What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pros of legalization, go!

angelgoob

I have 33 different points.

Two are: It's growabe medicine that can be taxed. Cheap and you make money and stuff. But you know taxes suck, but anyway the gov's poor right? Nah? Ok.

Secondly, if you grow cannabis, you will start growing tomatoes.

202 romas off one plant. and yes tomatoes are EXACTLY like cannabis, but even more finicky.

St. Phatty

Will Foster wouldn't have been fvcked over ?

Sort of on that subject - how much Cannabis would have to be grown to make federal and state laws irrelevant ?

CaptainDankness

No, more prison time for growing cannabis. Other than that not much for pros.

Cons well a bit, but no more prison time kind of fucks the cons up the ass.

Last edited:

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
I have 33 different points.

Two are: It's growabe medicine that can be taxed. Cheap and you make money and stuff. But you know taxes suck, but anyway the gov's poor right? Nah? Ok.

Secondly, if you grow cannabis, you will start growing tomatoes.

202 romas off one plant. and yes tomatoes are EXACTLY like cannabis, but even more finicky.

^^^^^^^
if you know how to grow em, both are gr8 medicine.
you don't make sense- oh well.

angelgoob

I know I don't make sense bud. Meant to be funny.

It's a flow of varying thoughts to think about. Not a solid statement about my viewpoint.

And the Romas? They make you feel good.

But I'm going to also start cucumbers indoors. My maters are 2ft across now. With a ton of low dose organic nutrients in it.

meizzwang

I know I don't make sense bud. Meant to be funny.

It's a flow of varying thoughts to think about. Not a solid statement about my viewpoint.

And the Romas? They make you feel good.

But I'm going to also start cucumbers indoors. My maters are 2ft across now. With a ton of low dose organic nutrients in it.

Try 5 star grape-under the right conditions, they're better than sungolds in terms of flavor and have much higher disease resistance. Cherry bomb F1 and jasper F1 are also highly disease resistant and can produce amazing tasting fruit!

Easy7

Veteran
I would enjoy legal seeds. So far seeds are still illegal.

A cap on homegrown possession limits would be a pain.

Pretty much any cover for guerilla would be nice.

So far legal restraints here on me (a felon) growing medical make it totally legally impossible. If state, local and federal laws allowed it, we could get going on some acres currently growing hay and soil. It's almost officially organic land again. But so much isn't even that created yet...kinda wouldn't mind a system to turn whole plant into bubble hash on a large scale.

It's America and we always can at least dream.

ion

I'd say the negative out weighs the good, give me the black market any day.

^^^that^^^

do you really want the conglomeration of oxygen thieves known as us.gov telling you reefer is okay?

the same entity that brought you the prohibition of reefer, the prohibition of alcohol, jfk, multiple manufactured wars, israel, nukes, nine eleven, democracy(a hoot that one)..........................................................point being, if they say it's okay then you know that it's not.

you'll pine for the prohibition days after a few seasons of "legal".......anything .gov stamps their approval on has the stench of death. that's not cynical or pessimistic, that's called seeing with eyes open and is quite life-affirming and positive.

angelgoob

Tourism.

If you're a state that legalizes now, tourism and house buying and stuff.

Not to mention if the prices goes down you spend it on either more taxed weed or something in the economy.

Lastly, has anybody traded vegetables SO GOOD that you got hash for them? :)

Easy7

Veteran
It's funny. There are lot's of psuedo conservative yet very liberal people that would get into weed and mostly for greed.

Honestly, if it's federally legal they will grow it like corn. It's a matter of technology to be able to grow thousands if not millions of acres. It comes down to national resources and what the federal government wants to produce. As of now, there is not much export market in the legal market. But Canada just legalized and they are not prime for outdoor cultivation, unlike some US States.

Well, they'd grow it like tobacco. Uncle Sam would have some idea of market price as well. And it's hard to have a nitch market and make the loads of cash people make now.

Jorge says that the US could see $8 lbs like Colombia. Which doesn't pay for indoor at all or manual labor. Both electricity and hiring people just cost more than machines in the long run. He says that because so many millennial's only consume highly processed canna products like concentrates.

St. Phatty

Cannabis flavored feminine hygiene products ?

Cannabis suppositories - for long international flights ?

Cannabis healing kits - with a big band-aid and a big Spliff.

Still waiting for enactment here and all it causes is confusion and greed, Maine use to be so easy going in the weed culture now it's a west coast gayster (gangster hipster) rat race. Ps please go home we only have a population of 1.3 mil there is no green rush here.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Cannabis flavored feminine hygiene products ?

Cannabis suppositories - for long international flights ?

Cannabis healing kits - with a big band-aid and a big Spliff.

Don't forget, and yes I know, it's already here- canna-beer!

cryptop

Mix of pros and cons. By legalization you mean recreational, medical, or both? In terms of recreational states like Washington and Oregon, medical is being killed off. It will happen in Colorado, California, Maine, Michigan, etc, as time goes on.

I guess end consumers will not to go jail for possessing under ounce or whatever?

There will still be thousands put in prison for nothing other than unlicensed cannabis production. Or maybe even possession as well--similar to having prescription meds without a prescription, but for recreational. If you look at cities like Denver with insane consolidation (Livwell+Native Roots+Green Solution having a controlling share of dispensaries), just accelerate that until they're the only ones left, then it wouldn't be hard to create a database where one has to legally possess their packaging/receipt/etc with their cannabis.

soil margin

Veteran
Speaking of cons, how about the $9.25 per ounce tax on cultivation in California? I'm sure all those farmers are gonna love paying $148 to the govt for every pound of flowers they grow. Then you have insane taxes on the consumers buying the weed. I don't think the black market is going anywhere at this rate.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I guess when it comes to legalization everyone has a different idea of what it is or what it should be. Some feel if they can have a small home grow and possess a personal amount of bud it's legal. Others don't consider it legal unless there are absolutely no restrictions...

This is where I see a dilemma within the legalization movement. Most of us agree it should be legal but can't agree what legal is or where we should go with it. How many of you in a prohibition state would gladly accept a law that would allow up to an ounce or two in possession and a home grow with no more than 6 flowering plants? Personally, I'd take it in a heartbeat. It would be such a relief not having to always be on the lookout just to get relief from nightly pain and insomnia. Not to mention, I wouldn't have to hear people I know piss and moan about how pot is an illegal drug.

I feel all the pros greatly outweigh the cons, at least on a personal level. As for the concern about big companies and govt. taking over I really have no worries. Supply and demand will sort all that out. Good luck getting stoners to buy corporate weed vs what mom and pops grow. The biggest difference today compared to the past has been that people are now becoming much more educated about pot compared to yesteryear. Legalization, even on a small scale, has opened many eyes to the bullshit known as reefer madness and prohibition.

PDX Dopesmoker

The main potential pro is large scale medical research so that we can finally take full advantage. There are a lot of desperate folks gambling on RSO or something similar when they got few other options and all options suck. I'd rather that a little bit more is known for sure before I'm in those shoes, I might even never get to those shoes if we're lucky and pot really does have potential as a cancer cure-all.
Some shit like that would be the ultimate hippie vindication. If pot really did cure cancer then we could say anything and they'd have to buy it if it were true or not. Psilocibin probably does cure migraines but there would be no hurt in making up stories about everything on the schedule 1 list and freeing all the drugs. Angel dust might be good for a sprained ankle or maybe not, ride the boat and find out for yourself.