What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Storing your buds and seeds

Henry_420

Hi,

Landed on THIS yesterday and was wondering if those bags are good for storage. Seems better than ziplocs, but are they actually?

Thanks

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I am also looking into some longer term storage.

I use jars for anything less than a year but I want to store some longer term and I am looking at options.

Bags like that are nice but I would think you need to remove the air for lomg term storage.

troutman

Seed Whore
I'm using microcentrifuge tubes for small mounts of seeds and centrifuge tube for larger amounts.

They work a lot better than plastic bags or jars. :tiphat:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
D-bags is apt.

Might as well slam your dick in a door ordering from a cannabis packaging company.

Find who they order from.

xet

Clay pots are an old way

briyani-cooking-terracotta-clay-pot-500x500.jpg

Marble if you can afford it
Series+300+in+White+Z+Marble+Container.jpg

Maple_Flail

Bud, in glass. never grew enough in one cycle to last more then a few months to half year.

Seed, Depending on situation i got them in. if purchased or was gifted and didn't quite get to all of them for whatever reason, i vac seal them with some sort of desiccant, and place that bag, labeled OFC and place it in a UV protected glass jar and it make its way to my root/cold cellar

if it came from plants i grew, I would put them in a small shot glass in on of the large jars curing bud that is atleast a few months old at that point. for a week or two then they would get the vac treatment others would get. it doesn't appear to negatively effect germination rates, but no solid foundation weather it actually keeps germination rates up in extended storage..

Gry

Really like the appearance of the clay container, be nifty to find something similar with a flexible sealing ring

CimbaKat

We store our seeds in a Mason jar with rice (to soak up moisture) and seed packs in ziplocks the jar in the refrigerator. I just got new seeds and have them in a cabinet because they were not stored in a refrigerator ever and have been at room temperature dsy one. I know the person I got them from, so I kept them same temperature, room temp. I'm gonna grow them within the next two months so it's fine, otherwise they'd be joining the rest in the rice jar in The fridge.