What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monsanto does not own General Hydroponics or Botanicare

Status
Not open for further replies.

different

Like the title says, Monsanto does not own General Hydroponics or Botanicare.
I keep seeing it on the forums and I thought the misinformation needed to be addressed.
Scotts owns General Hydroponics and Botanicare.
Scotts has a distribution deal with Monsanto for Round Up.
Scotts does not own Monsanto. Monsanto does not own Scotts. Scotts does not own Round Up.
Monsanto is a separate company that has nothing to do with General Hydroponics and Botanicare.
I'm not sure why that is difficult for people to grasp.
:tiphat:

Last edited:

Cannabologist

Veteran
Because don't you know, bullshit sells bro! MARKETING BRO !

Don't you know organics man??? Organics????? Comeon maaaaann! Organics!!!!

NOOOOOO

Monsanto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SAID IT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

comeon bro organics bro organic is a chemical you can't spray monsanto on your plants dont you know my pot is 100% ORGANIC BRO ROFL
https://sfist.com/2017/08/31/80_percent_of_medical_marijuana_tes.php

totalllllllllllllllly organic don't you know bro NO chems!

COMEON MAAAAAAAAAAAAn monsanto! Don't you know!!!

Last edited:

Viral505

I keep seeing it on the forums and I though the misinformation needed to be addressed.
Scotts does not own Monsanto. Monsanto does not own Scotts. Scotts does not own Round Up.
Monsanto is a separate company that has nothing to do with General Hydroponics and Botanicare.

Right, I always thought that based on rumors on forums.

General Hydroponics, Gavita, Miracle Grow, Vermicrop Organics, and the brands EcoScraps and Supersoil are all owned by Scotts.

Thought this was interesting fun fact.. General Hydroponics has considerably less heavy metals than most chem fertilizers. Did my own research looking at the ADO's list of registered fertilizers and was like /mindblow :ying: (and actually my organic mix has a lot more heavy metals than I thought it did, so I guess I'll be doing some new sourcing based on this info for the health of it)

mctasty

I keep seeing it on the forums and I thought the misinformation needed to be addressed.

Amen brother (or sister) I am also sick of the propaganda, I have been going a long ass time and GH has been my go to product forever, always priced right, produces quality and it is consistent.

Anyone who tells me that BS now I just tune out and they lose credibility instantly with me for not knowing the facts.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
now this is in softsecrets

29694639_1963739113667538_6840006890877878272_n.jpg

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

Propaganda much? Because they are all partners.

beta

Veteran
Thought this was interesting fun fact.. General Hydroponics has considerably less heavy metals than most chem fertilizers. Did my own research looking at the ADO's list of registered fertilizers and was like /mindblow :ying: (and actually my organic mix has a lot more heavy metals than I thought it did, so I guess I'll be doing some new sourcing based on this info for the health of it)

fyi 'heavy metals' are essential plant nutrients, there's a reason they're added. All healthy soul has 'heavy metals' in it.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Amen brother (or sister) I am also sick of the propaganda, I have been going a long ass time and GH has been my go to product forever, always priced right, produces quality and it is consistent.

Anyone who tells me that BS now I just tune out and they lose credibility instantly with me for not knowing the facts.

Lol

beta

Veteran
Then why do there websites claim they are partners and use each others logos?

Did you even read what you posted? The 'partnership' you're referring to is a licensing agreement that allows Scotts to sell some Monsanto products using their brand names.

This is a really common arrangement in virtually every industry. It doesn't mean they're the same company. It doesn't even mean their companies are related. It means their companies do business with each other.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
No. It does mean they are related. They profit off of each other. The money trail leads to the same people. At the very least they should be boycotted for doing business with shady companies. Anyone with any respect for cannabis or earth should avoid giving any money to these companies! Period. They are not good people.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Clearly you are the confused one. Keep defending you monsanto affiliated products. Eventually they will try to treat cannabis just like corn and soy. Then you can have it just like you paid for.

different

No. It does mean they are related. They profit off of each other. The money trail leads to the same people. At the very least they should be boycotted for doing business with shady companies. Anyone with any respect for cannabis or earth should avoid giving any money to these companies! Period. They are not good people.

Must be tough to not be able to shop at any hardware stores or garden centers.
Or Costco, Kmart, Target, Ace, etc.
Or UPS, FedEx...

Gry

There will be a special bonus for continuing to believe in the corporate wholesome goodness with extra integrity added just because we love how special you know we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts