What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Did you go to Woodstock?

*DadinPain*

Hello Gang, I was curious if any of you went to Woodstock, and how old were you. Did you get muddy.....how much do you remember. LOL

Later Gator
Dad

I was just a little young for Woodstock. However I did make the infamous Summer Jam '73 at Watkins Glen. I think I was 15 then,told my parents I was going camoing for the weekend,(not really a lie),and rode a bicycle 75 miles after all my fag friends chickened out. And I don't remember a lot of it,but I do remember enough....

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was too young (12 & in NYC) for the first one & too far away (1500 mi.) from Woodstock '94. I did however find some local work in Oct. '94 and wound up in Woodstock for Halloween, a very cool night indeed.

I suggest that anyone within a days drive of Woodstock should look into a fall weekend there including Halloween night as well.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I was stationed in Germany nov 68 jan 70 , fixing helicopters and airplanes for Uncle Sugar. Smoked a lot of hash tho, drank ungodly amounts of beer.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I was on vacation with my family before I went in the army. So no. But everybody I met in the service from upstate NY claimed to have been there.

L

LuckyPunch

damn i wasnt there (bu i was in planning :) )
is out there a good alternativ festival for ws ?

I love how this was buried, never to be seen again then suddenly someone digs it out five years later and folks continue the conversation like nothing happened. Are the first three posters even still on the board? I love the Internet.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Maybe it'll get more play this time around:biggrin:

Hello Gang, I was curious if any of you went to Woodstock, and how old were you. Did you get muddy.....how much do you remember. LOL

Later Gator
Dad

..... and if you didn't get muddy, you weren't really there!;)

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was 7 and living in Cali....was picked up hitch hiking by deadhead's and then i don't remember the next 3 weeks except the naked women.

dddaver

Veteran
I was just a little young for Woodstock. However I did make the infamous Summer Jam '73 at Watkins Glen. I think I was 15 then,told my parents I was going camoing for the weekend,(not really a lie),and rode a bicycle 75 miles after all my fag friends chickened out. And I don't remember a lot of it,but I do remember enough....

DUDE! You must be my uddah brotha from a differnt mutha. I think I was 14 in '69.

I did see Earth Wind, and Fire, along with Stevie Wonder, and then ZZ Top at the Syracuse War Memorial in the early '70s. What a bill. What a show. I also saw many other great concerts there, Humble Pie, Edgar Winter just to name a couple. I drove all the way over to Saratoga Springs once just to see Greg (Duane was deader than hell by then) Allman. Beuteous. The Electric Elves lead singer who went on to become Ronny Dio was a first cousin of my best friend back then. He was first recruited by Deep Purple at the War Memorial and managed back then by the older brother of another good friend of mine. Ronny went fast from cancer a couple years ago. Real name was Ronny Padovana, high school valedictorian, all around great man. I went over to Ronny's childhood house with my friend once who wanted to visit his mother's sister. Nobody was home. But back then nobody locked their doors either, so we just walked right in. The whole fam damly is real short like Ronny was. Ahhh, memories.

Did you go to Woodstock?
Nope didn't make it.
No one at the time new that that one weekend was going to be the high water mark for my generation & the hippie/flower child movement.
The crowd was estimated at 1/2 a million & I could swear that I've talked to at least ten times that many in the last fourty years that swear they were there.

Prodigygrower

Veteran
damn that was one hell of a party i wish i could go back grab my grand dad from nam and hit it up. I bet the L was ridicules. I saw phil in langaraadoo or how ever you spell it with 311 and the beastie boys that was sick I dnt remember much the amber Mollie shard was sick plus it was my first time i thought they were like rolls so i ate 5 lil chunk's I didnt know u only needed a half a tenth to get spun lol my boy dropped a half a gram and pissed him self. I walked around fried giving the girl's dips and dancing to 311 he shouldnt of gave me a zip lol I woke up in a tent under 2 girls that i didnt know and 2 more that were snooring next to them lol man that was fun.