What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Hempy style.

SNiPerXP

So you fill up the bottom 2 inches of the bucket with perlite, and the rest with coco, and just water until runoff comes out of the side. I'm assuming this means there is a good 2 inches of water sitting at the bottom of the container in the perlite. Won't this water go bad?

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Nope, that's the basis of the Hempy Bucket. A small reservoir at the bottom to sustain your plant for a few days longer than if they were watered with drainage at the bottom of the container. It's a mini built in res, and gets used up before it has a chance to go bad.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Nope, that's the basis of the Hempy Bucket. A small reservoir at the bottom to sustain your plant for a few days longer than if they were watered with drainage at the bottom of the container. It's a mini built in res, and gets used up before it has a chance to go bad.

Spot on.. :yeahthats

rockbud

Does the 2 inches of perlite eliminate the need for 10% run off, so salt doesn't build up in the coco? It seems like excess salts would all drain down to the perlite and then get drunk up by the plant. Make sense?

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
When I last grew I watered them until the bottom was full and water started coming out the drainage hole. An extremely small amount of runoff, if any. I'm not sure if this is how everyone does it, but I did it like that, with pure perlite on the bottom 2" and then pure fine coco for the rest, and didn't have any issues with the plants.

bostrom155

When I last grew I watered them until the bottom was full and water started coming out the drainage hole. An extremely small amount of runoff, if any. I'm not sure if this is how everyone does it, but I did it like that, with pure perlite on the bottom 2" and then pure fine coco for the rest, and didn't have any issues with the plants.

Just caught the C99 bx1, i just ordered a pack a few days ago. Good luck GMG

bostrom155

Hello everybody, not much going on here. Just trying to fill about 30 5G buckets of Perlite and coco.:nono:
I went to the local nursery where i buy my 4CF bags of perlite. They had some bio bizz coco for 20 so i got a bag. i bought a bag about a month ago, the lady asks me "how are you using the coco" and i said " i just mix it with the perlite and water the garden daily." she said "oh!". I am definitely reusing my mix, im done buying perlite.lol. im thinking maybe slowing adding more coco(from brick, that i order online) to the whole process.

pinkskunk

i transplanted 3 plants from 2ltr pots of pure coco to 5gal hempy buckets 5days ago and i cant wipe the smile off my face,it is the simplest method iv come across,im thinking im gonna flip them to flower in two more days,running three strains and all are loving the hempy! i do have a question, when i should start feeding bloom nutes cause my last run with cocoi was hand watering and i had bad N deficiency most of the way through,dont wanna have this happen again.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
hey this is nice-i could use a set up that allows me to be away for a couple of days-
i'm going to try ba couple
cheers DHempy and everyone who contributed

eddieS

Lack

Hi Hempy!!! My friend I thank you for coming up with the hempy buckets! I've been growing some absolutely killer plants in perlite hempy's for awhile now and am now switching to your coco hempy buckets. I have three of em goin now and am stoked to see how well they do compared to the straight perlite ones I'm used to. I found your Hempy method and never looked back, it's such a simple way to have an amazing grow. I just love it!!

Take care Hempy, Long life and great weed! :trampoline:

D

Dalaihempy

Hempy, I'm curious why the rectangular trough space saver method with 4 plants isn't used instead of the round pots. This guy put the hole 3/4th of an inch up rather than 2 inches.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=145607

Hi LD well you can do it that way but my self i would rather grow larger plants on top of that if your growing seed you have to expect males to show also mate lot less drama to remove a male from its own bucket than a male with in a bucket or tub that is growing with other plants.

Basicly im giveing every one a formula i my self use a formula i have fine tuned over time that includes bucket shape and size / volume and internal rez size now its up to every one else to what they do with it they want to follow it fine they want to put a spin on it fine to mate.

D

Dalaihempy

This question is for hempy, he must have missed it :whistling:

Hi dis i did sorry well it verys from room temps to size of plants in short you just need to watch and let the plants tell you with these ones i started in this post first few weeks every 4 days was fine now i water daily if i dont and push to every secound day the plants have sucked the medium dry in short im pushing the line to wilting but its been warm also and plants are big so i would have to gestimate or estimate every 2 days i would water if your plants are huge water with nutrient rich water daily.

But it comes down to how big your plants are as they feed and take up what they need they will suck your buckets dry will up date pics in the next few days to show you all were things are at one plant i had to infact lop as she was trained side ways left and right and was at around 9 to 10 ft tall if she was straght up and yet not into flower yet just showing sex 2 are yet to infact show sex heading into week 5 i belive 50% haze to but amazing looking plants thinking do i cull and run there clones not sure yet will see what they do in the next week.

pinkskunk

hey hempy iv just flipped my girls yesterday and wondering when you think i should start feedink bloom nutes? your thaughts would be apreciated greatly!

D

Dalaihempy

hey hempy iv just flipped my girls yesterday and wondering when you think i should start feedink bloom nutes? your thaughts would be apreciated greatly!

hi pink i would start now just woundering what line or lines your running.

D

Dalaihempy

hi all okay here is an up date pics are taken with lites on so best i could do with hps on but gives an idear of the size and health of the plants going into week 5 of flower and 2 of the 3 mh f2s are yet to show sex 1 of the 2 im thinking it could be a male and hopeing it is as it is huge and very resiny to tuch but will let them go a few more days to a week max before i make up my mind to cull and re run the fems from clones and add more seed or if i will just keep running them.

This is the one im thinking could be a male.

Attachments

• Cnv0056.jpg
    Cnv0056.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Cnv0051.jpg
    Cnv0051.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Cnv0052.jpg
    Cnv0052.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Cnv0053.jpg
    Cnv0053.jpg