

Thanks TMB, I thought it was bubba for the entire cycle, up until it really started to fatten up, and the calyx formation started to change. Makes me want the real one even more, take care dude.