Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Vote No to to legalization before it is too late, or is it already?

Thread Title Search
Vote No to to legalization before it is too late, or is it already? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2016, 07:07 PM #1
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Vote No to to legalization before it is too late, or is it already?

Let us use California as an example for a start.
Californians have no protections at all under AUMA.
The Section 10 amendment… gives the State Legislature the right to change pretty much anything in the Adult Use of Marijuana Act except its purpose. And its purpose is to raise tax money.

This legislation will enable law makers to legalize cannabis first, then strip you of you right to grow and impose what ever restrictions they wish without a vote of the people. A special, and unusual, provision in AUMA provides that none of these cannabis taxes will go to benefit the General Fund, or to public schools or community colleges.

If legalized, piss tests for employment will remain the same!

The new legislation could potentially open a door for big corporations that are interested only in profit. It puts consumers and communities in danger and destroys the established unique environment of California marijuana market. Leticia Pepper claims that some corporations are already building a distribution infrastructure. Charlo Greene, an owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, supports the claim, saying that ‘any person who cares about social justice first, before business, should vote no for the Adult Use of Marijuana Act in California.’

At least when it is legal people will not be jailed for cannabis anymore. OOOPS!
The act would create new felonies and misdemeanors. Those caught in violation of the law could receive some serious jail time. After passing, a possession of excessive amounts of cannabis or growing marijuana could send you to jail up to three years.
Hey! WTF everybody said legalization will put an end to people going to prison for cannabis?

This is just a lie to get you to vote yes to legalization and then they will pull the rug out from under you!

Jeffrey Zinsmeister, executive vice president of Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM), a coalition of medical professionals, public policy experts.

Zinsmeister said The state should have gone for a medical or "science-based" approach rather than a corporate one.

"You know there's something real wrong with a marijuana legalization initiative if the guy who wrote the medical marijuana initiative in that state is against it," he said of the proposed law.

Dennis Peron, a coauthor of the proposition that granted California's current medical marijuana, does indeed oppose Prop 64. Like others, he said it undermines medical weed and isn't necessary.

Power to the people, not corporate America!
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:34 PM #2
BruceBanner

BruceBanner is a jewel in the roughBruceBanner is a jewel in the roughBruceBanner is a jewel in the roughBruceBanner is a jewel in the roughBruceBanner is a jewel in the roughBruceBanner is a jewel in the rough
Voting?! You must be joking
BruceBanner is offline Quote

Old 12-28-2016, 04:52 PM #3
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:47 PM #4
shaggyballs

I think it may just be too late already.....Say good by to home growing and say hello to mail order trash weed. You will soon be forced to take what they want to give you and for a price they will be able to set as soon as their is no longer any competition.

If you disagree speak up, but back it up with facts also.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:47 PM #5
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
Home growing, possession allowances are always better than none.

Why?

Because it allows people to talk about cannabis, without looking over their shoulder for a cop first. This allows the truth to flow and when the truth flows, legislation begins to, and continues to, ease up.

Freeing the cannabis is a process, starting with the correct education of the naysaying adult public. Thems the facts, jack.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:51 AM #6
III%
Banned

III% has a spectacular aura aboutIII% has a spectacular aura aboutIII% has a spectacular aura aboutIII% has a spectacular aura about
You can't fight the inevitable. The smokers will make this decision, the only thing growers can do is live with it and make the most of it.
III% is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2017, 03:27 AM #7
Mukind

Mukind is a jewel in the roughMukind is a jewel in the roughMukind is a jewel in the roughMukind is a jewel in the roughMukind is a jewel in the roughMukind is a jewel in the rough
Goodbye?

You're afraid of 6 months in jail?

Losing some stuff?

Relative to literally every state in the country there are no penalties...Even if you were going to see all 6 of those months, which you probably aren't. That's really too high a risk?

https://norml.org/laws/item/california-penalties

Just don't get caught making one of the banned extracts
Mukind is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:41 AM #8
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
If legalized, piss tests for employment will remain the same!
Funnily enough, I noticed the opposite happening in Colorado the last few years. Fewer and fewer employers are drug testing, moving to capability based hiring/firing. You screw up, you get fired. You don't screw up, you keep the job and get promoted.

Random drug screening is for managers who don't know how to manage people.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2017, 02:32 AM #9
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
With the number of physically mature folks over the age of 18/21 (take your pick), that are still acting like children, it's my semi educated opinion that it's already too late. These 'adult' children are only creating more of the same.
These people want what they want & they want it now with no regard to who it may hurt now or in the future. They only care about themselves!
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2017, 02:37 AM #10
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by III% View Post
You can't fight the inevitable. The smokers will make this decision, the only thing growers can do is live with it and make the most of it.
Guess the non growing smokers better get used to wal mart weed then. People are going to get what they can afford, not some over hyped name. The hype is mainly a forum thing.
MJPassion is offline Quote