What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It looks like J Sessions is getting his way....

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moose eater

It's rare that I agree with vta about much of anything but he's right about this. I'd be very surprised if any regional US Attorney takes the opening that Jeff gave them. They'd be stuck with it if he commanded but he didn't do that at all. He just put out some mealy mouthed jive to stir the shit & keep his name up in lights.

I understand the amendments as riders in the budget/finance bill that keep this from becoming a reality, but those amendments have been regularly teetering on a month-to-month survival.

If they do make a move to try and kill this legalization trend with federal intervention, it makes perfect sense that they'd try to do it before it reaches any sort of maturity (*per my earlier comment re. wrestling alligators and the size of their teeth).

And some of the governing bodies, such as our Borough Assembly, and others, whose fingers are on the pulse of approving or not approving licenses, are apt to be further pressured by the likes of our prominent prohibitionists on the Assembly, to heed the fact that the Cole memo, previously used as an argument that provided a shielding of their official actions, is now more or less moot. One more or less (at least temporarily) binding aspect of Sessions' memo.

These are often political weasels who fear legal liability and voter misperception more than they fear their priests and mothers. And they have regularly cited the Cole memo as their path to righteousness in their positions as local leaders.

M

moose eater

But then, we've survived here for 42 years+ with waxing and waning protections for privacy where cannabis was concerned, through Reagan's era of our tolerating a zero under his 'zero tolerance,' and more, to include the unconstitutional 1990 recrim vote that took 11 years to over-turn.

So being outside of federal law where weed is concerned isn't exactly a new trip for our State. And as often as not, during those years, the feds reserved their efforts for larger operations, provably long-term operations (operating a continuing criminal enterprise, etc., under RICO), and those they chose to make an example of for political reasons; with some of those groups sometimes over-lapping..

So for those of us living on the fringe of things, little has changed. Just another moving of the chain to establish whether or not there's been a 1st down completed or not.

And I didn't care much for the referees in question in the first place.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I understand the amendments as riders in the budget/finance bill that keep this from becoming a reality, but those amendments have been regularly teetering on a month-to-month survival.

If they do make a move to try and kill this legalization trend with federal intervention, it makes perfect sense that they'd try to do it before it reaches any sort of maturity (*per my earlier comment re. wrestling alligators and the size of their teeth).

And some of the governing bodies, such as our Borough Assembly, and others, whose fingers are on the pulse of approving or not approving licenses, are apt to be further pressured by the likes of our prominent prohibitionists on the Assembly, to heed the fact that the Cole memo, previously used as an argument that provided a shielding of their official actions, is now more or less moot. One more or less (at least temporarily) binding aspect of Sessions' memo.

These are often political weasels who fear legal liability and voter misperception more than they fear their priests and mothers. And they have regularly cited the Cole memo as their path to righteousness in their positions as local leaders.

Oh, I get all that. The local posturing & pandering is part of the process of conservative branding, putting their name up in lights just like Sessions. There's a whole complex of insincerity & mistaken culture warrior belief at work. They're all just trying to latch on to that big right wing political donor tit in the sky & get fat off it.

They're still snake bit, however. We'll obviously see a lot of drama & denial before the inevitable comes to pass. When Obama allowed legalization to proceed it was like them losing the battle of Stalingrad. They'll fight on but the losses are already too great for them to prevail.

M

moose eater

We gained a foothold for sure. But what we have where I am is a staunch reserve, however limited in number, of real true believers. Born-agains who will look the camera in the eye, say that "marijuana equals death" and MEAN it. At least one of them a former toker, who, due to his own need for deliverance from his evil, found Jesus, and truly believes his own bullshit.

When he pressures the remaining fence-sitters who have used Cole as the ultimate approval for what otherwise might be perceived by some as participating in prosecutable RICO acts, right down to conspiracy, he'll have more of their ears than they would be comfortable admitting to those who've voted for them.

Most of our leaders have never been real leaders at all, which is why meaningful change has almost always been a bottom-up process.

If I had a dollar for every stuffed shirt in office, I wouldn't need to grow weed for anyone but myself. ;^>)

Betterhaff

Veteran
Do you know what really pisses me off...families moving in order to care for love ones. The CBD thing is a part of that. But NIDA and etc. etc. etc have touting the evils. There are benefits. Do they know?

St. Phatty

Let's all just save ourselves the heartache, and give up hope. Most US politicians are corrupt morons.

Never thought hope was very useful in solving problems anyway.

Sessions' position depends on t-Rump. t-Rump is unstable enough that I wouldn't bet on him being in office in a year. Of course, he could survive his unique fast food & no exercise regimen for 3 more years - but most 70 year old men with stressful jobs who 'don't keep up' physically, don't last long.

The American Drug War is a make work program. Sessions' action on reversing the Cole Memo will give license to the DEA. They will probably launch some actions / ruin some lives, it's how they rack up the hours that yield the paychecks.

No busts, no hours, no pay-checks.

It will be interesting to see the voting next time there is a motion/ proposition etc. for Secession.

Any serious interference by the federal government in the State's marijuana programs, and I'm pretty sure those Secession propositions will seem less wacky to the general population.

So, how do you find an honest bookie who is willing to take bets on these kinds of things ? :woohoo:

igrowone

Veteran
some more mainstream news, Ron Paul weighs in
nothing too surprising, but so far i've yet to see anyone notable praise session's action
perhaps the branch he's on is getting ready to snap

Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision

By Alexandra King, CNN

(CNN)Ron Paul, the former GOP congressman and onetime presidential candidate, called on Attorney General Jeff Sessions to step down Saturday after he moved this week to rescind the Obama-era policy of restricting federal enforcement of marijuana laws in states where the drug is legal.
Sessions' action essentially shifts federal policy from the hands-off approach adopted under the Obama administration to unleashing federal prosecutors to decide individually how to prioritize resources to crack down on pot possession, distribution and cultivation of the drug in those states.
Currently, recreational marijuana is legal in eight states and the District of Columbia. Twenty-two states also allow some form of medical marijuana, and 15 allow a lesser medical marijuana extract.
Paul told CNN's Michael Smerconish that Americans should have a choice on marijuana use, and he called Sessions' actions "unconstitutional."

"He represents something that is so un-American, as far as I'm concerned," the Texas libertarian said.
"The war on drugs, to me, is a war on liberty. I think that we overly concentrate on the issue of the drug itself, and I concentrate on the issue of freedom of choice, on doing things that are of high risk," he said. "And we permit high risk all the time. ... Generally, we allow people to eat what they want, and that is very risky. But we do overly concentrate on what people put into their bodies."
Paul called the war on drugs a "totally illegal system."
"Just because you legalize something doesn't mean everyone's going to do it, and then if you look at the consequences, of the war? Why don't the people just look and read and study Prohibition? ... (a) total failure. And the war on drugs is every bit as bad and worse," he said.
"People should have the right or responsibility of dealing with what is dangerous," Paul insisted. "Once you get into this thing about government is going to protect us against ourselves, there's no protection of liberty."
However, he said, he didn't expect Sessions to be successful.
"I predict that Sessions is not going to be victorious on this," Paul told Smerconish.
"And unfortunately, it's for reasons that I don't get excited about. It's because the states want to collect all of those taxes (on marijuana), so it becomes this tax issue," he said.

Easy7

Veteran
You have to be awfully frustrated to be the religious right in America. Sessions will fail against cannabis and over state his victories. Like all the religious right in the States.

They will catch some people who were not being very safe about their biz. Over state their successes and ignore their out right failure.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Do you know what really pisses me off...families moving in order to care for love ones. The CBD thing is a part of that. But NIDA and etc. etc. etc have touting the evils. There are benefits. Do they know?

yes Better, they do. but there is no monetary reward for admitting you were wrong before & wrong now for the wrong reasons. they will milk the war on drugs until blood squirts from the teat instead of milk/money. until politicians on both sides of the aisle commit to what is good for the citizens instead of good for their "donors" (and by obvious extension, theirs too) it is going to be but a war of attrition. we need a dozen or so "retirements" for ANY reason by a few of Sessions generation. it is just a matter of time...

thread cleaned up, pls remain on topic.

By "cleaning up", what you actually mean is you censored my post.

Did someone get their panties in a twist about the statement the white man cannot be trusted, because he speaks with a forked tongue? Tell us who this person was, so they can be called out and ridiculed for their defense of evil.

As a mostly-white person myself, I will say anything I please about the truth of the white man and his evil system of slavery and destruction. I know this truth very well....as do my Cherokee ancestors, who like so many others before and after them, were robbed and murdered by the selfish, greedy so-called "Christian" white man.

The censorship that you just engaged is in a part of evil I speak about. Why do problems never get solved, but only fester, growing worse and worse over time? Because the evil white man does not want to hear that he's wrong and evil. He refuses to entertain the thought. Every problem in the universe is "someone else's fault." To kill, to rape, to plunder are nothing to the selfish, psychopathic white man; the greatest evil in the world is criticizing him and his evil ways.

The white man's so-called 'civilization' is divided into three classes: psychopaths, who control everything; clueless, naive fools, who fall victim to the psychopath's lies; and a few intelligent people who see through the lies and speak out against them, and as a reward, are mocked, belittled, censored, silenced, BANNED, and/or straight up killed when attempting to challenge the power structure.

Two more pages have been added to this thread since I made my truthful statement which offended some poor defenseless white person's feelings. Two more pages of fools arguing uselessly, endless, unproductively. What will any of these words in this thread do to change anything? There is only one thing that will work; the same that has been needed from the very beginning: active resistance to the system of evil.

Stop obeying the mother fuckers.

Actively resist their wicked ideas, laws, and schemes.

Stop paying the sons of bitches.

Actively work to undermine them.

Sell as much weed as you can, make as much money as you can, and direct those funds towards undermining the power structure which continually seeks to further enslave us.

In before some slave gets his panties twisted and reports/deletes this post also.

Easy7

Veteran
Just gonna have to ride out the storm. If you make a lot of waves they may focus on you and your activity. Lot's of people making big waves though, so it would take an Army of investigators to make big differences.

Wouldn't want to be a leader in the cannabis industry right now. But for people that live in prohibited states, it's the same day it's ever been.

but there is no monetary reward for admitting you were wrong before & wrong now for the wrong reasons.

Which perhaps explains why you personally will never admit you were wrong before, and wrong now, for the wrong reasons.

they will milk the war on drugs until blood squirts from the teat instead of milk/money.

Yet despite knowledge of this fact, that the system is wicked and irredeemably corrupt, you then go on to spout this next ridiculous line:

until politicians on both sides of the aisle commit to what is good for the citizens instead of good for their "donors" (and by obvious extension, theirs too) it is going to be but a war of attrition.

So what you are basically saying is, until the end of time (which is how long it will take for the corrupt politicians to stop being selfish psychopaths), we are going to continue to lose!

And this is why, in a nutshell, you are committed to inevitable defeat and enslavement. Folks like you will keep on pulling that stupid fucking lever at the stupid useless fucking voting booth, crying endlessly about how you keep losing, because you just can't accept the fact that you will never, ever win your freedom by relying on the slave masters to realize the error of their ways.

we need a dozen or so "retirements" for ANY reason by a few of Sessions generation. it is just a matter of time...

It's almost like you don't perceive that the noose is tightening everywhere! Like marijuana is the only area where the Federal Tyrants are seeking to gain absolute control over everyone and everything. You think these corrupt pieces of shit are just going to twiddle their thumbs while you wait for decades for the current corrupt pieces of shit to retire, only to be replaced by the next generation of even more corrupt pieces of shit? You call that a winning strategy?

Furthermore, you think there are only "a dozen or so" corrupt people in the government? Could you possibly be more clueless? The entire system has been taken over by corruption and evil!

What is the point of being an armed hippy, when you don't even have a clue what those weapons are supposed to be used for?

Who are you armed against, exactly? Obviously not the corrupt, evil Federal government, judging by your endless apologies for their corrupt, evil behavior, and your foolish desire to 'work within the [corrupt, evil] system' to change it! Your ideas are not the result of intelligent thought with eyes open, but foolishness resulting from deliberately ignoring the reality of thousands of years of history. Or perhaps it's just cowardice. Maybe your knees tremble at the thought of rising up against your masters, which is why you absolutely refuse to consider the idea of actually fighting back.

You will never, ever vote yourself more freedom.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
By "cleaning up", what you actually mean is you censored my post.

Did someone get their panties in a twist about the statement the white man cannot be trusted, because he speaks with a forked tongue? Tell us who this person was, so they can be called out and ridiculed for their defense of evil.

As a mostly-white person myself, I will say anything I please about the truth of the white man and his evil system of slavery and destruction. I know this truth very well....as do my Cherokee ancestors, who like so many others before and after them, were robbed and murdered by the selfish, greedy so-called "Christian" white man.

The censorship that you just engaged is in a part of evil I speak about. Why do problems never get solved, but only fester, growing worse and worse over time? Because the evil white man does not want to hear that he's wrong and evil. He refuses to entertain the thought. Every problem in the universe is "someone else's fault." To kill, to rape, to plunder are nothing to the selfish, psychopathic white man; the greatest evil in the world is criticizing him and his evil ways.

The white man's so-called 'civilization' is divided into three classes: psychopaths, who control everything; clueless, naive fools, who fall victim to the psychopath's lies; and a few intelligent people who see through the lies and speak out against them, and as a reward, are mocked, belittled, censored, silenced, BANNED, and/or straight up killed when attempting to challenge the power structure.

Two more pages have been added to this thread since I made my truthful statement which offended some poor defenseless white person's feelings. Two more pages of fools arguing uselessly, endless, unproductively. What will any of these words in this thread do to change anything? There is only one thing that will work; the same that has been needed from the very beginning: active resistance to the system of evil.

Stop obeying the mother fuckers.

Actively resist their wicked ideas, laws, and schemes.

Stop paying the sons of bitches.

Actively work to undermine them.

Sell as much weed as you can, make as much money as you can, and direct those funds towards undermining the power structure which continually seeks to further enslave us.

In before some slave gets his panties twisted and reports/deletes this post also.

this thread is not about the white devil or what ever you are going on about, this thread is about Sessions and his anti pot crusade. excuse me for trying to keep things on topic. why don't you open your own thread about the forked tongued white man if it makes you happy, maybe you can explain how your views are not racist in that thread.

this thread is not about the white devil or what ever you are going on about, this thread is about Sessions and his anti pot crusade.

JEFF 'GOD DAMNED' SESSIONS IS THE PERSONIFICATION OF THE WHITE DEVIL HIMSELF! Why can you not see that this guy is simply the latest front man out of millions and millions of his contemporaries, who are all guilty of the same wickedness? They all suffer from the 'white man's disease'. Those aren't my words, those are the words of millions of native Americans who were slaughtered by the laughing white man!

excuse me for trying to keep things on topic.
My post is in fact the most on-topic post in this thread!
why don't you open your own thread about the forked tongued white man if it makes you happy,
BECAUSE THIS IS THE THREAD WHERE THESE WORDS NEED TO BE HEARD!

maybe you can explain how your views are not racist in that thread.
The white man brought a system of evil and slavery with him to America. The nation was evil since the very beginning! What you are seeing today is merely the logical continuation of that same system of evil.

Foolish people think they are going to vote themselves away from this continuous ongoing evil! How ridiculous! The history of the entire world, and of the USA itself, illustrates the absurdity of this idea.

What part of "I AM WHITE AND KNOW EXACTLY OF WHAT I SPEAK" don't you understand? It's not the color of the skin which is the most important message; it's the system of evil associated with it!

If the Founding Fathers could see this nation today, they would weep. But they would have only themselves to blame....because it was their system that got us to where we are today!

The system is inherently evil and will never, ever be reformed from within. Voting will never, ever change anything of substance. It cannot be changed, only defeated.

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Damn... lot of anger, dude. LOL

What's funny is that the people who HATE HATE HATE Jeff Sessions are the same kind of person as Sessions, himself.

Some people can't just disagree with Sessions and, understand his point of view (if only from nothing but ignorance). They have to HATE him and want him dead or in prison or some other torturous end.

Well, that's the same way Sessions feels about cannabis. He can't just agree to disagree. He has to HATE it venomously.

In my opinion, both of those people need to buy a bullet and rent a gun. Use the bullet on yourself and leave the gun for the next hateful person.

I don't agree with him either. But I don't hate him. Holy cow.

As for Session and his decisions and his actions, I don't believe we little people have the slightest clue why people in Washington do the things they do.

Before anyone gets this twisted and starts in the with racial warfare, or "well the indians kept slaves too" or any of that type of BULLSHIT:

Can you not see that everything is corrupt, broken, and wicked? That the entire country is built on lies, from top to bottom, A to Z? I used to believe all the lies also, when I was a child. But then I started smoking weed at the age of 24, and very quickly realized I had been lied to! Which is exactly why the 'authorities' hate weed so much, actually, and why they have demonized it and lied about it so long; because it helps people to wake the hell up!

The past decade has been something of an awakening for me. Now I see the world for exactly what it is.......only to find myself crowds of others who just don't get it. And actively refuse to hear the words of someone who has figured things out.

What will it take to make you people realize that the folks in power care about nothing but themselves? How can you not understand that their overall plan, their greatest desire, is for all of us to be enslaved to them and/or exterminated, when our usefulness has expired?

Psychopaths are in control of everything and you'd better wise the hell up and recognize it, fast! Stop tilting at windwheels! Stop these endless threads of whining about how things are! There is one actual solution to our problems, and it doesn't involve begging the king's permission.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
JEFF 'GOD DAMNED' SESSIONS IS THE PERSONIFICATION OF THE WHITE DEVIL HIMSELF! Why can you not see that this guy is simply the latest front man out of millions and millions of his contemporaries, who are all guilty of the same wickedness? They all suffer from the 'white man's disease'. Those aren't my words, those are the words of millions of native Americans who were slaughtered by the laughing white man!

My post is in fact the most on-topic post in this thread!
BECAUSE THIS IS THE THREAD WHERE THESE WORDS NEED TO BE HEARD!

The white man brought a system of evil and slavery with him to America. The nation was evil since the very beginning! What you are seeing today is merely the logical continuation of that same system of evil.

Foolish people think they are going to vote themselves away from this continuous ongoing evil! How ridiculous! The history of the entire world, and of the USA itself, illustrates the absurdity of this idea.

What part of "I AM WHITE AND KNOW EXACTLY OF WHAT I SPEAK" don't you understand? It's not the color of the skin which is the most important message; it's the system of evil associated with it!

If the Founding Fathers could see this nation today, they would weep. But they would have only themselves to blame....because it was their system that got us to where we are today!

The system is inherently evil and will never, ever be reformed from within. Voting will never, ever change anything of substance. It cannot be changed, only defeated.

your an extremist plain and simple.

either your really young or you have a sever lack of knowledge on history. you think people have it bad now? are you hungry? are you warm? are you a slave? do you have running hot and cold water? electricity? do you have internet? a car? a tv? PlayStation maybe? do you realize what that means? do you know how rare that level of wealth is on such a wide scale as we have achieved in this day and age? do you know how finely balanced that whole system is? collapse it at your peril i tell you. revolutions almost never make things better (read your history). and get this, in the rare cases where things get better, it takes years and years and years for the new system to start working and maybe if you are lucky producing a better way of life, meanwhile its a big free for all, where might is right and the worst psychopaths raise to the top through violence, is that what you want? often the new system is 10 times more oppressive then the one that was destroyed, to use your word. you should really think about what you are wishing for.

Damn... lot of anger, dude. LOL

Are you not angry also, fool, to see the noose tightening around your neck? To see your people being victimized by a system of evil, while idiots stand by laughing about it or shrugging their shoulders?

What's funny is that the people who HATE HATE HATE Jeff Sessions are the same kind of person as Sessions, himself.

You're a God damned fool. I am nothing like Sessions, and never will be.

Some people can't just disagree with Sessions and, understand his point of view (if only from nothing but ignorance).

How can one "simply disagree" with such an EVILDOER? Only an evildoer himself!

They have to HATE him and want him dead or in prison or some other torturous end.

That is a projection of your own psyche I think. I said nothing about him being dead or in prison. I would be perfectly satisfied for him to leave Alabama and never show his face here again. Anyone who can't see that imprisoning people for weed is wrong, needs to get the hell out of MY state right now! Let this evildoer reside in some other state full of fools who welcome such snakes in their midst. Let him be invested in private prison companies in your state, making money off the misery and suffering of people on a daily basis.

Well, that's the same way Sessions feels about cannabis. He can't just agree to disagree. He has to HATE it venomously.

How the hell do you "agree to disagree" with evil?

In my opinion, both of those people need to buy a bullet and rent a gun. Use the bullet on yourself and leave the gun for the next hateful person.

Take your own advice, evil one.

I don't agree with him either. But I don't hate him. Holy cow.

If you had been imprisoned for decades and milked like a fucking cow while he was enriched by it, you just might feel differently, you heartless fool!

As for Session and his decisions and his actions, I don't believe we little people have the slightest clue why people in Washington do the things they do.

Speak for yourself, fool! I already explained to you why they do it. Because they are either narcissistic psychopaths, or being controlled by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts