What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sat Trim machine

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
sorry to hear that ichabod

No big deal, I just avoid gluten. It is a genetic thing called celiacs and a lot of people have it, just to differing degrees. Some never have a problem with it, but some like me nearly die because they don't know.

The stats are that about one in a hundred ten have it.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
used a sat trim on some outdoor product this & last week, did a great job even on a 100 ft ext cord

M

Mr frost

i have used several different machines not the sat but i would chose a crew of hand trimmers over a machine n e day but that just my opinion

a420head

The only point that I'm afraid of with machines is that those would knock off most of the trichomes. Maybe thats not an issue for big time growers.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
like i said, this machine is for big growers.
might knock some trichs off the outside of buds, but they are filled w trichs.
and it catches and separates all that it knocks off, so it was worth it.

lvtokerr

can the sat separate kief from wet trimmed buds? Is the left over trim kiefless? what do you do with all your left over trim? is the trim good enough to make amber shatter?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sattrim separates your wet trim cut from wet buds into diff. grades of trimm, last and finest being nearly pure keif. the trim left in the other 2 bags is good enough to make nearly any concentrate you would like to, altho it is finely chopped which will allow more chlorophyl & plant waxes to enter the concentrate

username474

Hey Avi, I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on getting a Satellite. I have a few questions I am hoping you could answer. Do you have an estimate or a guesstamate on how long it take to run a #10 harvest through, if I was to do it all by my self? Also, typically I pull around 10 dry when I hand trim, do think I will lose a lot weight by running through the Sat? Thanks for any insight man.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont think u will loose weight at all from trimming w sat trim...

how long it takes depends on how quick u alone can chuck fans leaves and de stalk buds....

honestly
i've never took a harvy down all by myself w the machine, several times me & one helper took down 8 llights it took us 3 days of 5- 8 hour work days, working leisurely, not rushed at all & then went to a 4 light per 4 week harvy cylce. the 4 light harveys we pulled in a day but that was working not-as-leisurely.
8 lite harveys were prolly 10 ish lbs, the 4 lighters were 6 ish as i got things more dialed in that space,

hope that helps 474.... keep in touch if u get one..... post another review, not many peeps have used it....

dutch touch (the aptus guy on here) said he is considering getting one...

username474

Thanks man. I was more worried about loss of weight then time any ways. I know with out question it beats hand trimming in that regard. I will definitely post a review in this thread if it's cool with you. Thanks again

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
def cool with me if u share here
that goes for any other user w experience with this machine, post it here!

D

DHF

Gotta say that looks like an awesome lil handheld vacu-trim unit Avi.....but....

What comes with it for that $1250 pricetag.....I hope everything and then some , but most likely not......regardless....

I see potential for the smaller cropper that won`t haveta buck and remove limbs AND nugs/colas to go through bigger trimmers before being put on dryin racks.....

Yas can trim limbs and hang em to dry and hold their shape versus put in drying racks and flatten out strain dependent of course.....and hey Bro or anyone......

Who`s got a link to those " zippable " multi-level drying racks with straps and eye hooks on both ends so yas can flip the mesh bag racks with nugs and keep em from flattenin out so much during said drying process...........anyways.....

Wand trimmer FTW , but ouch on da price for smaller guys though absorbable , but totally in budget for mid size and up growers with increased plant number setups.......and definitely.....

Beats fiskar`s fo sho and even other handheld trimmers like bonsai hero`s......

Good shit Avi.....Thanks for the input , and.....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya, it aint cheap, but i know these guys & their work ethic....
what you are paying for (IMVHO) is well thought out design and parts.... all made in america.
I dont have a problem paying for good design and local product (made all Denver)

I prolly don't NEED it.... but for professional trimmers.... or peeps taking down 10 + lites at a time. shit if i was (still) one of those peeps hiring a CREW to trim for me, i'd get a couple. to speed things up.

altho this wander trimmer (that i havent used or seen in action YET) is made for smaller size harvy than the rotary style barrel trimmers (like the sattellite), my earlier point about these machines becoming very worth it once u hit a certain level of prodution.
1200$ sounds like alot of money, but to people paying a crew of trimmers for a week or more.... seems much more cost feasible.
im guessing this is sounding familiar to some people.

ALSO
the main concern/complaint with rotary barrel style trim machines is that the tumbling action of the buds inside the barrel "beats up", "mutilates", "bruises", and generally beats up trichs & damages buds.

wand style trimmer should speed up trimming (main goal) while not beating up buds inside a barrel, and being brushed by fingers (main concern/complaint)

hoping to try it out in a few hours.

assuming it works well, I'll have to look at other handheld auto-trimmers like bonsai hero and compare it to them....

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
looking forward to the review.

Similar style to the aardvark that's been around for a while.

Personally I think it looks a little too involved for what it does. Shopvac noise, adjusting suction power, adjusting wand speed, still need to buck.. still need to manipulate around the bud sites as one does with scissors. Don't see it saving that much time. My OCD ass would be constantly playing with the dials instead of getting shit done.

Doesnt seem like it'd be that more ideal then scissors.. Especially if you've got to constantly be cleaning the wand.

For the time he spent on that one colas it seems as though he could have just scissored the protruding tips off at the same pace.

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it Avinash

username474

I finished my first run with the Sat trimmer last night and it came out better then
I even hoped for. Avi's review was the only review I really trusted, I saw their own
demonstration on youtube and saw how the results could have been minupulated
but, also felt comfortable with there design. I was still really apprehensive before getting
the thing but, glad I did now.

Some strains might not do that well in it but, everything I run did great. I grow budsicles
and take fans starting mid week 5. I was able to prep a load while I was running a load
and saved a ridicules amount of time. The first few lights I left things a little rough just to
be on the safe side. After I while I became more comfortable to let the Sat do it's thanng.

Pro's

Saved huge amount of time and energy

Peace of mind, not having to hire trimmers, cuts out a lot of worse case scenarios from a
security stand point.

Easily and discretely packed up and moved.

Con's

Cleaning it is a pain but, will get better technique

Using racks to dry but, I think I am going to find some screen that will allow me to pop
the steam right into the screen and dry the bud so it is facing north to south. I will see
if it is possible( going to try at least)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
working on it right now, pretty cool, im too sticky & busy to give proper write up now.... soon come.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I finished my first run with the Sat trimmer last night and it came out better then
I even hoped for. Avi's review was the only review I really trusted, I saw their own
demonstration on youtube and saw how the results could have been minupulated
but, also felt comfortable with there design. I was still really apprehensive before getting
the thing but, glad I did now.

Some strains might not do that well in it but, everything I run did great. I grow budsicles
and take fans starting mid week 5. I was able to prep a load while I was running a load
and saved a ridicules amount of time. The first few lights I left things a little rough just to
be on the safe side. After I while I became more comfortable to let the Sat do it's thanng.

Pro's

Saved huge amount of time and energy

Peace of mind, not having to hire trimmers, cuts out a lot of worse case scenarios from a
security stand point.

Easily and discretely packed up and moved.

Con's

Cleaning it is a pain but, will get better technique

Using racks to dry but, I think I am going to find some screen that will allow me to pop
the steam right into the screen and dry the bud so it is facing north to south. I will see
if it is possible( going to try at least)

glad u like it, i certainly enjoy using, also glad my write up helped.

:thank you: