What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why all the hate with Autoflowers?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I found a few plants with auto tendencies in the Blueberry lines from DJ.

Very interesting. DJ's lines have the most unique variations, always something special if you look hard enough.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Very interesting. DJ's lines have the most unique variations, always something special if you look hard enough.

Yep, seen it a few times. Definitely "blue" type strains have some quirks.

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Yep, seen it a few times. Definitely "blue" type strains have some quirks.

yes that what i sey and no ruderalis in them!
DJ shorts,Blueberry lines/strains are great to use for making great early strains
(i like to use them in mine LBH guerilla/early outdoor lines/strains and mine autoflowering lines/strains) and they bring great unique fruity and candy taste in the lines

here some pictures of
LBH's autoflowering Blue Lines
so a bit DJ.s BlueBerry x LBH,s Autoflowering Haze#2 in the mix
(grown by some different testers from AFN)

LBH's auto Blue Cobra Haze
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(autoflowering Blue Haze X Ace purple Panama Haze
(topped and in pot outdoor garden Holland)
picture.php

pinkus

Veteran
If it's autoflowering, it had ruderalis genes.

I had a few people ask me why I said this. Because without some ruderalis genes introduced, plants will be controlled by photoperiod. Just because you weren't told you have ruderalis genes doesn't mean you can't have ruderalis genes. :moon:

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a few people ask me why I said this. Because without some ruderalis genes introduced, plants will be controlled by photoperiod. Just because you weren't told you have ruderalis genes doesn't mean you can't have ruderalis genes. :moon:
yes like i tolt you thank you for learning us this that its only ruderalis that give autoflowering tendensis.
im sure you know best that DJ short uses ruderalis making the Blueberry lines...
im sure the pure landrace Thai that autoflower have Ruderalis to in them too .... Thailand had import meabey the hungarian Ruderalis to make there landrace Thai... how can it be autoflowering otherwhise....

ore in this part of the planet the hours of light do not change much between winter and summer and are some Thai (cannabis) sort of autoflowering not like the autoflowering low ryder type but it flowers wen they are taller and start to flowering ath some age ore hight...rootbount).... but wat do i know .....
and technically it is possible to grow cannabis all year round in Thailand so why wont some have autoflowering tendencies ....(bigger longer auto than lowryder)
look ath the light hours in that part of the world.. just thinking.. keep a open mind on things.

im sure i can make a autoflower from non ruderalis by selecting many generations indoor by moving dark time each week a bit breed the ones that starts to flower early with those seeds rapid it each generation the fastes that start flowering .
it takes time but with real breeding and some time you can do a lot and lot of plants for selecting.
i do it already with early guerilla strain each year each generation selecting de best and early ones .. this is we dont see no more in the seedbank world only F1 crosses select a pheno/cutting and call it a strain no real breeding no more.

sorry for my bad english. its hard for me to explane it .

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

True dat!

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
True dat!
indeed meabey al cannabis came from the ruderalis ore interbreed sindse begin wen they cannbis spread around the world

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you saying you believe DJ blueberry has ruderalis in it?

Does mighty mite have rud in it?

Most Mighty Mite is a Himalayan x Ruderalis, hence short flowering and rapid harvest.

Strain Lineage / Genealogy
Mighty Mite »»» Himalaya x Ruderalis

I believe DJ's work has morphed and at times, strange leaf patterns & autoflower tendencies in some.

angelgoob

Might mite and...there's one other one like dog..dog something. No, wait gorilla gold!

The leaves getting super green and bubbling is with autos and i've also seen in in people's pics on blueberry, and blueberry is fast. Though it was sativa though then bred with an indica?

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Might mite and...there's one other one like dog..dog something. No, wait gorilla gold!

picture.php

The leaves getting super green and bubbling is with autos and i've also seen in in people's pics on blueberry, and blueberry is fast. Though it was sativa though then bred with an indica?

Hi angelgoob !

More seriously, you can find fast flowering indicas as fast sativas and long flowering sativas as long indicas .

Blueberry is sometimes called a "false indica" for its pedigree.

Knowing the origins of DJ short blue lines was ol'growers' homework from 15 years ago . So it is easy to find full history :

https://blog.seedsman.com/the-origins-of-blueberry-cannabis-strain/

You will see, this article is a little bit old as dutch passion doesn't sell the blue line anymore excepting the blueberry strain .

IMHO Skywalker from DP was one of the best blueberry hybrids (crossed with mazar, end of line for few years now) realised on the market. ( and once again this is just MyHumbleOpinion and only from what I've tried )

Hope it helps . Enjoy your read !
:tiphat:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
what about sensis ruderalis indica and - skunk, they existed in the '90 ... and still do..
who else grew it ?

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what about sensis ruderalis indica and - skunk, they existed in the '90 ... and still do..
who else grew it ?

:biggrin:
Original post : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=1238431&postcount=204

Ruderalis Indica from 2007 showing purple pistils. ( I don't have control on the size of the picts, they come from a deleted older account )

5320out4043.jpg

5320out4045.jpg

5320out4047.jpg

This one was started a litlle bit late, so the autoflowering traits were not so obvious . The taste was awfull . Very sensitive to mold .

By the way, I have heard good things about sensi seeds actual autoflos from 3 different sources growers and smokers (big bud auto / hindu kush auto ) . And bad things about their germination rate and genetics from retailers . Quite paradoxal .

:tiphat:

who else grew it ?

I grew five Sensi's Ruderalis Indica about a dozen years ago, and none auto flowered. They were planted in early June, and never even began to flower before the frost took them in September.

They performed no differently than other photoperiod strains at my latitude, 61 degrees N.

I threw out the other five seeds. I have no use for Ruderalis in a strain, if it's not going to convey the auto-flowering gene.

Nancee

Autoflowers are more for outdoor grows is mine opinion !
that why i select years for noordic outdoor and stable it .
so i can crow almost pure haze/sativa plants outdoor here in Amsterdam and finish long before rainy and cold september .
indoor i use proven klones dont understand why autoflowering indoor?...

LBH noordic guerilla outdoor grow

View Image
View Image
View Image

View Image
View Image

These are some of the best autos I have seen!! We'll done!