What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Triacontanol Products

juzsumguy

Hello, i am a little confused about the application rate of Triacontanol.

Foliar up to 25 ppm?

and in the nutrient-solution 1 ppm, or 0,1 ppm or 0.001 ppm?

Why so much in foliar, i thought as a foliar application you use less than u do for normal nutrient mix?

i ask cause i bought premix 100ml from ebay at 2000 ppm. where 0,5ml equals 1 ppm dilluted in one liter of water. I kinda thought i just mix 40 ml in my Rhizotonic and my Hesi Boost (carbs) 5L cannisters. That should be around 0,01 ppm in a nutrient solution. is that enough for drench?

glow

Vitazyme has Tria and brassinosteriod in it. im loving the growth its having on my plants right now in veg.i had been looking for brassinosteriod on ebay and found some powder stuff of it but didnt trust the saler so when i found Vitazyme i was happy bc it had tria & brass along with a slew of other good things and is OMRI listed. check the pics in my journal post #328 https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=305363&page=22

Here is the link to all the things in Vitazyme. i got it off ebay for 18$ for 8oz and the useage rate is only .5 tsp per gallon.

Here are some active ingredients in Vitazyme (all derived from natural materials):

* 1-triacontanol...................................................................0.17 mg/ml

* Brassinosteroids (homobrassinolide,
homodolicholide, dolicholide, brassinone).......................0.03 mg/ml

* Kinetin............................................................................. < 1 mg/ml

* Gibberellic acid..............................................................0.13 mg/ml

* Indoleacetic acid.............................................................. < 1 mg/ml

* Biotin.............................................................................0.006 mg/lb

* Folic acid.......................................................................0.007 mg/lb

* Niacin............................................................................0.077 mg/lb

* Pantothenic acid..............................................................0.13 mg/lb

* Vitamin B1 (thiamin)......................................................2.03 mg/lb

* Vitamin B2 (riboflavin).................................................0.078 mg/lb

* Vitamin B6........................................................................1.2 mg/lb

* Vitamin B12 (cobalamine)...........................................0.0015 mg/lb

* Glycosides

* Glucans

* Various enzymes

* Brassinosteroids, called “a growth regulator of the 21st Century”, are effective at extremely low concentrations. At the standard 13 oz/acre (1 liter/ha) application rate, 30 mg/ha are applied, which is well within the accepted active range of 20 to 50 mg/ha. Effects on plants include: greater seed germination, increased crop yield, improved flowering, enhanced stress tolerance (temperature extremes, salinity, drought, and pesticides), increased leaf chlorophyll and photosynthesis.

* Triacontanol is a well-researched compound found in relative abundance in Vitazyme, at about 0.17 mg/ml. It can activate plant growth when applied at extremely low concentrations, less than 1 mg/ha. Effects on plants include: improved seedling growth, increased chlorophyll and photosynthesis, enhanced dry matter accumulation, increased crop yield.

http://vitalgrowdistribution.com/ingredients.html

It would make for a good additive during vegetative stages of growth but def not something you want to use in stretch. As for flower (swelling/bulking) I expect best left out of the equation. Hormones are extremely complex stuff and by altering endogenous hormone levels through the addition of even extremely low levels of applied hormone this through an extremely complex cross talk between hormones acts to give favour to certain hormones while suppressing others. So for example if you apply Brassinosteroids (BR) they increase stretch (some classes of synthetic PGRs/growth retardants act by suppressing BR) and if you add auxins they increase root growth while also encouraging lateral dominance. Gibberellic acid (GA) is the hormone most associated to stretch in plants so theoretically this product contains 2 hormones which increase stretch and one hormone that encourages lateral dominance. TRIA isn't a hormone but is a natural/organic PGR. My experience with it is it is great in grow but can do some weird and wonderful things in bloom (handle with care) - bottom line is I expect this product is developed for veg growth and not fruit set and certainly not fruit set in cannabis.

juzsumguy

Still confused.

Glow, but your products at MB also contain Brassos and Tria, also your ConBloom. So I thought Tria is kinda good also in flowering, just not too much?

glow

Still confused.

Glow, but your products at MB also contain Brassos and Tria, also your ConBloom. So I thought Tria is kinda good also in flowering, just not too much?

Yes mate at extremely low levels when used at the right point of the crop cycle they can help - used at higher levels and/or at other points of the crop cycle some weird and wonderful things can happen.

BubbaBear

It would make for a good additive during vegetative stages of growth but def not something you want to use in stretch. As for flower (swelling/bulking) I expect best left out of the equation. Hormones are extremely complex stuff and by altering endogenous hormone levels through the addition of even extremely low levels of applied hormone this through an extremely complex cross talk between hormones acts to give favour to certain hormones while suppressing others. So for example if you apply Brassinosteroids (BR) they increase stretch (some classes of synthetic PGRs/growth retardants act by suppressing BR) and if you add auxins they increase root growth while also encouraging lateral dominance. Gibberellic acid (GA) is the hormone most associated to stretch in plants so theoretically this product contains 2 hormones which increase stretch and one hormone that encourages lateral dominance. TRIA isn't a hormone but is a natural/organic PGR. My experience with it is it is great in grow but can do some weird and wonderful things in bloom (handle with care) - bottom line is I expect this product is developed for veg growth and not fruit set and certainly not fruit set in cannabis.

Ive been scared to try Vitazyme in flower because of all the hormones exactly for the reasons glow mentioned but a user on another forum as well as Kygiacomo had great results with it in flower with no weird stretch or foxtailing, one user greatly over applied it too at 6oz per gallon when the recommended dosage is a half tsp per gallon lol. Im gonna check it out.

glow

Ive been scared to try Vitazyme in flower because of all the hormones exactly for the reasons glow mentioned but a user on another forum as well as Kygiacomo had great results with it in flower with no weird stretch or foxtailing, one user greatly over applied it too at 6oz per gallon when the recommended dosage is a half tsp per gallon lol. Im gonna check it out.

Yes nothing is certain - hormone cross talk is an extremely complex thing so while BRs induce stretch they also are beneficial to growth and will elicit different effects on different plant types/species and I expect even genetic variations of the same species. Add to this that you have several PGRs at work and things become less predictable re what any product does until you try it and measure things in controlled side-by-side trials, I'd be hesitant to use this product in stretch but could see it being of value during the swelling phase perhaps?. Let us know how the research goes - def we have formulated a few hormone products that on paper should act one way but but when applied act in a completely different way. So for example just to complexify things addition of ABA and CK will inhibit endogenous IAA levels increasing veg growth and reducing root growth and apical dominance. However, when say looking at kelps, studies have concluded that when used at their recommended rates the levels of hormones and their balances aren't at adequate levels to explain the effects they have on plants. Instead through modulating innate pathways for the biosynthesis of phytohormones in plants kelps can alter endogenous hormone levels in the plant. Basically, the use of hormones/PGRs is too oft dumbed down and things are extremely complex re what any phytohormone/PGR may or may not do.

Last edited:

MoPho

I recently started making my own triacontanol spray, it's very easy and at the rate I apply it costs me around 5 cents per gallon of 25ppm spray (high end of standard dosing). Might be something to look into if 50 bucks a year is too much.

How do you make your own spray if you don't mind me asking? Is it from Tria powder? If so, which method are you using to melt the Tria?

Thanks

growdontsmoke.l

I realise this thread is for tria and I am sorry if I am intruding I just wanted to make you all aware of brassinolide for veg. I am no expert but I have had amazing results for cheap cheap cheap price.

I sprayed very generously at 0.1 and my plant has grown over 4cm in under 24 hours and looks at the top of its health.

I really think brassinolide could be a magical, cost effective and supposedly harmless plant stimulant.

I am repeating application in 14 days and I feel like I could up the ppm to 0.15 or even 0.2 ppm. My plant seems to be taking it really well. Even after a single night the leaves are soaring and the plant generally looks vibrant and healthy.

has anyone had experience with brassinolide or any of the brassinosteroid family? I feel like there should be a thread for it, its a very un-talked about plant hormone when it comes to growing weed.

mexweed

Veteran
40% increase in yield, advanced nutrients, and foliar application of steroids mentioned in the same thread