What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CannaRed's first grow diary

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Hey guys. Never logged a grow diary before, and I just popped some seeds, so I thought it was time.

Starting off the seeds inside.
Some will go outside, some in a closet grow.

Here is what I popped:
10 Purple Satellites (standard) from Vermontman ordered from Ace

6 Bangi Haze from Ace

And 4 Nl5 x Haze that I got off of a Facebook group. (Probably not real)

I germinated seeds in damp paper towels on April 25th.

On April 30th all seeds had germinated except one P.S. and I placed them in tiny pots of Salamander Soil.
The pots were placed in an old school Phototron, that I use for different things: sprouting, cloning, blooming a male, or usually just a quarantine.

Two days later the final P.S. germinated and it to was placed in tiny pot.

Yesterday all 20 seeds sprouted thru the soil.

Today it looks like this:
picture.php

I'm very excited because these will be my first time growing pure or mostly sativas.

Not sure when or exactly where each will be grown.
Inside I have small 2.5' x 3.5' Chambers. Two for veg about 3' tall each.
One has 125w CFLs, the other has a 165w at wall California Lightworks veg LED.

My bloom chamber is 7' tall and is lit by a 600w aircooled HPS.

Other strains Im currently running:
Tiger Beat - from seedsherenow by The Seed Kompany
Skunk Special - from gifted clone
GSC - from gifted clone
PurpAl (my purple bagseed)
An unknown volunteer. Probably fathered by a quantum Kush male

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'll pull up a seat and tag along. Awesome strains.

Thanks for following along.

Forgot a few strains.

I also popped 4 seeds of High Voltage from The Seed Kompany
And 4 seeds of the offspring of my Purpal and my Quantum Kush male( I think..)

Also have a nice Northern Lights cut that I got from a buddy. His mom brought him seeds back from Amsterdam. She said from Robert Bergman.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Here some pics.

Here's the seedlings coming along.
picture.php

Here is the lower veg chamber. Clone dome in back.
picture.php

Top chamber under LED. Horrible pic
picture.php

Chamber doors
picture.php

When you applied for our giveaway, I didn't realize you had a competing LED in your arsenal of lights. I can almost never resist a side-by-side. Would you have any interest in running your CLW light against our 84X (140W) from veg through flower? Maybe put a divider down the middle of one of your 2.5x3.5 areas?

Congrats on starting your first journal and good luck with your grow!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
When you applied for our giveaway, I didn't realize you had a competing LED in your arsenal of lights. I can almost never resist a side-by-side. Would you have any interest in running your CLW light against our 84X (140W) from veg through flower? Maybe put a divider down the middle of one of your 2.5x3.5 areas?

Congrats on starting your first journal and good luck with your grow!

I could probably do something like that.
Id have to do some work or reconfiguring.. The veg Chambers are set to veg hours and both are set on at same time. The Chambers are not light tight. i.e. light from top chamber reaches lower and vice versa.
I tried to bloom in the top chamber once a while back, but reflected light coming thru (the space for airflow) from bottom chamber wouldn't allow it.

Let me think about what I can do. I would need another veg area to keep cuts or mom's I don't want to lose.

DrDee

Hi Red,
I'm a sativa fan as well. Have some Kali Mist and Golden Tiger seedlings growing right now.

So curious to see another sat grower in action.
Cheers,
JD

I could probably do something like that.
Id have to do some work or reconfiguring.. The veg Chambers are set to veg hours and both are set on at same time. The Chambers are not light tight. i.e. light from top chamber reaches lower and vice versa.
I tried to bloom in the top chamber once a while back, but reflected light coming thru (the space for airflow) from bottom chamber wouldn't allow it.

Let me think about what I can do. I would need another veg area to keep cuts or mom's I don't want to lose.

You won our 84X be default on the light giveaway. Congrats. Send us a PM or email and we'll tell you what we need to get it out to you. :biggrin:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Hi Red,
I'm a sativa fan as well. Have some Kali Mist and Golden Tiger seedlings growing right now.

So curious to see another sat grower in action.
Cheers,
JD
DrD,
These are my first pure sativas. I'm very interested to learn the difference in growth and feeding habits.
I have never even smoked high grade sativa! Sad but true. I'm sure I probably smoked some Mexi brick sativa leaning hybrids in the 90's, but I want to try this "stimulating, non couch lock" herb

DrDee

DrD,
These are my first pure sativas. I'm very interested to learn the difference in growth and feeding habits.
I have never even smoked high grade sativa! Sad but true. I'm sure I probably smoked some Mexi brick sativa leaning hybrids in the 90's, but I want to try this "stimulating, non couch lock" herb

Well I think you'll like them...especially if you have a little psychedelic/trippy nature to the high.

And congratulatiom on the test light...should be fun.
JD

DrDee

That golden tiger of yours trippy?

Mornin' Red. This is my first time growing it so I can't answer from personal experience. But it was reccomended and being quite trippy. ThaixMalawi. The big question is...will it be worth growing a 12 to 14 week strain. Never hav before.

When I received the GT seeds...there were some freebie Kali Mist seeds which are also now growing. It's supposed to be a good daytime high.

And I've been reading up on Tangwena's Malawi COB curing method which changes the nature of the high...to be more trippy and psycheelic. If I'm feeling brave at harvest time...I may tackle that.
Cheers,
JD

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Mornin' Red. This is my first time growing it so I can't answer from personal experience. But it was reccomended and being quite trippy. ThaixMalawi. The big question is...will it be worth growing a 12 to 14 week strain. Never hav before.
When I received the GT seeds...there were some freebie Kali Mist seeds which are also now growing. It's supposed to be a good daytime high.

And I've been reading up on Tangwena's Malawi COB curing method which changes the nature of the high...to be more trippy and psycheelic. If I'm feeling brave at harvest time...I may tackle that.
Cheers,
JD

I've made a few cobs. I'm definitely not good at it. The last cob looked the best, but the high wasn't any different.
Tang said northern lights isn't the correct strain to do it with.
So, I'm gonna try again with these pure sativas.

DrDee

I've made a few cobs. I'm definitely not good at it. The last cob looked the best, but the high wasn't any different.
Tang said northern lights isn't the correct strain to do it with.
So, I'm gonna try again with these pure sativas.

Red,

I remember that from over on Tang's thread. He maintains that certain strains are really enhanced. Zemaldica and of course Malawi landrace. Plus other sats.

Was there any benefit to doing it with the Indica? Faster cure? Smoother taste?

JD

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Red,

I remember that from over on Tang's thread. He maintains that certain strains are really enhanced. Zemaldica and of course Malawi landrace. Plus other sats.

Was there any benefit to doing it with the Indica? Faster cure? Smoother taste?

JD

Not really a benefit. It just made it different. Different taste, different smell, different look.

Sometimes It seems to turn my high grade into mid grade. Other times it just changes it, not better, not worse.

I'll try again and see what I can do with different strains.

G

GatorGumbo

I drag out drying and cure for as long as possible in constant darkness at 65F to get my best results. Gotta tend it every day, but I can easily get them exactly where I want them pretty much by nose now. I also leave my cure jars on their sides so the bottom don't get as suffocated and invite mold.

I think cob curing when done right is supposed to be a better burn and a more mellow high when it comes to the racy African sativas that it's historically used for. Not sure I would use it on everything, but I've never done it at all. I know some people rave about it and I would like to try it one day.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Cool. I tried to go to your website to check on specs, but it doesn't like my phone browser. So excited to check it out.