What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

Tangwena

Veteran
Tell ya what mate, it'd be practical to have your sheila around next time you open those vac bags for you don't wanna have a boner go wasted... diju say dark horse? :laughing:

:tiphat:orf
Ha Ha yes wise words at my age you never know if its going to be your last ha ha.
My wife is Portuguese hot blooded you know like Spanish chicks they need regular servicing ha ha.

ColaCalyx

Here's my H×P, she has always had a strong smell. I bent her top over to slow down her height a little. Dont really want the top going over the fence. Her stems are super hollow. Really nice open structure, the light penetrates her very easily. Forming lots of budsites!

Attachments

• 20190901_180707.jpg
    20190901_180707.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 87

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
You're in for a treat when that beauty ripens. Nice plant, and your growing season will allow her to finish nicely.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Tangwena friend :huggg:

I'm the one who cannot thank you enough for your enthusiasm growing our genetics, and for keep us updated with your frequent updates here in our room :)

The flowers of your Honduras x Panama feminized have produced the classic big fatty buds and the explosive pistils formation from the Panama Goddess mother (although not as dense, which is desirable to avoid botrytis), and the purple pigmentation in the ovaries are also a sign of the influence coming from the purple Honduras mother. Hope the Honduras makes the effect even brighter and more uplifting than straight Panama, that was one of the goals with this hybrid.

I'm also curious to know your opinion between the regular version of the hybrid you grew before, compared with this feminized one you have just harvested ...
as you have experienced both versions from first hand experience.

Wish you also have enjoyed your well deserved holidays during the past week sir! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the positive feedback TexasTea :)

Nice to hear you found the effect of your first Honduras x Panama up and electric, even in smaller doses. Glad the experience encouraged you to explore more plants of the line despite the overload of gardening work you have trying so many of our strains :huggg:
Your support and contributions are greatly appreciated!

This stuff is electric if taken early. Definitely up and energetic with just one toke.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos, friend :wave:

With such variety of Honduras x Panama plants you are growing this outdoor season i think you will really have the chance to experience different interesting phenos and find the one or ones that suits better your taste and climate. You are right, both Honduras, Panama and this hybrid between both produce trouble free vigorous plants, which can handle very well the high temps, react very well to topping, clones are easy and fast to root, etc .... sweet, floral, citrus/lemony, geranium, woody and incense are typical aromas you can find in the hybrid .... the one you have started to flower indoors gets me intrigued with your description of her camphor aromas ... maybe is the fermented menthol of the Panama ?

The Honduras/Panama x Oldtimer's Haze hybrid you have in mind sounds like music to my ears :) i would make sure to have clones of all the different Honduras x Panama mothers and wait until their end of cycle to decide through smoking tests which is your real favorite and best candidate for outcrosses. Wish you and your family are doing great and that your garden is flourishing! :huggg:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice lady ColaCalyx :)

Her thin structure reminds me more Honduras than Panama, glad she is already forming lots of budsites ;) Best wishes for the rest of her flowering!

Here's my H×P, she has always had a strong smell. I bent her top over to slow down her height a little. Dont really want the top going over the fence. Her stems are super hollow. Really nice open structure, the light penetrates her very easily. Forming lots of budsites!

SolarLogos

Here is one of my HxP. She is in flower and I've stopped tucking her tops under the net for the past 2 weeks. Pictures are deceiving, but she measures 65" (165cm) average canopy height and 7' (213cm) in diameter. I expect a decent yield from her and a lot of tops.

I have some HxP clones in the flower room, with a few weeks left, pictures to come tonight when the lights go on. The interesting thing about the clones is, two of them smell of eucalyptus. To be sure, I took out a bottle of eucalyptus essential oil to compare and its pretty much spot on, with the exception of a sweet lemony scent in the background. The smell is also very strong, you don't need to get very close to have a full whiff.

We are at 12 hours 55 minutes of daylight today.
Temperatures have been 95F-100F the past couple weeks, well, all of summer really.
This girl doesn't need to feed, there is still plenty in the soil. The one's in the pot are taking about 1850 ppm liquid organic grow and bloom formula mixed daily.
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Wow that girl will be a sight to behold in full flower.
I wish I could grow this strain outside like yours it would be a dream come true your a lucky son of a gun my friend

SolarLogos

Hi SolarLogos, friend

With such variety of Honduras x Panama plants you are growing this outdoor season i think you will really have the chance to experience different interesting phenos and find the one or ones that suits better your taste and climate. You are right, both Honduras, Panama and this hybrid between both produce trouble free vigorous plants, which can handle very well the high temps, react very well to topping, clones are easy and fast to root, etc .... sweet, floral, citrus/lemony, geranium, woody and incense are typical aromas you can find in the hybrid .... the one you have started to flower indoors gets me intrigued with your description of her camphor aromas ... maybe is the fermented menthol of the Panama ?

The Honduras/Panama x Oldtimer's Haze hybrid you have in mind sounds like music to my ears i would make sure to have clones of all the different Honduras x Panama mothers and wait until their end of cycle to decide through smoking tests which is your real favorite and best candidate for outcrosses. Wish you and your family are doing great and that your garden is flourishing! :huggg:
Greetings my friend, so good to hear from you.

Here are the two HxP that are well into flower:
HxP-2

She really has the eucalyptus smell, but there is a volatile fuel smell to her that makes her seem dangerous. Very strong and pungent odor.
HP-4

HxP-4 is a couple of weeks behind HxP-2. After reading your post Dubi, I went out to photograph these and analyze their terpenes again. HxP-4 smells a lot like camphor, but its is actually a fermented lemon,menthol and mint like you mentioned. I have to say Dubi, I'm truly amazed by your knowledge of these plants. I would have never guessed the close likeness of fermented lemon, menthol and mint would have with eucalyptus/camphor. It will be interesting to see if she evolves towards a eucalyptus smell like HxP-2 or stays this way. It's also interesting the consistency of flower and terpene between HxP-2 and 4, because HP2 is more columnar (Honduran) with big Panama leaves. HP4 looked like the one I have outdoors under the net, compact, shorter internode spacing, smaller leaves. They don't even look related.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

HxP 1, 2

HxP 1, 2

These girls are beasts, the girl on the right measures 8'1" (2.44 meters) tall from the top of the pot! They are both in 15 gallon (57 Liter) smartpots and the pots are not big enough. As a result, both have been yellowing their leaves for a few weeks and I've tried everything, regular amounts of iron/zinc help and lots of daily feeding with a bit more nitrogen added. I don't touch the yellow leaves, just let them go into senescence. If the yellow leaves haven't withered and dried yet, I figure the plant is still feeding off of the leaf, so I leave them. If anyone plans to grow this hybrid outdoors, 15 gallon pots are too small, imho.

HxP2 on the left (her clone posted above in flower) and HxP1 on right:

They are in early flower, defining their bud sites and preparing to put on Arnold Schwarzenegger arms (I hope!).

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Purple Honduras x Panama

Purple Honduras x Panama

Hi Tangwena friend :huggg:

I'm the one who cannot thank you enough for your enthusiasm growing our genetics, and for keep us updated with your frequent updates here in our room :)

The flowers of your Honduras x Panama feminized have produced the classic big fatty buds and the explosive pistils formation from the Panama Goddess mother (although not as dense, which is desirable to avoid botrytis), and the purple pigmentation in the ovaries are also a sign of the influence coming from the purple Honduras mother. Hope the Honduras makes the effect even brighter and more uplifting than straight Panama, that was one of the goals with this hybrid.

I'm also curious to know your opinion between the regular version of the hybrid you grew before, compared with this feminized one you have just harvested ...
as you have experienced both versions from first hand experience.

Wish you also have enjoyed your well deserved holidays during the past week sir! :tiphat:
Hi Dubi man you guys pulled a rabbit out of the hat with this cross I cant wait to pop some more.
I had 2 phenos one as you pointed out very Panama leaning real caviar smells of heaven with a crazy trippy high which I love already only 2 weeks aged.
The other I had to pull early as I could not leave it unattended for a month.
It reminds me of Colombian I have seen recently.
I had to cut it about a week after this pics were taken half way through the second phase of flowering.

The thing thats blown me away even after only 2 weeks aging in the cobs is the power.
The smell and taste is very chemical like a pine disinfectant but its not pine but that same strong type of smell.
the high makes your eyes bulge its like a shot of speed mixed with ecstacy.
I can only describe highs by comparing them to highs I have experienced I'm sorry.
I chewed about 0.35 grams at 8am this morning and took off like a rocket I love it.
Had the music cranked up to the max. Lifted and relaid some paving.
Went to the beach fishing came home eat dinner and then went out to the jetty in a howling gale and caught 3 squid, now I'm still looking for stuff to do and its 9pm!
As much as I love the Panama leaning cobs lucky I have 3 of these because I want this pheno again badly ha ha.

But I have committed myself no promised myself to grow more Malawi x Ethiopia regs.

I have plenty of these PH x P cobs and much as I want explore them more i also want to explore the M x E as I have none left everybody wanted some and I ran out.

I cant thank you enough for introducing me to these 2 strains.
I dont need anything else these 2 have every effect I have ever wanted the highs are all mind blowing the smells like sweet perfumes there is nothing better in my experience.
If there is EVER anything I can do to repay you you have only to ask my friend what you have given me is priceless to me.

picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
I'm with you Tangy! Love this one. And I can't wait to try E x Malawi to....
I'm so fucked up right now but still have serious amounts of energy on tap its a real trip in the best sativa sense of the word.
The E x M is also loosing control gear in the best way you can imagine and when I chew that gear my imagination is in top gear ha ha nothing not to love about these two set for life brother.

ODNTrick

Hi all, this is my first post. I’m not a very experienced grower. This is an HxP I started late July hoping to get pollen to freeze until next year to backcross over an HxP feminized. I was happy to see male preflowers a few weeks back. As the plant started to bloom though I thought I was seeing pistoles forming. Now it’s looking more like a pure male which is what I want. I hope an experienced grower can verify that it is indeed male and not some weird germ. Thanks in advance and thanks for the great inspiration to grow these seeds.
https://imgur.com/gallery/91ioDcu

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
This plant is a little different than the last one I ran. It does look similar, but this one has more woody, incense, cedar and earthy notes to the aroma. It is faintly sweet as well.

The colas are immense, and they are reflowering vigorously although they are definitely ripening very nicely. Trichomes are still clear, but many are starting to cloud up a bit. Hint of amber on just a couple of trichs here and there. I will take her down in a week or two, probably a few branches at a time over a week or so.

I did sample a couple of popcorn buds this week and I'm delighted to report that the smoke is as sweet as my first plant which I have been enjoying all summer. Hands down, this was my favorite smoke this summer and a couple of friends agreed with me. Just an outstanding plant in every way, and I am stoked to have a vigorous cutting in veg right now. For once I intend to keep a mom of something going and I can't think of a better strain than this one. I do have plenty of seeds too though in case it doesn't work out.