What's new

True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

old_thrashbarg

Hey man, I posted some followup messages about the replies concerning lot numbers. I don't think they're being completely honest with you. It just doesn't fly with me that a lot number would have eight numerical values, and a sub-lot of it would have eight numerical values as well. They also never responded about the third lot number.

I'm all over the reddit thread.

Frankly, you have someone with significant credibility saying they've toured a facility and appears they put themselves under considerable scrutiny.

As for not responding directly to the "lot number" BS, they likely just listened to a PR agent and didn't directly interact with the troll.
LOL sure. Someone (future) who has financial and personal ties to TT is more trusted?

Hey man, I posted some followup messages about the replies concerning lot numbers. I don't think they're being completely honest with you. It just doesn't fly with me that a lot number would have eight numerical values, and a sub-lot of it would have eight numerical values as well. They also never responded about the third lot number.
Agreed. Thanks.

The lot numbers are a date then the batch, I'll get more info about exactly how the numbering system works.

I have a bottle from one of their first batches of viscosity, but its open. Other than that idk how I would test from then, other than the fact that they are still working through product from the OPs batch.

Also, I filed an official complaint with TT which opens up an entire audit process with them. Part of their QA/QC program. Don't worry about my personal info on there, it's all readily available on my forum as well.

Oops. See attachment

Attachments

• signal-2019-03-20-155438.jpg
    signal-2019-03-20-155438.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 19
LOL sure. Someone (future) who has financial and personal ties to TT is more trusted?

I have professional and personal ties with TT, I have zero financial ties. They are affiliated members of the GLG, and offer discounts to regular members. They are held to a higher standard of service and goods for standard GLG members, which is why I have been so involved in this.

If I found out they were putting mineral oil in their products and lying about it, they would get booted from the gang and publicly roasted

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Ninja, something I don't agree with is all tests going to same Dr at same lab. Just so no one will think you and the good doctor are in cahoots.
Just a thought

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They have regular FDA inspections and run a fully compliant, and accountable facility.

Here's a copy of their FDA registration.

Literally on the "certificate":

"This certificate does not denote endorsement or approval of certificate holder's facility or product by the U.S. food and Drug Administration. Liberty Management Group Ltd. assumes no liability to any persons or entity in connection with the foregoing.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration does not issue a certificate of registration, nor does the U.S. Food and Drug Administration recognize a certificate of registration. Liberty Management Group Ltd. is not affiliated with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration."

There is a typo on the "certificate" in their disclaimer and that certificate IS NOT a "copy of their FDA registration" - as the certificate is very clear in stating the FDA does not issue nor recognize any such piece of paper.

Perhaps I'm focusing on semantics and it's a moot point to you - but, this seems to be a situation where it is of the utmost importance to be specific.

dank.Frank

This is something Im going to post at F4200 but I have to wait an hour before I can post again but I think its so important I am posting here now:

Future said:
https://future4200.com/t/true-terpenes/12544/97

I posted my first batch of test results, refuting your claims, and have submitted samples to an additional lab for verification. All samples were anonymously acquired from various locations.
I agree with @MagisterChemist and this thread should chill until 3rd party test results come back. Ill wait till then because I HOPE Im wrong. I will wait Gray Wolf and Old Gold test results and consider any other less valid (unless by other 3rd parties).

BUT I have to call you out Future. You clearly claimed the test results you posted where done by YOU, from an ANONYMOUS buy. Its only after I dragged it out of you that you admitted the results are actually from TT! It turns out TT sent in something TT claims to magically be from the same batch as two different lots of Viscosity I purchased. Even though they conveniently ignore the 3rd lot I purchased.

So in fact you had nothing to do with the the testing but you claimed it was all you and done anonymously.

Dude. Duuude. DUUUUUUDE! Really? Come on now. Do you want ANY credibility at all? You mislead your readers at the minimum, but I would call that a flat out lie. And that's a bad lie to get caught in my man. It just shows your in cahoots with TT.

If Im write about TT and Viscosity you are taking part in the coverup. You deserve all your just rewards if thats the case.

I already downloaded a PDF version of the whole thread after busting you so please dont bother scurbbing your site now.

Last edited:
Ninja, something I don't agree with is all tests going to same Dr at same lab. Just so no one will think you and the good doctor are in cahoots.
Just a thought
They arent. I used a different labs for each lot. Three different lots to three different labs.

The first lab I thought was wrong when they said mineral oil. Some type of iso-paraffin synthetic mineral oil from petroleum (crude oil). So I sent a new sample from a new batch to one of the best essential oil and terp labs in the world, Essential Oil University by Dr. Robert Pappas.

When Essential Oil University also found mineral oil but no terps I was astounded to say the least. And because I wanted more than a 50/50 chance of some problem in TTs supply chain or TT just being evil I got a third test at a third lab from a third lot of Viscosity.

The third lab also found mineral oil and no terps. A smart guy at F4200 MagisterChemist makes the point that it may not be actual mineral oil but if not that doesn't mean its any bettter for you. He also wrote the test from Dr. Pappas is clearly mineral oil of some type. The 3rd lab went to the store and bought food grade mineral oil and ran it in the GC. They said the chromatogram from Vicosity and mineral oil match.

I'm not saying Viscosity is only mineral oil but I am saying three labs tests of three different lots at three different labs all found the same thing: mineral oil and no terps, along with a blend of some heavy nonvolatile and nonaromatic material.

From TTs stament they are saying its pure squalane and nothing else. And Future says they just get drums of the stuff and pump out what they need, charging $6K per gallon. It could be that squalane is the "blend of some heavy nonvolatile and nonaromatic material" or it could be some other terp or compound.

I asked the 3rd lab about pristane in Viscosity and G.O. Joe makes the great point that if its pristane we may know from effects of vaping. Heres what the lab said:
Not that we could identify, could have been buried by the hump though.
I also asked the 2nd and 3rd labs if they found squalene and they said no, none. And here’s what the 3rd lab said when I asked if they found any signs of squalane or phytol:
No the only identifiable things we found were the mineral oil humps. There didn’t appear to be anything else in there.
The fourth lab I'm sending a sample to will be a petroleum distllate lab so they can identify more peaks and say if its natural mineral oil like substances or synthetic mineral oil.

Literally on the "certificate":

"This certificate does not denote endorsement or approval of certificate holder's facility or product by the U.S. food and Drug Administration. Liberty Management Group Ltd. assumes no liability to any persons or entity in connection with the foregoing.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration does not issue a certificate of registration, nor does the U.S. Food and Drug Administration recognize a certificate of registration. Liberty Management Group Ltd. is not affiliated with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration."

There is a typo on the "certificate" in their disclaimer and that certificate IS NOT a "copy of their FDA registration" - as the certificate is very clear in stating the FDA does not issue nor recognize any such piece of paper.

Perhaps I'm focusing on semantics and it's a moot point to you - but, this seems to be a situation where it is of the utmost importance to be specific.

dank.Frank
Eagle eye Frank. lOL

I keep saying TT and now Future are using the acronyms FDA and GMP as smoke screens and distractions.

This is something Im going to post at F4200 but I have to wait an hour before I can post again but I think its so important I am posting here now:

I agree with @MagisterChemist and this thread should chill until 3rd party test results come back. Ill wait till then because I HOPE Im wrong. I will wait Gray Wolf and Old Gold test results and consider any other less valid (unless by other 3rd parties).

BUT I have to call you out Future. You clearly claimed the test results you posted where done by YOU, from an ANONYMOUS buy. Its only after I dragged it out of you that you admitted the results are actually from TT! It turns out TT sent in something TT claims to magically be from the same batch as two different lots of Viscosity I purchased. Even though they conveniently ignore the 3rd lot I purchased.

So in fact you had nothing to do with the the testing but you claimed it was all you and done anonymously.

Dude. Duuude. DUUUUUUDE! Really? Come on now. Do you want ANY credibility at all? You mislead your readers at the minimum, but I would call that a flat out lie. And that's a bad lie to get caught in my man. It just shows your in cahoots with TT.

If Im write about TT and Viscosity you are taking part in the coverup. You deserve all your just rewards if thats the case.

I already downloaded a PDF version of the whole thread after busting you so please dont bother scurbbing your site now.

I apologise for not being as clear as possible, so I'll say it the exact same way again but step by step.

The samples I had my friend order completely unconnected to me, which today he over nighted to BioScreen Testing Services in Torrance, CA. Are being run GC for a comparison against mineral oil.

Multiple times I have stated that I have not yet had my anonymous samples tested.

The results I posted were given to me, from TT when I visited their facility, to present as their baseline is for their product.

If my first round of anonymous testing confirms or denies one claim or the other we will go from there.

Again, sorry for the confusion. Any affiliated GLG company found unequivocally to be blatantly lying to the consumer, the community, and especially GLG members, wil be kicked out of the club and publicly denounced.

THEN:

Future said:
https://future4200.com/t/true-terpenes/12544/97

I posted my first batch of test results, refuting your claims, and have submitted samples to an additional lab for verification. All samples were anonymously acquired from various locations.

NOW:
I apologise for not being as clear as possible, so I'll say it the exact same way again but step by step.
Yah HARD PASS. You got caught lying and now your tyring to put your finger in the damn.

Dont even try. You cant explain this one away.

I dont even have to admonish you because im sure everyone else will anyway. SHAME ON YOU. If people get sick from using Viscosity thats on you now too.

Last edited:
The fourth lab I'm sending a sample to will be a petroleum distllate lab so they can identify more peaks and say if its natural mineral oil like substances or synthetic mineral oil.

Which batch number are you using for this?

Also, what is the name of that lab and should I also send anonymous samples there?

Yah HARD PASS. You got caught lying and now your tyring to put your finger in the damn.

Dont even try. You cant explain this one away.

I dont even have to admonish you because im sure everyone else will anyway. SHAME ON YOU. If people get sick from using Viscosity thats on you now too.

I'm not lying. I'm doing my best to have a civil conversation over an ineffective text based conversation while also juggling real life. I have admitted that I did a poor job of being long windedly, sore thumbd in my responses.

If you'd calm down for even a second you would see that those test results are addressed to True Terpenes in the header, accompanied by the anresco reference number: 320190251 which will easily connect them to the results.

I was explicitly clear that I was going to their facility today to look around. Get some data. Take some pictures. That's exactly what I did. And I was blown the fuck away honestly, one of the tightest fucking ships I've ever seen afloat. Their compliance lady is next level.

I'm going to have to modify my spam settings if I find you over on my forum trying to flame me.

Which batch number are you using for this?

Also, what is the name of that lab and should I also send anonymous samples there?
I will share the batch number at the appropriate time. I'm mnot about to get doxxed.

Im still looking for a good lab. I have reached out to some people who know where to send me. When I find out I will let you know. Yes I think hyou should have Dr. Pappas do the essential oil and terp part and have a petroleum distillate lab do the mineral oil part.

What you said doesnt equal what you wanted us to hear

Attached is the first thing you asked about the results I posted, also attached is my response.

Which was,

"No, the results I posted are from TT internal testing, following up on your claims that the batch was contaminated. SOP for them.

My completely anonymous samples were delivered to my friend yesterday, and were overnighted to a separate lab today."

Now I'm curious about who your "us" is. I didn't realise you spoke for everyone here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190320-191842.jpg
    Screenshot_20190320-191842.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20190320-191852.jpg
    Screenshot_20190320-191852.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 14
I will share the batch number at the appropriate time. I'm mnot about to get doxxed.

Im still looking for a good lab. I have reached out to some people who know where to send me. When I find out I will let you know. Yes I think hyou should have Dr. Pappas do the essential oil and terp part and have a petroleum distillate lab do the mineral oil part.

I would gladly share mine in good faith.

Forward me his number as you suggested and I will text him. The world changes quick, email is dead

I can safely say that most people here are the us. Obviously.

Dude just stop. Ill share a good lab with you if I find one but other than that just stop because Im going on a well deserved vacation until I hear back from Gray Wolf and Old Gold.

I will try to message you his phone number and other info.