What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House & Garden Nutrients

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
First off
I really wanted to give props to H&G. I received a samples of there line of nutrients and lemme just first say. Customer Service wise. Absolute friggin Pleasure. I'm not trying to pitch anyone on them.Or be that guy but Just really wanted to really say that there products truly work. Roots Exc. Beyond sick shit. Just pretty straight forward nutrients with no extra fluff bottom line. Anyone else using there products I want to hear some feedback from some peeps. Because I'm more than satisfied. This Is the first run I'm doing with there stuff. Just wanted to try something new and fresh. Not to say they are better than everyone else because some people are comfortable using what they use. But no bullshit. Im all about them right now. The customer service really did it for me. Anyway. Def would love to hear watcha guys think. I 100% recommend giving them a shot if you haven't already. Especially the roots excel and drip clean if u using coco. (salt buildup issues are Bye Bye) best thing ever ! *Thanks guys for listening. Just wanted to put my 2 cents out there*

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Dude can't agree with you more. I can't even stress how satisfied I am With them. Funny I believe I've read your thread on salt build up and saw the drip clean. I not know if that's how I decided to give them a try but def helped. So thank you for the good info Stuff realllllly realllllly works it's unreal. Slowly I introduced it. A few drops at a time It's like night and day using it with coco. I've always been a worrier of salt build up and no joke. It's like one less thing I need to stress. Truly amazing stuff and that's just one if there additives

Homebrewer

Veteran
I think i've seen their bases in some local hydro stores but don't remember seeing a Guaranteed Analysis on the bottle. Is that still the case? If so, how is a potential customer supposed to determine if it's any good or not?

danks

because then they cant play with their npk ratios so you have to use their whole line to get the ratios needed for proper mj growing. unlike maxi peters or dyna wich are meant for large greenhouse growers that want their nutes dirt cheap lol i mean what kind of multi million dollar tomato growers isnt going to want a guaranteed analysis lol
keep doing you dyna vs the world lol im really starting to like guaranteed analysis but drip clean does kick ass in coco.

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Dude. Really? Well. You could try it. Or ask your local shop for some samples If they have them. How would you know if anything else is good like strains and stuff. I would think that all the positive reviews and such would assure you. I've never heard a bad thing about them. Not 1 negative thing. That days a lot to ke. This is why I decided tO mak the switch. And truthfully I'm really glad I did. Because within 24 hours of feeding them no joke they all did a 360. And completely look super happy. Drip clean I will never so a run without it. Especially in coco. Since it could have salt issues.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
ya i got the H&G line up, pretty good....what i like is ONE base nute for the whole grow...makes perfect sense, when using additives why would you need 2 base nutes other than to sell the grow some extra bottles

Homebrewer

Veteran
How would you know if anything else is good like strains and stuff. I would think that all the positive reviews and such would assure you.
Growers who understand the individual roles of the essential elements and how they interact with one another would want to know the mineral make up of their fertilizers. I'd never buy gasoline without knowing the octane and I'd never buy base malt for my beers without knowing what country produced it. I'm not saying that you're not happy with your purchase but for the educated grower, it's a blind shot in the dark without a Guaranteed Analysis.

Homebrewer-
"All" nutrients are shot the dark. Some are good, and some are better. I'm a current fan of Fox farm right now; however H&G are very pro rated. Try them out and you will surely be impressed. Just try one or two of their products and you will start to trust them. I'm not a salesman. I've never worried about "guarantees" before.

Try roots excelurator it's F'ing amazing!!! It cuts veg times down by days. It's expensive however I've had mine in the fridge for 5 months and its still 1/2 full. It gets plants ready to flower when you need them. It's great. With one product you can get better yields by making bigger plants! I also love the shooting powder!

Biatch- rocking the H & G!

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
haha a 1 liter bottle of roots excel lasts me about 5 weeks, lol....they should make em in 1 gal jugs, lol

shooting powder im not too fond of, ive had better results using the "overdrive" from AN, when it comes to these 2 products i find overdrive has better/more visual results

Homebrewer

Veteran
Homebrewer-
"All" nutrients are shot the dark. Some are good, and some are better.

Salts are salts and ratios are everything. I just called over to my local store and apparently his H&G bottles have a 'Guaranteed Analysis' on them, I'll check them out when I'm there again.

I've never worried about "guarantees" before.
I hope you understand that a 'Guarantee' is different than a 'Guaranteed Analysis'.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
my H&G bottles ALL have guaranteed analysis

im in canada and my bottles say "NOT FOR SALE IN NORTH AMERICA OR AUSTRALIA, FOR SALE IN CANADA ONLY"

im thinking maybe it has something to do with the labeling....if i peel off the label the original dutch label is on there and there is no guaranteed analysis on the dutch label

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Hb- I getwhat ur saying for sure. I'm an idiot. Because my bottles also have the GA on them as well. I try to really know what I'm putting in also. And totally forgot to say that the bottles do have guaranteed anal.

Joe - I've used AN overdrive Def works. Kinda Messes with my flowering times does it do that for you ! I know it's suppose to. Also shooting powder is super strong I hear many people like to use there own finishers anyway. Like I like KB powder which gives me a little more density than SP. But at this stage it's really all what works for you

I just think people should be open minded to new stuff. Doesn't mean anything unless you want to I'll never be that guy that says one company dominates Because it's not tru. To each his own

Are you guys using drip clean with every feeding in coco or once a week or?

Sorry just starting out with coco I did a few searches but I couldn't find my exact answer

TIA

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I've used H&G for over three years. For me it's one of the best nutrient systems I've ever used. If you're going to use bottled nutrients, I would comfortably recommend H&G. I've never cared for GH. I found the flavor lacking. I've used Super Natural, PBP, and others. I liked PBP and though about going back to it, but I like my H&G.

Roots Excel and drip clean are fantastic products.

I've recently switched to Coco DTW as opposed to E&F. I asked what the difference was between the Aqua Flakes and Coco versions. I was told that Aqua Flakes is better for recirculating systems, and the Coco is better for DTW. So I probably should have been using Aqua Flakes years ago. It worked fine though.

I use drip clean with every feeding.

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Yes def use drip clean every feeding if using coco for sure. If u want u can introduce it one drop at a time until u reach .4ml a gal. That's pretty much what I did. And will not do a run without it Final product is super clean. Barely have to flush also.

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Anyone using Magic Green. I'm a fan of it as well. The WAx layer that it eaves on. Besides making it look pretty. Helps against any pests. Anyone using it. The amount to be used is a little unclear.

mjactivist

Biatchzxz-
I don't use MG, as I use ACT. Its cheaper and as effective at stopping pests and or pathogens. The one thing MG has that ACT doesn't have automatically in it, is N. U have add different ingredients to get a N rich tea.
Sorry I cant help with the MG.
L8
MJ

Sun Ra

In the past I've used bontanicare and technaflora with some pretty good results. But once I started with House and Garden I feel as though I found my niche and there is really no need for me to experiment with other nutrient companies and/or additives anymore. I use their entire line and follow the directions as they state. Since then, I have had the best yields and have been very pleased. It's pretty easy to use, you just follow the directions just like a recipe. The only outside additive I use is Great White Mycorrhizae since they recommend it on their site. For certain legal reasons they aren't allowed to ship their own mycorrhizae product to the states, or something like that. I think that the shooting powder is worth its weight in gold. It really packs on the weight and the buds get very large. But hey, that's just my opinion and my experience. Go out and do your own research and come up with your own conclusions and do what works best for you.

I use magic green too. IT does seem to make the leaves look nicer. If you look on their site and bottle it says use 10ml for every one liter of water and use it as a foliar. You are supposed to spray the plants every other week all the way through flowering. This is the only part of their directions where I deviate. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of spraying shit on my plants when I start seeing buds.

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Yeah right on brother. Yeah. On the bottle of MG it says 5-10ml a gallon. That was what threw me off a little but I started off 5ml anyway and with no negative I'm glad to see another person who loves them as much as I do. Because they truly work great and the customer service is outstanding probably one of the most helpful and friendly people I've spoken to.

Latest posts

Latest posts