What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Christian Fellowship- Bible Verse of the Day--Please Contribute:::::::

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Water-

Which god, or are we assuming the Abrahamic one? A couple of the snake gods just do evil. The cow ones usually just good. There's a tree god that just sits there. Rock god? Not the one you think of.

Illusion of free will. "You can do anything you want, but if you don't do it the way I say you should, I'll burn you in Hell forever."

Fuck that. No god. No old man in sky. No omnipotent, omniscient lizard that needs MY money so some lying fuckwit evangelical's wife can get bigger tits. Done at death, live it before you're over.

the cows are the best,

they give us mushrooms

totally worthy of worship

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Revelation 21 New King James Version (NKJV)

All Things Made New

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, [a]John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said [b]to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
6 And He said to me, “It[c] is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes [d]shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, [e]unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
The New Jerusalem

9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came [f]to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the [g]bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the [h]great city, the [i]holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.
14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the [j]names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. 15 And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. 16 The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand [k]furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal. 17 Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel. 18 The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
The Glory of the New Jerusalem

22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine [l]in it, for the [m]glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations [n]of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor [o]into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into [p]it. 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything [q]that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

The greatness of our God! Cannabis is a gift from God! So is coffee! Christians, posts a picture of what you have going on with your verse of the day! Tell your story! The story of the living God!

picture.php

Mick

Veteran
not so sure I like this guy,

i think he could have made some better choices.

why create evil?

good and evil are not really the same as yin and yang.

Good and evil are an example of dualism which is what the concept of the Yin and Yang represents imo.

" When people see things as beautiful,
ugliness is created.
When people see things as good,
evil is created.

Being and non-being produce each other.
Difficult and easy complement each other.
Long and short define each other.
High and low oppose each other.
Fore and aft follow each other."

Taoism does my head in.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many Scriptures affirm that God is not the author of evil: "God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone" (James 1:13). "God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all" (1 John 1:5). "God is not the author of confusion" (1 Corinthians 14:33)—and if that is true, He cannot in any way be the author of evil.

Occasionally someone will quote Isaiah 45:7 (KJV) and claim it proves God made evil as a part of His creation: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things" (emphasis added).

But the New American Standard Bible gives the sense of Isaiah 45:6-7 more clearly: "There is no one besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other, the One forming light and creating darkness, causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these." In other words, God devises calamity as a judgment for the wicked. But in no sense is He the author of evil.

Evil originates not from God but from the fallen creature.

beta

Veteran
Many Scriptures affirm that God is not the author of evil: "God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone" (James 1:13). "God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all" (1 John 1:5). "God is not the author of confusion" (1 Corinthians 14:33)—and if that is true, He cannot in any way be the author of evil.

Occasionally someone will quote Isaiah 45:7 (KJV) and claim it proves God made evil as a part of His creation: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things" (emphasis added).

But the New American Standard Bible gives the sense of Isaiah 45:6-7 more clearly: "There is no one besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other, the One forming light and creating darkness, causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these." In other words, God devises calamity as a judgment for the wicked. But in no sense is He the author of evil.

Evil originates not from God but from the fallen creature.

This is all completely contrary to the claim that god is omni-powerful. If god does not create evil and has no control over evil, he is not omni-powerful.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please take the christian theology debate topics to the Jesus and the Holy Bible thread. This thread is for christians to fellowship together and study the bible. Thanks

Have a good weekend!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362856

John 12:20-26

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Jesus Predicts His Death[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]20 Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the festival. 21 They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request. “Sir,” they said, “we would like to see Jesus.” 22 Philip went to tell Andrew; Andrew and Philip in turn told Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]23 Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24 Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.[/FONT]

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please take the christian theology debate topics to the Jesus and the Holy Bible thread. This thread is for christians to fellowship together and study the bible. Thanks

Luke 11:2-4 NKJV

Jesus said, "When you pray, say:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name
Your kingdom come.

Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us day by day our daily

bread.
And forgive us our sins,

For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into
temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one."

Amen

picture.php

beta

Veteran

Or, alternatively, you can not tell other people what to do.

I understand that's difficult for the authoritarian type that are attracted to religion, but do try to give it your best shot.

jesus-knock-knock.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
not so sure I like this guy,

i think he could have made some better choices.

why create evil?

good and evil are not really the same as yin and yang.

Yin/Yang has nothing to do with good or evil really.i used to be a toaist and still am for the most most part.in all my studying i dont remember a knowlegable toaist mention good or evil.Yin/Yang is just a symbol of balance.there is a little yang in yin and vice versa.thats what that symbol means

W

Water-

Good and evil are an example of dualism which is what the concept of the Yin and Yang represents imo.

" When people see things as beautiful,
ugliness is created.
When people see things as good,
evil is created.

Being and non-being produce each other.
Difficult and easy complement each other.
High and low oppose each other.
Fore and aft follow each other."

Taoism does my head in.

shithawk is correct I believe.

Yin and Yang have nothing to do with good and evil value judgments that involve punishment by a god.

I think the passsage is reffering to the idea of a unity of all things and that the mind is the source of the illusion of duality.

I understand where you are coming from but the philosophy behind the two ideas is very different.

1. "The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name. The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things. Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

2. When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad. Being and non-being create each other.
Difficult and easy support each other.
High and low depend on each other.
Before and after follow each other. Therefore the Master
acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn't possess,
acts but doesn't expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it lasts forever.

If you overesteem great men,
people become powerless.
If you overvalue possessions,
people begin to steal. The Master leads
by emptying people's minds
and filling their cores,
by weakening their ambition
and toughening their resolve. she helps people lose everything
they know, everything they desire,
and creates confusion
in those who think that they know. Practice not-doing,
and everything will fall into place.

4. "The Tao is like a well:
used but never used up.
It is like the eternal void:
filled with infinite possibilities. It is hidden but always present.
I don't know who gave birth to it.
It is older than God.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Ignoring these detracting posts. Please stop it guys! I will start a thread for you out of love. You are forgiven!

Psalm 56:4 NKJV

In God ( I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust
I will not fear.

What can flesh do to me?

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran

I understand that's difficult for the authoritarian type that are attracted to religion, but do try to give it your best shot.

View Image

Yep. Often times I don't agree with beta, but when he's right, he's right. This is a discussion forum focusing on weed, not religion or politics. But if you do bring up politics, religion, Trump, Alex Jones, whatever.. You can't expect everyone to agree with you, or for those who disagree with you to just hold their piece and shut up. That's not how it works here. If you want to discuss about something, you take the good and the bad even if you don't agree with what is said. Turn the other cheek, so to speak. If you don't want to discuss and debate stuff, don't bring it up in the first place.

If you want to hang out with like minded Christian folks, go to church. If you want to declare you faith, your views on politics and/or interpretation about the bible and make it a monologue, start you own forum where you can control what is written by the members. But on a forum like ICmag, you can't tell people not to post in a thread, just because you started one about a specific subject.

That said, hope I'm not offending you Pipeline, I know you're a good guy and you mean well. But this "start your own thread if you don't agree with me" stuff is a bit cocky, imo.

O/T:

Psalm 104:14 (King James Bible)
"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth"

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

View Image

Think of this thread as the Church thread. Christians come here to share and grow in our faith together. Iron sharpens iron. This thread will be our little oasis.

Just trying to keep things clean.

Thanks brother! I enjoy the debate, and sharing my faith. Its just how we have to do things so it all makes sense and is easy to follow. :smoke:

This thread is for God's harvest.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
[/FONT]

picture.php

beta

Veteran
Think of this thread as the Church thread. Christians come here to share and grow in our faith together.

Is this to say that Churches are not open to non-believers? Seems kinda contrary to the whole salvation thing...

If you can't handle having your ideas criticized publicly.. Maybe don't proclaim your beliefs publicly?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Because I feel like bombing a church
Now, now that you know that the preacher is lying"

Bob Marley, 'Talkin Blues'

Preachers aren't always true men of God. Sometimes they lead the flock astray with satanic idealology. Its a shame, but its true. I realized that when I was listening to 'Talking Blues'.

Non believers are welcome here, just keep it respectful, and those who want to learn will learn.

This Christian fellowship thread doesn't need to be bogged down by ongoing posts by people questioning Christianity. People truely seeking God are welcome to post here, the debate is for the other thread though. Made 2 threads because they are 2 different topics/subjects.

Not sure why, but our brother right isn't able to post in this thread right now he said.

Thanks guys!

Matthew 22:37-40 nkjv

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

W

Water-

everyone is welcome here.

no one needs you permission.

be ready for opposing ideas because you are obviously looking to stir shit up.

that is your ultimate goal here, isn't it? with your flag waving and bible preaching?

you have been a member for almost 15 years.

why now?

Status
Not open for further replies.