What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how did you meet the love of your life ?

dddaver

Veteran
I'm not sure I ever really did. Married twice, but knocked the 1st one up, felt obligated. And then married the 2nd one mostly to help me take care of my kids ( in the military). Sex was more just that human need, more lust than making love. Kinda liked my girl-friend in high-school. But thought I needed to get out of the small town I grew up in.

I learned it really doesn't matter so much where you are. Happiness comes from within. Kinda sucks getting old and being alone now though. But at least now I can do everything exactly how I want to without having to consider the feelings anyone else. :biggrin:

Manstien

soooo..kind of related to this thread.

What made you guys stick with one girl so long? what caused the bond to last....

Went up to Seattle to see my grade school best friend 8 years ago in seattle... Met his girlfriends best friend, took her to the hempfest on the waterfront the next day and kissed her. We have not been apart since! The connection and understanding on a more intrinsic level is what made me know that this woman was meant for me. 8 years later, she goes to elk camp with me, fishs with me, helps me tend my garden all with a smile, and the most important thing is that she fits in with all my buddies!!! Love this girl!!!

MJBadger

Veteran
25yr ago I was looking through the local paper & for the first time ever checked out the dating page . One ad caught my eye so rang into this premium rate no; liked the girls voice so left my no; ( I was single at the time) . She had 15 replies to her ad but mine was the only one she replied to , it was what I said that intrigued her . Rather than go on about my looks , wealth , car cock size etc as all the other messages said I just said " Hi this is ***** ring me if you`d like to talk I think we may get on "
We talked on the phone , met up & spent hours talking & found we had so much in common , our first date I took my big Staffie x with me & they both hit it off . She had a love of animals particularly dogs , gardening , music , countryside , good cooking , sex & MJ .

What more can a guy have ? We are still together now despite my health & she is the only one I trust 100% .

b0nZai.b0b

Veteran
soooo..kind of related to this thread.

What made you guys stick with one girl so long? what caused the bond to last....

coz there r so much in with we fit together, i luv to come home and she s there, i love to sleep next to her every night - she loves so much what i love, also she gives me almost everything i can dream of - i hope i never have to split or devorce the relationship to her, atm it just becomes closer and deeper, in a beautiful, anyway free way, no force, everything u have to give up is fuck around with bitches -

for me, it´s a small problem coz when i get to horny, i just take her as i did never before, also the sex is still fantasitc, i guess every man has to deal with it that not every sexual fantasie is coming ture, but a relationship, a good one, the one that fits to u in your special way, gives u so much more than filthy sex with diffrent partners, imho.

but i also understand man who needs his free space in a single life.

for me family is an achievment which i´ll take in this life, and she is either the mum or i never have a family.

i hope my weak language skills r enough to explain what she is worth for me in my life - i would give mine for hers

I wood

Calculus class in 1987, we were both 17. Dated for about 12 years and been married 15 now.
We are about to have our fourth kid any day now.
Why are we still together? Because she hasn't left yet.

Runt

Wifey since -87, girlfriend since -81, we met through a mutual friend and hung around together for a year but she was a "good girl" so I thought nothing would come of it and tried to pull out -but she pulled me back in. Great life together, two boys and loads of memories.

paper thorn

Veteran
She was married to my best friend.

I was married.

My best friend killed himself. My wife died in an accident.

I married my best friend's widow.

Been married just over 25 years now.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we both went to the same university, lets say it was a business transaction ;)

a few months later i went to a club to watch the Aphex Twin play, which was pretty leftfield in those days, still is i guess. We danced and talked about the mirror ball in the club being a relic from a bygone era, thats when i set my sights on her. Luckily in those days i was a DJ and club promoter and that gave me the 'currency' to snag such a hot girl, who is also kind and intelligent.
By a strange mischance we actually now own that very mirror ball (a friend liberated it when the club got re-furbed), it hangs in our hallway, it is now 25 years later.

VG

gobbler3447

Another good friends wife, the second for me, first wife was met in college, 23 years she died on me. My good friend got 50 and thought he was God's gift to women, his best friends wife(not me) thought he was also, he lost his wife and I lost my best hunting buddy. Six years later I got a weekly blood test at the local hospital where my old buddies ex. worked week after week I would speak as I passed her office, one fateful Friday, she says "So, got a big weekend planned?" My reply was nope just going to New Orleans to take my daughter her jacket, You want to ride along?? 15 years ago. Just know old love is so much sweeter than young love. I tell her all the time "you know I would die for you"

blastfrompast

Veteran
Met my wife thru a friend of hers... Ended up ditching the friend and going out with my then-to-be wife...

Been having fun with her since then, married 10 yrs (20 days ago )

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
someone handed me a few joints to hide...they went to jail..i fell in love...yeehaw I am in love with mary jane....