What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Christian Fellowship- Bible Verse of the Day--Please Contribute:::::::

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. Phatty

Luke 1:27-38 New International Version (NIV)
27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[a] the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month.

37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+1:27-38&version=NIV

About formatting - is it supposed to have a number at the beginning of each sentence, like with 37 & 38 ?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Luke 4: 1-13

Satan Tempts Jesus

4 Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit [a]into the wilderness, 2 being [b]tempted for forty days by the devil. And in those days He ate nothing, and afterward, when they had ended, He was hungry.
3 And the devil said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread.”
4 But Jesus answered him, saying, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, [c]but by every word of God.’ ”
5 [d]Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.”
8 And Jesus answered and said to him, [e]“Get behind Me, Satan! [f]For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”
9 Then he brought Him to Jerusalem, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here. 10 For it is written:
‘He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you,’

11 and,
‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ”

12 And Jesus answered and said to him, “It has been said, ‘You shall not [g]tempt the Lord your God.’ ”
13 Now when the devil had ended every [h]temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Luke 1:27-38 New International Version (NIV)
27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[a] the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month.

37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+1%3A27-38&version=NIV

About formatting - is it supposed to have a number at the beginning of each sentence, like with 37 & 38 ?

The Word says it is God's child! The truth is God came to save us! He sent His Son Jesus to teach us the way to the Father so we may obtain the promise of Abraham. Amen

S

SandyFantasyman

Genesis 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 To the woman he said,
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

S

SandyFantasyman

1 Corinthians 11:14
Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him,

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
What about the one where Satan and God make a bet and destroy Job's life over their self-obsessed petty prideful gambling?

I like that story.

Tell us that one!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gods word has much to say about marriage and the family. Got to read it all to understand the truth of God's intentions.

Ephesians 5: 22-33

Marriage—Christ and the Church

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might [g]sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, [h]of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What about the one where Satan and God make a bet and destroy Job's life over their self-obsessed petty prideful gambling?

I like that story.

Tell us that one!

God allows our faith and intentions of our heart to be tested by Satan, so we can by faith overcome and be worthy of being called one of God's children. Read and study the bible. Post the verses you are unsure about.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 Corinthians 11:14
Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him,

Those are the words of the apostle Paul. He was referring to prayer in the church, head coverings, and women had less rights at that time. God doesn't necessarily think that. He made us the way we are.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Leviticus 20:18

And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered. Matthew 21:18-22

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool! Thanks for sharing those great verses Mean Mr. Mustard!! I can help interpret those verses if you need help understanding God's Word!

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why are those your verse of the day?

Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?

Do you also want to be one of His disciples?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Um I think they are my verses for the day because I have a huge problem with the control one book has over millions and millions of people.

I have read it in its entirety though I glossed over some begat begat begat shat.

I see nothing but double speak, hypocrisy, and flat out lies littered in with good bits (like Proverbs) now.

When I was young I did get dunked but I have since grown up and fairy tales seem pretty fake.

I wouldn't make a good disciple.

S

SandyFantasyman

Um I think they are my verses for the day because I have a huge problem with the control one book has over millions and millions of people.

I have read it in its entirety though I glossed over some begat begat begat shat.

I see nothing but double speak, hypocrisy, and flat out lies littered in with good bits (like Proverbs) now.

When I was young I did get dunked but I have since grown up and fairy tales seem pretty fake.

Amen

;)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The bible is meant to be studied just keep studying, keep praying. Please start a new thread .

John 3: 16-17 NKJV

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Matthew 7:7-12
NKJV

Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking

7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Status
Not open for further replies.