What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

funkyhorse

Gday Tangwena
I just opened one brick after a little over 4 months winter cure to see how things go and what to do, if these girls I harvest as bud or as brick
They are all the same cut, a home made Thai Haze
This is last run of this cut and it will be the first time I will harvest something knowing if I prefer to make it brick or cure as bud. Winter run. Tangwena, you can grow all year in a GH no problem, same as me. If you cover your GH with white mesh nobody knows what you are growing.
Thai haze (27).jpeg
Thai haze (28).jpeg
Thai haze (29).jpeg

This is Thai Haze banana bark brick with over 4 months winter curing on the GH
Thai haze brick.jpeg
Thai haze brick (1).jpeg
Thai haze brick (2).jpeg
Thai haze brick (3).jpeg

This is Thai Haze brick and bud with the same curing time for comparison
Thai haze brick and cured thai haze bud.jpeg

Have a nice weekend everybody

Tangwena

Veteran
Gday Tangwena
I just opened one brick after a little over 4 months winter cure to see how things go and what to do, if these girls I harvest as bud or as brick
They are all the same cut, a home made Thai Haze
This is last run of this cut and it will be the first time I will harvest something knowing if I prefer to make it brick or cure as bud. Winter run. Tangwena, you can grow all year in a GH no problem, same as me. If you cover your GH with white mesh nobody knows what you are growing.
View attachment 18894247 View attachment 18894248 View attachment 18894249
This is Thai Haze banana bark brick with over 4 months winter curing on the GH
View attachment 18894250 View attachment 18894251 View attachment 18894252 View attachment 18894253
This is Thai Haze brick and bud with the same curing time for comparison
View attachment 18894254
Have a nice weekend everybody
That looks like a nice cure I bet it smokes good.

WIIIDZN

I have no idea why this is so hyped. Can someone give me a basic course?
In our case, this only happened once when the harvest wasn't ripe. Do you find this look really appealing?
I have some crops these days and also a vacuum sealer, but I have no idea why you should do that?

Sorry for the ignorance.

Rastafarout

Premium user
420giveaway
In our case, this only happened once when the harvest wasn't ripe. Do you find this look really appealing?
I have some crops these days and also a vacuum sealer, but I have no idea why you should do that?

Sorry for the ignorance.
It’s all about the high …..try it and then report back 😎

Tangwena

Veteran

Sorry for the ignorance.
Flowers are just the raw product my friend its like grapes and wine.
Some like grapes others want more so they make wine.
As for less appealing its all about experience, where I grew up nobody ever saw a flower in fact I never heard of people smoking flowers until I left Africa.

The high if done correctly is different to raw dried flowers, again its all about experience. I prefer the high of cured compressed flowers to dried flowers.
You and many many others have no idea what you are missing.

But to each his own.

Tangwena

Veteran
Yesterday I chucked half a dozen cobs out that didn't meet my selection criteria and found a gem from a couple of years ago Panama x Honduras WoW!
Serious lift off got me up and away strong euphoria just what I needed.
Let me see the beauty in my life big time.
I'm going to get seriously fucked up on it tomorrow and see what it has to offer ha ha.
Once you have a nice collection of aged cobs as some of us will know, you are continually coming across these gems in your stash.
Got to be a couple of years old but terpy and tasty and now I know potent as well.

funkyhorse

^^^^^^^ :) looks delicious
It depends how you use it. I never chewed in my life. I learnt to get the chewing high from hash, I am curious about this. I have some bricks to try and want to chew the best brick

For vaping the bud is tastier and nicer
For smoking the brick rules big time. It burns smooth like a cigarette. It also hits a little more than the bud

The spliff dont drip oil. I miss those ones. The best highs I got from brick spliff was weed that was running oil while you burn it and I had such weed not so long ago. So far I didnt find weed like that from the canna world

This brick is different than the ones made with a press. Not so compact but clearly cures different
My neighbours are all brick lovers, this is a brick culture at this part of the world. I will ask them what they think of it
For humid environments this cure is excellent. Simple and easy. Dont need to look after it at all. The brick is dry and moldless. I hope I can find some oily sticky bricks. The banana bark is a great tool

ProfessorLefty

Sorry for the ignorance.
In my case, it’s mostly because I’m looking for something like the kind of weed we used to get in the late 80’s and early 90’s—mostly tropical landrace sativas with a zippy psychedelic high

I’ve been somewhat disappointed with dispensary weed in my state—it’s strong, but it’s usually dry and harsh, and more often than not it punches me in the lungs with pine-sol or lemon pledge, and then I’m glued to the couch for two hours in a stupor

So far my cobs are smooth-smoking (though I’ve been converted to mostly chewing, lol), psychedelic/uplifting, and have a more complex flavor (hashy/balsamic) when compared to the same flower cured conventionally

Another bonus is that the cobs don’t dry out and lose flavor after a few months like conventionally cured flower—I think Hombre & Tangwena have some that have been curing for well over a year

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
In my case, it’s mostly because I’m looking for something like the kind of weed we used to get in the late 80’s and early 90’s—mostly tropical landrace sativas with a zippy psychedelic high

I’ve been somewhat disappointed with dispensary weed in my state—it’s strong, but it’s usually dry and harsh, and more often than not it punches me in the lungs with pine-sol or lemon pledge, and then I’m glued to the couch for two hours in a stupor

So far my cobs are smooth-smoking (though I’ve been converted to mostly chewing, lol), psychedelic/uplifting, and have a more complex flavor (hashy/balsamic) when compared to the same flower cured conventionally

Another bonus is that the cobs don’t dry out and lose flavor after a few months like conventionally cured flower—I think Hombre & Tangwena have some that have been curing for well over a year

Couldn't have put it better brother!

CDNINCA

As Hombre said, well put! I agree completely with every point you made - wish I had written that myself! And, that last point... it's a bonus to this amazing process in my opinion, a much better way to reduce the number of jars and space they take up, all while preserving the goodness in a much more refined state! :)

Tangwena

Veteran
Thx dudes... i´ll try this in a small package.

What ya think is minimum to vacuum seal?
Try an ounce the basic recipe is at the start of this thread, as you get better you will make your own recipe that reflects your own personal tastes.
Its an art form that people who grow their own catch on to very quickly if you love your plants this is a natural extension.

mountainoutlaw

Mountian Outlaw Cobbs
Started with 2 big handfuls of choice fresh buds....maybe 4 days in dry. Four different strains. White widow, white widow x haze, badazz og cheese and Special Queen.

IMG_20230923_140033382.jpg

IMG_20230923_133840245.jpg

Rolled and folded many times in a sheet of thick plastic,
Also lightly sprayed a mist of sugar water as I worked it, anything to help sweat and fermentation, as I believe cobbs are NOT comparable to "brick weed". Brick weed is just ready for market marijuana that was compressed as tightly as possible in order to maximize cargo space. Its easier to traffic 100 pounds in the shape and size of three large briefcases than it is 5 large watermelon crates.

Cobbing I think is unique in 2 main factors.
1. Its sealed and sweated...meaning, there is a heatsource during the process..which changes texture and chlorphyl and terpine breakdowns,

2. Maybe some fermentation actually occurs and settles as the flower hardens creates unique qualities

Its as if its a whole unique cure in itself.

Now after misted I dumped kif and trichs all on it and tucked each hunk into fresh corn leaves
IMG_20230923_134401692.jpg

IMG_20230924_155146618_HDR.jpg

Vacuum sealed and used zip ties for a really tight hold. Maybe 3 layers corn leaves and placed inside grill that stays in sun....
IMG_20230924_155155254_HDR.jpg

Stays 125 ish during day...maybe 50s at night.

Not worried about it drying out as moisture cant escape....going to let it grill for a while before i figure how im going to cure it out....

When you guys are curing these are you taking out of plastic and curing in leafs?

Will update!
Gonna make a few more with hash and flower.

Last edited:

ost

It depends how you use it. I never chewed in my life. I learnt to get the chewing high from hash, I am curious about this. I have some bricks to try and want to chew the best brick

For vaping the bud is tastier and nicer
For smoking the brick rules big time. It burns smooth like a cigarette. It also hits a little more than the bud

The spliff dont drip oil. I miss those ones. The best highs I got from brick spliff was weed that was running oil while you burn it and I had such weed not so long ago. So far I didnt find weed like that from the canna world

This brick is different than the ones made with a press. Not so compact but clearly cures different
My neighbours are all brick lovers, this is a brick culture at this part of the world. I will ask them what they think of it
For humid environments this cure is excellent. Simple and easy. Dont need to look after it at all. The brick is dry and moldless. I hope I can find some oily sticky bricks. The banana bark is a great tool
at what age is the banana tree you are skinning for the bark ,don't grow wild around these parts might need to skin the neighbors trees ,has 10 of them
Couldn't have put it better brother!
being in a non smokeable state this is working great for me, as i wait for things to age it is killing me ,excited new years is open date for my smallest cob it will be pushing 9 months. really like the easly consealment of cobbs plus the volume is way less win, win, win ! and it's getin better with age seeing as i'am new to this you people are a wealth of info and teaching, thanks to everyone who has put up with my old thick skull!

Tangwena

Veteran
Bloody hell as the pomms used to say as their off stump cartwheeled away ha ha.
This Panama x Honduras cob is unreal, crystal crystal clear with a tripped out energy rushing through my body and mind WOW!
I had better get the other cobs from this batch out of the compost tumbler now ha ha.
I haven't been making many sound choices since I got back from testing the Mulanje cobs ha ha.

Heres some pics of the crazy buds, shit this feels like going up on blotter ha ha.

img_3177-web.jpg
img_3178-web.jpg

Totally unexpected and so much better than the last time I tested them a year ago.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
This Panama x Honduras cob is unreal, crystal crystal clear with a tripped out energy rushing through my body and mind WOW!
I had better get the other cobs from this batch out of the compost tumbler now ha ha.
I haven't been making many sound choices since I got back from testing the Mulanje cobs ha ha.

Heres some pics of the crazy buds, shit this feels like going up on blotter ha ha.

View attachment 18894832 View attachment 18894833

Totally unexpected and so much better than the last time I tested them a year ago.
Those pics look juuusst like the old photos of "Black Magic African" from old NAVY guys.
Way to solve that decades old riddle. Thank you

CDNINCA

View attachment 18894832 View attachment 18894833

Dang, haven't even read the other comments on this post but had to say that you had me cracking up! It's so great to hear that they work for you brother! :) Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts