What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why all the hate with Autoflowers?

angelgoob

Indoors? to breed them so you can get seeds for outdoor.

hehehe. Nah but seriously you need afast harvest and have light.

hey I was just thinking out loud. i thought to erase it, but i didn't want to.

and yes Oh breed for environment. that's sexy to do that! I want to stress. I want the mehtylation of histones. Eustress. changing. best fit. in built.

DjKinetics

Not understanding the logic in autoflowers that dont contain ruderalis genes arguement, if that was the case then why dont breeders just use those to create autflowering strains?
I was under the impression the main reason ruderalis was used in the first place was to get the autoflowering trait from it....
Anyways guess this is what happens when you oppress a plant and real research for a century.

I had a few people ask me why I said this. Because without some ruderalis genes introduced, plants will be controlled by photoperiod. Just because you weren't told you have ruderalis genes doesn't mean you can't have ruderalis genes. :moon:

Then why do many "autos" veg for 3 weeks and never flower til given 4 hours of dark? Some producers are even recommending it now to save face but won't admit they are early indica genes.

Looks to me that indica is the bastard child of ancient Sativa-ruderalis breeding.

brock1

420giveaway
Their like fem seeds. Everyone hates them 1 minute because they are sheep without a educated leader. Next their great and everyone needs one in their grow room lol

pinkus

Veteran
Then why do many "autos" veg for 3 weeks and never flower til given 4 hours of dark? Some producers are even recommending it now to save face but won't admit they are early indica genes.

Looks to me that indica is the bastard child of ancient Sativa-ruderalis breeding.

If it needs a dark period, its not really auto.

DjKinetics

Alot of breeders also dont disclose their entire genetic lineage imo
Some of those 'early' strains probably have ruderalis in the mix especially if within a pack even a certain percantage auto flower and they just dont list it because of the old stigma about ruderalis or for whatever concinvable reason.
If it auto flowers it has ruderalis genetics thats plain and simple.theres a difference between selecting for early maturing,early flowering and autoflowering.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it needs a dark period, its not really auto.

Dark period does allow autos to uptake nutrients (as indoors), however grown in the wild in areas of midnight sun, no need. Having lights on 24/0....not measurable difference than at 18/6.

pinkus

Veteran
Dark period does allow autos to uptake nutrients (as indoors), however grown in the wild in areas of midnight sun, no need. Having lights on 24/0....not measurable difference than at 18/6.

I was talking definitions. If it is photo period dependant to flower, it's a photo period controlled plant.

angelgoob

Since you're all in here use coco mixed with something nutritious or something with a lot of perlite, don't burn them.

Just put a zone of it on there. A seedling root zone.

I just saw that one guy saying you couldn't control it. that's one aspect. you can't veg forever.