What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

45% humidity veg & flower?

Chrono2

for starters id like to say about 25-28 days in, my plants look healthy and are on par size wise with other day by day grow videos of auto flowers. (especially considering this is my first grow ever)

now for the main question can i veg and flower in 45% Rh? has anyone had SUCCESSFULL grows in these ranges give me any input? 43-50% RH is the average for my tents (lights on, and about 50-60 lights off) and tbh i dont want to add a humidifier or dehumidifier if i dont HAVE to, but everyone reccomends my rh be alot higher in veg :\

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
What are your temps? Just finished getting the skinny on vpd in the Coco Trees stickied thread. Give it a read sometime ;-)

Chrono2

thanks for the reply, canopy temps are around 20-22c
i read some of that article and read about VPD as well, seems i should be running at least 65-70% humidity, i should be able to manipulate this by cycling my exhausting on and off, ill see how this goes

Chrono2

and of course sure enough after about 20 minutes of no exhaust on, ive hit 65% humidity.

im gonna invest in a humidity meter and hook my exhaust up to it

heatherlonglee

I wouldn't recommend bumping your humidity up. Yeah there's a lot of info around saying you can grow good weed in higher humidity. If you try to raise your humidity to 65% I'm going to say now you'll just learn about mold in a much faster amount of time. I'm guessing you have no idea what PM is and have never seen it in cannabis? Shutting off your exhaust is the wrong way to raise humidity and will cause more problems. 45% humidity is a good starting point for a new grower. Don't raise your humidity you'll end up with moldy buds.

Chrono2

I wouldn't recommend bumping your humidity up. Yeah there's a lot of info around saying you can grow good weed in higher humidity. If you try to raise your humidity to 65% I'm going to say now you'll just learn about mold in a much faster amount of time. I'm guessing you have no idea what PM is and have never seen it in cannabis? Shutting off your exhaust is the wrong way to raise humidity and will cause more problems. 45% humidity is a good starting point for a new grower. Don't raise your humidity you'll end up with moldy buds.

ya def never seen mold before, appreciate the reply to :D
im gonna keep my exhaust running on low setting until i get a humidity controller, if the charts ive read are accurate i need to have higher humidity.
but ive been adamantly told do not go above 60 ever because of mold, and i def dont wanna learn the hard way about mold...hell id rather never learn about mold

Chrono2

And if i can boost the humidity from ~45%to 55-60, get better AND save electricity im gonna try and figure that out...just hope i dont hit mold issues xD

Chrono2

I veg and flower @45-48% Got another spot currently vegging @30% with no issues.

Thx for the reply mate :D seems i might be just worrying over nothing, think ima buy a humidity controller and see how that works maybe save some electricity and get better yields

zeke99

45% in veg will slow the rate of growth. Honestly this is fine if you're not growing for income. Think about it that way.

We had a stretch during this past January, when it was unusually cold and dry. The RH% in my apartment was 10% Yes, 10%. Meanwhile I had just transplanted clones and you're damn right that growth was slowed as compared with previous rounds (same equipment, same clones, same location, only difference was a much lower RH). But, I'm lazy and I had time for an extra long veg, so I didn't build or buy a humidifier.

In an ideal world, using VPD principles straight up would be great for overall growth throughout the life of the plant, but pandora opened that nasty little box (PM) and we have to live with the results. So I think that 55% + or - 5% is a great compromise when factoring in PM and bud rot against yield in late flower. Higher in that range with lights on and lower with lights off. Maybe a little below 50% depending on where you live because of spore count. The idea though is to keep the air moving. I think we can all agree that stagnant air, in an indoor grow is no good.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
45% - great
55% - great
70% - great

The key is to keep it stable- whatever you end up with. Mildew doesn't arise from humidity being too high or too low- it's fluctuation constantly. Find your highs and lows with lights on and off and then keep it in that window.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Mildew doesn't arise from humidity being too high or too low- it's fluctuation constantly.
Yeah my understanding is high night humidity increases the production of spores and then low day humidity increases the distribution of spores, so the worst cases show up with wide humidity swings. I'm pretty sure GreenCure works as not just a curative, but also a preventive, so you might want to look into that too Chrono.

jidoka

Give me 75% in veg and I will get you 2 ft plants in 1 month. Drop that to 65 for 3 wks flower. Then lower if you want. But I want to see every single plant dancing with air movement

Chrono2

thanks for all the replies everyone! right now my day and night humidity is about the same maybe 10% swing, sitting at 51% right now and it is "night" for them right now, and id say 45% is about average during the "day"

i do have enough fans and circulation to make the plants dance for sure, i think i am going to get a humidity controller and set it on my exhaust and see how that works
and i wouldnt say that i am growing "for income" but i am a legal grower for multiple legal marijuana patients, so yield and quality matters, im hoping to be growing medical quality by next year and im still in the lerning phase so willing to try anything that makes sense, and vpd makes sense to me, cheers everyone <3

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Plants will grow faster and better with high humidity in veg and first 3 weeks of bloom. After that then take it down to 45-50% for the rest of bloom to prevent the buds from melting.

Chrono2

these are some pics of the tents, 2 are platinum LED one is a old regular mh / hps (got another 4x4 tent in the works)
this is about day 27-30 from seed (about 10 are 1 day behind)

feminized non autos (in the small tent) are - sour diesel, white widow, blueberry, northern lights skunk, jack herer, kushy, og kush, canuk cookies. (each tray of 3 has a different start date about a week apart)

auto flowers (big tents) are - lemon drop, uk cheese, dwarf low rider, amnesia, super lemon haze, grape fruit, great white shark, quarter pounder, hindu kush

for 17 total strains

auto flowers

image1(1).jpg image1.jpg image2.jpg image4.jpg

N

noyd666

Give me 75% in veg and I will get you 2 ft plants in 1 month. Drop that to 65 for 3 wks flower. Then lower if you want. But I want to see every single plant dancing with air movement

same here, 75% veg
70% to 50% flower ,
plenty of air movement. dehumidifier.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts