What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What does Kushy/Hashy taste mean to you?

Aksala

Just curious what you mean when you say something tastes 'kushy'?

I personally always thought it was the piney/earthy flavor you get on the exhale from certain strains but just recently I was talking to someone who said to him kushy was more the sweet/pungent taste that our favorite flowers sometimes have.

So..what do you mean when you say something tastes 'kushy' or 'hashy'?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It runs the gamut from cat piss taste, to sour, to pungent, smoky.

Depends on strain, how it's grown.

S

sourpuss

You need to smoke some old school afghani kush. Usually was a darker bud. Tight nugs. Very hard to describe but when you get a pure kush strain you will never forget the taste. Many kush crosses that bear that kushyness.. like acrid says those crosses will be very diverse but still have a kushy flav if the breeding was done right. Kush has an instantaneous head high unlike a lot of strains. Thats def a trait of kush. Instant heady Ness followed by the usual effects....

After afghani id say its the hindu u wanna get. If you cant get the afghani to try get some hindu...

St. Phatty

That I recently experienced -

Not hashy - the sweet fruity taste some Indica dom's have.

Hashy - the more refined hard-to-pin-down "whoa i like that but I can't describe it" that their Sat dom sister had.

This came after watching a neighbor harvest 2 Candyland x Apollo 11 sisters. One was Indica dom, the other the Sativa.

The Indica dom is good, but it's not what led me to sprout 6 more looking for another Sat dom.

doob

hashy is like smoking/burning some Moroccan hash bar, usually you only get the hashish taste on the exhale, lovely. Everyone loves the smell of burning hash, even my mrs who hasn't smoked anything her whole life, and she hates the usual weed smell to!

Kushy to me is earthy hash, cat piss and fruity smells dont remind me of a kush LOL

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have friend that grows Hindu Kush for a few cancer patients. He has 6 cats around....hence the cat piss aroma taste as he wants to hide unmistakable aroma of ganja indoor grow. Not saying it's a good thing, esp. grown for cancer patients, but it's just a Kush tried....as mentioned, runs the gamut of hashy, smoky tastes.

Yep, cat piss strain totally different.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Imo, kushy and hashy are very different.

Kushy is a refreshing, sweet but still earthy, piney kinda aroma. Sometimes citrus, sometimes fuel/gas/chemical ime.

Hashy is a very specific aroma you get from burning trich heads. Smells kinda oily, even chemically. Reminds me of these weird oil crayons we used to use in arts and crafts class as a child.

Maybe the chemical-iness is the commonality between the 2.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Hashy to me is as stated before like burned morrocan hash smell & kushy (to me) is more earthy, coffee/rich soil/humus shroom type smell like some pure Affies does...

But sure you can get many flavors mixed with the kushy taste, as skunk, spice, burnt rubber & all other kind of "disgusting" terps are in the pool... i love em all ! :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Kushy and hashy are two different descriptors. Like others have been consistently saying already, hashy means it tastes like pure hash, or trichrome heads. It's a specific taste, hard to describe in words, but instantly recognizable if you've ever burned hash or kif. Kushy, on the other hand, is sort of a spicy, pungent, fuelly kind of taste. But not really like fuel like Chem or Diesel strains... Maybe more of a turpentine or other kind of distilled spirit. I don't know I've never tasted actual fuels before, lol. Again, hard to put in words, but once you've smoked more than one strain that has Kush genetics in it, you can easily detect and identify it because it carries across all the crosses.

But one thing is for sure... Kushy and hashy are different things.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My take...

Hashy is earthy to spicy like smoking fine pressed hashish.

Kushy, and I could be way off, has that indescribable flavor... i think it's more the way it coats your mouth with a somewhat effervescent complex flavor.

Nuances in both run the gammut, flavor wise.

Latest posts

Latest posts