What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You End Salt Buildup In Your Medium Forever!!!

Herborizer

Veteran
I also run drip clean in a drip to waste setup using rockwool. I drip to 1% to 2% runoff. Basically the only reason I runoff at all is to ensure the rockwool is saturated. Drip clean is some amazing stuff. It removes the need to flush during the grow, it saves tons of money because you use less nutes, it's so simple. I still flush for 10-14 days before I harvest though. Not for salt buildup, but to clear nutes out of the plant.

I think someone said if you use drip clean you have not as much of need for long flush. I flus for considerable less time, clean burn, good taste, I like 1/4 nutes it causes a negitve draw in the plants with that method, Jorge Cevantes method, indoor bible.

BenjaminSocks

I use drip clean with everything.

I think it is sometype of surfactant. I know it does break up water tension.

Surfactants have been used with nutes to prevent build up in the agri biz, but this was to protect application equipment not so much soil build up.

I think they make it sound like it makes salt "disappear" like magic. Looks like a marketing guy went loco, but I can attest that my drippers show less build up.

I always thought it strange that it has such a low application rate compared to other stuff I know. Umf, as long as it does what I need. Way cheaper than using SM-90.

h.h.

Veteran
I would say, in theory, it bonds to the salt and neutralizes it. The salt in turn bonds with it instead of your equipment, roots and such. It won't go away until you flush, but does no harm in the meantime.
or
It leaves less money for ferts resulting in less salt accumulation.

What up Krunch
so you are telling me that drip clean will allow me to feed feed feed feed until one week before harvest and my 3gal pots of promix bx will not get toxic if so do I ph everything incl. dripclean or do i ph my base ,fl+,and shooting powder only and just simply throw in the drip clean and then just feed
Im using floranova, floralicious plus, shooting powder in 3 gal. pots of promix bx

Thank you very much for your knowledge

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
What up Krunch
so you are telling me that drip clean will allow me to feed feed feed feed until one week before harvest and my 3gal pots of promix bx will not get toxic if so do I ph everything incl. dripclean or do i ph my base ,fl+,and shooting powder only and just simply throw in the drip clean and then just feed
Im using floranova, floralicious plus, shooting powder in 3 gal. pots of promix bx

Thank you very much for your knowledge

yup......

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Because of this thread, I went out and got some to try. I use it in coco and aero, it kicks ass.

Thanks Krunch.

hawaiiOG

Drip Clean is the Bomb works great! It also last forever because you use so little. Nice post cuz good looking out.

sfzoo

saying 'just don't over fert' doesn't quite cover the bases of why one would use this product. Sure, if you've got the strain dialed in you won't need to worry about build up. But some, like me, are using it to find a baseline for new strains.

I've been using dripclean since day one and never had anything bad to say. Unfortunately, i had not much good to say either since i didn't really know if, or if not, it was really working.

..Until last week. I forgot to add dripclean to my nute mix, i was at 1200ppm and had been for at least 3 weeks. The day after that dripclean-less nute mix was fed i noticed slightly upturned tips with the slightest hint of tip burn.
Couldn't be completely sure that the dripclean, or lack there of, was the reason for the burn. But i will say that i'm still at 1200ppm and still use drip clean and since that one instance i haven't seen any sort of burn/lockout..

so...yeah.

cyat

Veteran
It is p and k that has been altered somehow.I think it acts like a magnet.I have had better results with runoff, dripclean or not.Dripclean does not melt away salts but attracts them!I had definite salt buildup even with dripclean. I used to use pans under my coco pots.My girls are 100% happier with runnoff.I also feed everytime , as straight water messes up the buffer zone.H@g also says its really useful when using tap.On a side note, haifa chem in Isreal has a similar if not identical product. Can't remember the name of the movie with Ben Stiller, where the spray made the dog shit vanish.The question was still, where does it go?

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
saying 'just don't over fert' doesn't quite cover the bases of why one would use this product. Sure, if you've got the strain dialed in you won't need to worry about build up. But some, like me, are using it to find a baseline for new strains.

I've been using dripclean since day one and never had anything bad to say. Unfortunately, i had not much good to say either since i didn't really know if, or if not, it was really working.

..Until last week. I forgot to add dripclean to my nute mix, i was at 1200ppm and had been for at least 3 weeks. The day after that dripclean-less nute mix was fed i noticed slightly upturned tips with the slightest hint of tip burn.
Couldn't be completely sure that the dripclean, or lack there of, was the reason for the burn. But i will say that i'm still at 1200ppm and still use drip clean and since that one instance i haven't seen any sort of burn/lockout..

so...yeah.

ive ran 100's of drip lines over the last 5-6 years. and never once used this shit, and never once had plugged lines, WHEN I WAS DOING SHIT CORRECTLY.
so if u want to multiply lets say 45 grows, times the cost of the drip-crap...how much is that, thati didnt spend?

humic acid, seaweed, BUSHMASTER, SNOW STORM all cause clogging. and usualy where the tube is restricted, like @ connections and basket dripper ends.

these companies are all selling you shit just to make money.

jesus, how much do filters cost? $10? how about your fancy bottle?

house and garden is good at extracting profit.
how much does roots excellerator cost?

Last edited:

dman16

IMO its always important to PH your water but lots of people flush with straight tap water and dont seem to complain.

couchlockd

Hey KrunchBubble, i went out and grabbed a 250ml bottle of drip clean cuzz it sounds too good to be true type of thing, but you say it works. i asked the guy i get AN from if i could use it with any nutes but more specifically AN's stuff ( he also carries H&G full line also) and he said that you can only use it with H&G nutes. but the H&G site says you can use it with any.

which is true?

also i am skeptical to use it on my new run so i was going to use it on the mothers, they are fed Mag-I-Cal(calmag), pure vida grow, hygrozyme, and roots extreme serene. this is a damn near all organic mix, so would drip clean even be worth using with this?

also i was told that if you havent been using drip clean from the get go, that if you do use it you can unintentionally burn the crap out of them by releasing salts already in the medium??

so how should i introduce it to the mothers, so i can get a read on this stuff to see if it works for me? should i go to like 1/4 or 1/2 strength? .25ml or .125ml per gallon

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Hey KrunchBubble, i went out and grabbed a 250ml bottle of drip clean cuzz it sounds too good to be true type of thing, but you say it works. i asked the guy i get AN from if i could use it with any nutes but more specifically AN's stuff ( he also carries H&G full line also) and he said that you can only use it with H&G nutes. but the H&G site says you can use it with any.

which is true?

also i am skeptical to use it on my new run so i was going to use it on the mothers, they are fed Mag-I-Cal(calmag), pure vida grow, hygrozyme, and roots extreme serene. this is a damn near all organic mix, so would drip clean even be worth using with this?

also i was told that if you havent been using drip clean from the get go, that if you do use it you can unintentionally burn the crap out of them by releasing salts already in the medium??

so how should i introduce it to the mothers, so i can get a read on this stuff to see if it works for me? should i go to like 1/4 or 1/2 strength? .25ml or .125ml per gallon

you can use it on any nutrient, i have.....

use it at regular strength and your good, it dosent burn or anything like what he said..