What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hkj

b5JY4O6.jpg

hello, first timer here.

if all goes well, this thread will demonstrate not only med-mans genetic quality, but also his boosters and methods.

seedlings shown up top are west coast sour diesel aka kerosene kush.
of the five pictured, four showed the most vigor, were transplanted into a 3" rw cube, and have been moved into a room with a 400 watt mh.

the plan from here is to get these groomed to become my mother/s. clones from these moms will then go to my flower room with a 4x8 med-man table with 3 600 watt air cooled hoods.

i will be using the following:

ro water
cns17 grow
med-mans kick, bloom, swell and cannabolic stacker
sm90
food grade h2o2

this will be my first attempted at anything hydroponics. never have i used rockwool, sowed a seed, or groomed a mother. i have cloned a handful of times and have only a few complete harvests to date. majority of my knowledge has come from people like med-man, open forums communities, and books.

grab a seat and wish me luck gentlemen.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
sweet hkj!

you should check my thread out, i'm a first time med man hydro guy myself. link is in the sig!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Be careful of over watering at this stage

I highly recommend using an eye dropper and/or a spray bottle

hkj

yo wooly! ive been watching your thread from the begining. not many hydro med-man journals out there heh.

hey petflora, i dipped my seedling cubes in solution and let it wick about 3/4 up the bottom by hand when they feel light.. ill try with an eye dropper next time. thanks for the tip!

2ARqG9G.jpg

~10 days from seed.. started feeding .2 ec calmag, .6 ec grow, .03g stacker and 1.6ml h2o2/l today.. i am not sure what happened to the tips of the two on the left as i gave them nothing but ro water up until today..

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi hkj

i would go to 0.1ec cal
0.3 ec base nutes

i would say things could be a tad hot for the size they are at

i mean i veg full grown plants in my tables as low as 0.5 ec so?

looking forward to seeing these get big

med-man

hkj

hey mm, thanks for dropping by.

ill have to flush them and readjust my nute ratios.. thank you for the suggestion :)

i wish i could do something about the humidity being so low.. it is what it is i suppose. here they are today chugging along..

82liUdB.jpg

hkj

had some ph and ec issues earlier in the month, they should be corrected now. they have bounced back!

one of the four has showed sex and its a girl! it may be too early to tell, but her stalks smell pretty cheesey and.. smokey? very intoxicating.. hope it comes through with the buds :)
ive been rubbing her stalks gently ever since she has been transplanted because of the odor lol. also, her stalk is pretty woody at this point and has been topped last week. here she is!

6m1HO59.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sweet hkj

topping plants is a great way to get pre flowers!

nice one. keep messaging them. do the whole plant.

med-man

hkj

nothing much to report. still waiting to determine the sex of 3 of the 4 seedlings.

here is a picture of the main stalk on a seedling that is really vigorous. i have been messaging the entire plant 1 to 2 times a day.. gentle twisting and bending of stems.

UjnUPHN.jpg

hkj

a bit of an update on the room..

lihj4e3.jpg

these are not wcsd clones. these girls were gifted to me so i can dial in the environment before the wcsd are moved here. these ladies were sorta beat up and were nursed back. not the best specimen but they will do. they have been pre-vegged in their net pots for about 3 weeks under an hps before ending up here.

W27YUT9.jpg

about 4-5 days in, they started to gear up. roots emerged and are making their way down to the bottom of the table. started bending and twisting the main stem, also gently bending limbs. 0.5ec, 6.0ph

WZXmqN7.jpg

after a 48hr flush, day 13 in the tables. 5.6ph, 0.8ec

ladies are fairly squat, lush and beefy. the messages that medman recommends seems to be get the plants to bulk up significantly. some limbs even look like little biceps lol. internode spacing is also very compact. the growth rate isnt as vigorous as i would hope, but im not complaining as they almost doubled in mass in 4 days.

hkj

dVb0qcp.jpg

here they are another 5-6 days in.. getting flushed and about to get the 36hr shock flower treatment. 0.8ec sitting at 5.8pH.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing

Let's hope you flip these soon. I prob would have right after the last update before this one

Looks dope bro!

med-man

hkj

Thanks for sharing

Let's hope you flip these soon. I prob would have right after the last update before this one

Looks dope bro!

med-man

yea i was going to flip them earlier, but gave them another week because they were loving it! they literally doubled in size.. again!

i just want to let everybody know that med-man and i have been exchanging emails since day 1. he has helped me tremendously with my questions and has been very patient. being my first hydroponic grow, i had tons of little questions that over the past few months probably amounted to about 40-50 emails easy lol! he has answered every question and has given me feedback. i owe it to him that i am this far along.

thank you again thaddeus!

hkj

wqZyD5h.jpg

here we are at day 7 bloom in the middle of a 48hr flush. the ph seems to be dropping.. no idea why; otherwise they look great, and are growing exponentially.

Spfo7Pi.jpg

check out the cosmic chi!

the res has a total of 3 pumps. the main pump is a 750gph magdrive, then theres a 235gph pump for the chiller, and finally a 950gph magdrive to keep the res moving.

hkj

nyeQB2F.jpg

this girl is looking mighty fine. roughly 15" at the moment.. she is directly below both hps and mh lighting and is my fav girl currently in the tables. flower clusters are already forming, and nodes are densely packed. the person i got the clones from doesnt believe i am growing the same clone he gave me lol. he commented that he never seen it this compact in the 3-4yrs he has had this particular clone.

they are currently at 1.0 ec. i am going to let the ec drift up a bit this week since ive been noticing them drinking and eating a ton.

1Hsfjer.jpg

roots at ~2wks of bloom. nothing compared to the root mass in medmans youtube videos, but she is doing very well.

next update will probably be a before and after a shock prune.. stay tuned :)