What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

med-man method - seed popping

Med-Man's plants speak for themselves on this matter too so try to look at a photo of them and argue with it, bet ya can't!
I am going to grow his Purple Painkiller, this plant had me hooked upon seeing it.
Peace.

Ended up killing my few seedlings ran out of coco pellets and had to use peat plugs, fuck those. Threw seeds straight into coco in a cup toreplace them 36 hours later all but two are growing green and strong already.

ceosam

for the record guys: not really a fan of how medman carrise himself/the brand but I did try germinating in straight coco and I will never use rockwool/RR's again, NEVER

Beldin69

Im not taking advice from someone who cant even germ in a rapid rooter.
Homie, you keep them moist with a heatmat under them set to 80 and they sprout before you have even taken them outta your 48hr water soak
peace the fuckout
I have been enjoying this mans headband and now have added 5 more of his lines so I can speak to his quality, yours however also shows itself. You prove nothing by your ignorance and most everyone here will take his advice to be added to their own knowledge base to make a better grow. what have you added to this conversation but childishness?

Coconutz

Veteran
I have been enjoying this mans headband and now have added 5 more of his lines so I can speak to his quality, yours however also shows itself. You prove nothing by your ignorance and most everyone here will take his advice to be added to their own knowledge base to make a better grow. what have you added to this conversation but childishness?

Dude said he couldnt rock the rooters and I taught him how its done.
Nice first post by the way... Didnt contribute a damn thing

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey coconuts

Actually dude said he didn't like the results

med-man

Anyways ...........

Anyways ...........

Anyway, my first two seedlings have shown their heads. The seedling which I had used the inoculant on came up first. This seed was planted directly into the medium sitting in between two 72 watt T5 industrial fluorescent lights that I picked up really cheap, always a bonus.
The water leaves are the tiniest water leaves I have ever seen! Early days yet and I do not really care if I waste one or two beans to see if I achieve anything better then my current regime. Always aiming to improve upon everything is paramount to becoming the grower we all want to become and don't get me wrong, I am extremely satisfied with the results that I have been achieving already.
There is always more to learn, this is the fun of it all.
NOW, the seed that I put in water, the Med-Man method, went into their cup pots last night and the first one showed its head the next morning with water leaves that dwarfed the leaves on the seedling that went straight into the medium from the start.
I am waiting for lights on as I have them on a 20/4 schedule. (I don't believe in 24 hour light for germination. I like to follow the natural schedule as much as possible. I will let you all know how it goes! I am pretty excited about this pure Indica strain! :ying:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey trading

Start your own thread man

Lets see what happens :)

med-man

mtlpk

Hi med man, I'm new to this and just wanted a bit more info.
I'm about to attempt to ''pop'' your Rock Star, Silver Surfer and WSCD seeds.

-During the 48h soaking in water should there be light (sry if it's a stupid question).
-After the seed as germinated and planted into the coco, what should be the lighting schedule?
-Then after the sprouted what should be the lighting schedule?
-Also what is the best environment for all this to take place?(temp,humd..)

Thank you for the time!

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mtlpk

- light or no light is fine
- 24 hours is fine but i prefer 18/6
- follow your prefered phtoperiod
- i have found for more fems that humid, low nutrients and moderate temps work well

i find stress like heat, drought and nutes all get way more males

med-man

afroman25

Hey Med Man what do you do if after 48 hours there's no sprout? Should I just chuck em' and start over? have a few beans in distilled water and it's been almost 48hrs and nothing. maybe old seeds or a bad batch? these aren't your seeds, from another breeder

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey afroman

put em in the medium and pray. old beans can take 7 days to pop. after 48 hours i find that some mold or algae can start to eat away at the shell. you should use h202 to try to coax some life out of them imvho

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thank you yortbogey

you rock man

med-man

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
I'm encouraged by the amount of time U have invested in U'r forum....&
It shows... and makes for a better more user-friendly / interactive / and informative forum...THE WAY it should BE....
it's my pleasure to help keep the place tidy,trim, and topped -off...

I'll be embarking down the MedMan road of genetic's for the new year....blessedBE

FIREGOD

I was always told not over 24 hours but hey... im willing to try it.

2 questions.

1. Will this work for old seeds?
i also have seeds hard as hell to crack. I have some deep chunk f2s that are almost impossible.
Tom told me plant right.in soil and keep around 80 degrees f. I dont do dirt anymore...

2. Should i keep the beercups on a hydrofarm heatmat?

FIREGOD

One more..

Nicking... chipping.... scarification?
Any of this needed on your beans?

Ive never tried this because i rarely had problems but i get the occasional stubborn seedpack,,, rare, but it happens.

Ive heard some seeds go dormant and need a cold cycle before the heat of germination. Any thoughts on this. Ive known some guys freeze or put seeds in the fridge to "shock " them before germinating. Supposedly some indicas (landrace) were said to need this?

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey firedog

i supercharge my beans 3 different ways before sending them out

you should just follow my directions if you please

as far as old beans, my cannabolic stacker and or h202 will encourage them to crack

good luck and thanks again for supporting

med-man

FIREGOD

Well...
My fridgetop is cold lol.

3 part supercharging??? Interesting...
Care to share?
Just curious and wanting best results. Be nice to try extra tech.

:chin::shucks::yikes: