What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P Notre Dame Cathedral

Badfishy1

That was a selfie I took a few years ago. :tiphat:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/world/europe/why-notre-dame-fire-spread.html

Article at NY Times. I think if you give them your email you get a few articles for free.

View Image

It looks like there's something left. I have a feeling they'll be able to restore it.

Was the Crown of Thorns they saved THE crown of thorns ?

How can they track something like that over 1000's of years ...

It was THE Crown of Thorns... in light of recent events, it’s now apparent Phylos cloned it. So it’s actually new and improved because it’s pest free, but it’s THE Crown of Thorns

shithawk420

Veteran
It only takes 1 spark from welder arc to light the place up....hundreds year old wood. Easy tinder to catch fire. Doubtful any drones....it was a mistake.

I'm not saying it was arson.im just saying hypothetically if it was,what do you think would happen? It would be war. You can't say it wouldn't be cause you know it would

Badfishy1

I'm not saying it was arson.im just saying hypothetically if it was,what do you think would happen? It would be war. You can't say it wouldn't be cause you know it would

War? With who? France, the ‘owners’ of Notre Dame? Have you seen the specs on the new French tank? It’s a 7 speed transmission, all reverse.

Sunshineinabag

Regardless of it being an accident or not, the tweets being sent out about how awesome the fore was and having solidarity with the fire? Some folks just need to eat uranium!

shithawk420

Veteran
You know damn well if it was arson it was probably muslims.you just wanted to make me say it.i didn't mean traditional military war.i meant Catholics against muslims.pretty fucking obvious

Sunshineinabag

One thing I've noticed from studying history is when one group takes over another groups town or religious centers ....one of the first things they do is destroy the conquered groups religious idols and sanctuarys....places of worship.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That was a selfie I took a few years ago. :tiphat:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/world/europe/why-notre-dame-fire-spread.html

Article at NY Times. I think if you give them your email you get a few articles for free.

View Image

It looks like there's something left. I have a feeling they'll be able to restore it.

Was the Crown of Thorns they saved THE crown of thorns ?

How can they track something like that over 1000's of years ...

I believe it’s not the full crown but a few thorns from the crown of thorns at the crucifixion of Christ and then moulded into a crown but not a 100% about the moulded crown bit,,
A monk in the 14th century brought it to France,,, s2

W

Water-

, etc.
Well when they re-build it,

they should adapt to the times and install some ventilation pipes so people can light up.

Have a Cannabis Liturgical and instead of burning frankincense, burn some THC crystallized mighty fine herb.

View Image

Also those church seats, all wood, can be a little uncomfortable.

How about having a section of the church with LaZBoy recliners ?

or they could adapt to the times and realize their God is a fairy tale and stop wearing silly costumes.

spend the money on the poor or dealing with the migrant issue or their peadophile issue etc. and not restoring a monument to the most demented organization in history : the catholic church

where do you think they got the money to build the thing in the first place?

by oppressing and abusing people

igrowone

Veteran
, etc.

or they could adapt to the times and realize their God is a fairy tale and stop wearing silly costumes.

spend the money on the poor or dealing with the migrant issue or their peadophile issue etc. and not restoring a monument to the most demented organization in history" : the catholic church

if only it was the singular most demented
but it's just part of humanity's mass dementia, lots of other case histories
it is one of the richest organizations, and money makes for a big footprint

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hmmm - sad, Notre Dame got flamed - a real bastion of European Christendom - already certain eastern forces are claiming some sort of involvement - but could possibly just be a sloppy welder - maybe they will be able to figure it out - someday.

The rebuilding fund gives the mega-wealthy a chance to throw their money at something they might get noticed for as doing a good thing - and Notre Dame is/was a beautiful piece of historical architectural engineering - hopefully something as good can rise from the ashes.

Lyfespan

Hmmm - sad, Notre Dame got flamed - a real bastion of European Christendom - already certain eastern forces are claiming some sort of involvement - but could possibly just be a sloppy welder - maybe they will be able to figure it out - someday.

The rebuilding fund gives the mega-wealthy a chance to throw their money at something they might get noticed for as doing a good thing - and Notre Dame is/was a beautiful piece of historical architectural engineering - hopefully something as good can rise from the ashes.

makes you wonder with all the church pay offs lately if this isn't just a divine message, don't get me wrong i love art and culture. but that building has been home to more sin than is even imaginable, not to mention the entire catholic show.

W

Water-

It was no doubt a grand piece of architecture and history and a great loss to the whole world in those terms.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know damn well if it was arson it was probably muslims.you just wanted to make me say it.i didn't mean traditional military war.i meant Catholics against muslims.pretty fucking obvious
What is obvious to me is that those peeps are already at war against each other for like 1200 years...and it have nothing to do with the actual topic of this thread.:)

Badfishy1

, etc.

spend the money on the poor or dealing with the migrant issue or their peadophile issue etc. and not restoring a monument to the most demented organization in history : the catholic church

where do you think they got the money to build the thing in the first place?

by oppressing and abusing people

Except Notre Dame is owned by the French Govt. Always amazing how shitting on the Catholic Church for their peadophilia is the ‘cool’ thing to do, but bringing up the chosen ones pedophilic blood sucking ritualistic ‘sacrament’ is anti-Semitic

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
News reports indicate electrical short circuit as the cause (human error)....understandable. Only takes 1 spark to set old wood a flame.

Latest posts

Latest posts