What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shoreline

Fire

420cali - the highest i ever took them to was around 1000 ppm in these pics

thanks again everyone! :smile:

kathmandu

since the thread has been brought back up....what ferts are you currently using, has PBP continued to give the best yield?
still sporting the shoreline? if you are could you post some dried bud pics....

exactlywatt

Man, I don't know how I missed this thread Fire! Nice comparison thread! I've always wanted to do the same. And the Shoreline looks great as always!

Surely, as a native Texan, I can track down my own cut of Shoreline someday. I can't even find some to smoke since I left H-Town, but I can't wait to go home for x-mas!

wickyd

when you get that htown cut, lemme know. As soon as I left Tx , I also lost my shoreline, nasty pungent baby.

love that plant

Dr Seuss

I found a lil bit on a trip to austin recently, didn't really look like the real thing though...

Still on the search for any of it in a growing or harvested condition.

wickyd

dont worry about the look, its a dark green with some funky growth patterns, but its the smell that'll set you free.

G

anybody know what happened to sbp? i miss the guy and i've gotta give him some updates! pm me

wordtree

just read through this again...giving a bump for this excellent report.
this strain is as close to the RKS as one can get these days, would you say?

G

guest5703

So wheres the grow report with House and Garden nutrients? lol I want to see more!! Dank job bro, what a fun way to experiment!

G

fire- have you run the shoreline outside? im curious as to whether the skunkiness is anymore robust when done outside. i know that was the case with va skunk and other roadkills of yester-year.

Shoreline

Hello Fire and all other guests, After many years in offline silence I now step forward from the shadows. I have all the original info on the Shoreline as I am the Breeder responsible for the clone that goes around today, although there were others, only one version exists ten years later. The pictures in Fire's garden look exactly like they should this is a perfect example At 56 days however the Strain wants to go 65-70, the lower the temp in flower the less damage to the resin = longer flowering period and larger yield! Anyway it goes like this: Bagseed was found from the Shoreline Amp in 89-90, seeds were grown out, a mother selected and this was the strongest thing this group had seen so it was kept {strange ropey growth characteristics, hardcore dank garlic skunk odor and more than just an Indica but an all out head and body high similar to O.G. or Hash plant}. These intelligent and educated growers before phasing out of growing, crossed this Mother with a Male NL#2 (Oasis)and these seeds were given to me. In 97 I grew out about 75 of these seeds and came up 2 great females and one incredible male covered with trichomes. The Male was crossed with my prized N.L. #5 and a clone was selected from about 35 females that were grown out. This is the only representation of the original genetics that is left as far as I know... my original sets of seeds were lost and or confiscated. I am glad it flourishes as it does B/C I was never a strain hoarder. Hit me back anyone out there with ?'s thnx Resingrower

Fire

wow! Thank You very much for the wonderful piece of information many have pondered about.

Your selection has a very special reputation down here :smile:

So finally is it safe to say that SHORELINE is:

(Dutch Passion: "Oasis" [NL#2] male) X ('89 Shoreline Amp. Ca. Bag-Seed female) = 75 seeds (2 female, 1 male keepers) = 1997 Shoreline
(1997 Shoreline male) X (Resingrower's N.L.#5 selection) = SHORELINE (best of 35 females) ?

okay my question is.. were any of the two 1997 female Shoreline cuts ever in circulation somewhere out there? or were they ever around?

and in your opinion, were the '97's better (more potent, better tasting)? How did they compare?

i remember in 2001-2003 a few people were saying they thought maybe there were 2 different Shorelines going around, that one was more dank then the other but very similar.

ah the memories.....

at the time I always just thought people didn't have any idea what they were talking about hehe..

Thank You again for your work, sharing, and coming forward.

it's an honor to have you in here RG :smile:

Last edited:
G

thanks for coming forward RG. :smile: ive been curious about the shoreline for awhile. just pulled a couple morning tubes through a FRO piece actually. :wink:

G

man, so ive been thinking about this all day. if the current shoreline cut is 75% NL, the original bagseed cut had to be the funkiest shit imaginable. did you ever grow or smoke the original cut RG? its really tragic that beans were lost/confiscated. goes to show what a hard world it is for the cannabis enthusiast these days.

G

Yeah, today's Shoreline cut is definately sativa-leaning. My old lady won't smoke it because she says its too 'edgy' for her. It's definately a zippy, get-stuff-done buzz. Was the cut you had in '97 and skunkier?