What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's new hidey hole — I'm growing for one, now!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yep. I have four little Bubba Hash seedlings that will be going in here next. :)

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'm sure you've read it a bunch already, but you have some phenomenal canopy management going on. :tiphat:

Aw, thanks! I do try. Sometimes too hard.

Bubba Hash! :woohoo: So stoked for this one, will you be using the 2x2 or 3x3 for these?

The 3x3. They're currently in the 2x2 vegging, but yeah as soon as I reset the 3x3 tent they're going in there. The 2x2 on the other hand... I don't know. I was going to do some Panama, but now I'm thinking I might want to go ahead and see what the GT x HB seeds give me. I'm a little excited about those. But I don't know, I might still do Panama. I'm rolling it around my head in the meantime.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Wow. So jealous!

You can do it too, my friend. There's nothing special going on here. That's kind of the unspoken theme of my gardens... this is how you grow with simplicity, minimalism, and perpetuity in mind. I'm basically showing everyone what you can accomplish even when you are lazy and can't/won't devote lots of time to your gardens.

FHsT4zY.gif

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Looks real nice...!!!...

Do you think it is worth the 90 day flowering???

It wouldn't be fair to answer that without giving it a good try first. The sampler I had wasn't enough to make an assessment. But assuming the high is satisfactory, I would have to say yes it's probably worth it, because the yield looks to be better than average, and it was relatively fuss-free. I find that the high from these sativa plants is more long-lasting than shorter-flowering plants, and they always seem to have no ceiling to them. So if that was factored into the end result, I think more people would do the long-flowering varieties. I've been vaping Golden Tiger every day, exclusively, for several weeks now, and it still only requires the same small amount to get me where I need to be that it took me the very first time I vaped it. But I've noticed with many of the common varieties out there that by the end of the jar I've had to increase the amount per session to get properly medicated.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I decided on what's next for my 2x2 tent... I'm gonna get back to my Kush x NL stabilization project. A while back I grew out some KxNL by Peak Seeds BC and the end result was awesome, but things I hybridized with it tended to have intersex traits. So I decided to make F2 seeds and start doing some selecting. I once took these genetics to F3 but didn't like the end result, so I'm back at the F2 stage. I've planted 21 seeds. Let's see what pops up.

Zp9jqSi.jpg

unnamedmike

I decided on what's next for my 2x2 tent... I'm gonna get back to my Kush x NL stabilization project. A while back I grew out some KxNL by Peak Seeds BC and the end result was awesome, but things I hybridized with it tended to have intersex traits. So I decided to make F2 seeds and start doing some selecting. I once took these genetics to F3 but didn't like the end result, so I'm back at the F2 stage. I've planted 21 seeds. Let's see what pops up.

View Image

i like a lot your tray idea, thanks for share, im gonna copy the design :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
i like a lot your tray idea, thanks for share, im gonna copy the design :tiphat:

I'm not sure what exactly about it is mine, though! :biggrin: I mean, I just put my insert inside of a nursery flat so that the rockwool cubes wouldn't drip water all over my table, lol. In truth, what will happen is that insert will be placed directly on the flood table once the seeds have sprouted. Then, I will thin them down and transplant the keepers into 4 inch cubes.

unnamedmike

I'm not sure what exactly about it is mine, though! :biggrin: I mean, I just put my insert inside of a nursery flat so that the rockwool cubes wouldn't drip water all over my table, lol. In truth, what will happen is that insert will be placed directly on the flood table once the seeds have sprouted. Then, I will thin them down and transplant the keepers into 4 inch cubes.

Yesterday I spent 2 hours nailing cuttings in cococoir and making holes in 2oz party cups, I would pay to have seen your photo yesterday :biggrin:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Update on the 2x2. I germinated 21 seeds of Kush x NL from the F2 batch, whittled the number of seedlings down to these 12, and here we go. I am looking for a specific pheno that reminds me of the original F1. I want to find at least one male and one female of it. That's the plan, anyway. Let it begin!

JWGM6gf.jpg

nickman

Veteran
Very nice, so how did you select what seedlings to get rid of? Just the slower ones?
Or did you go by the leaves?

I’ll be tagging along .

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Very nice, so how did you select what seedlings to get rid of? Just the slower ones?
Or did you go by the leaves?

I’ll be tagging along .

Good questions! Some of the whittling was due to factors like the seedling being unable to shed the seed hull, and the seedling stretching too much for light... but yes, some of the selecting was based on leaf shapes. Having grown out a few batches of these F2's, I'm now aware of the common phenotypes and what they look like from day one. There is a phenotype that stretches tall and has huge internode gaps from day 1 seedling stage, which I guess/think are Northern Lights leaners. All I know is that when they get to flowering they aren't very productive. The other common phenotype is a BC Kush leaner, with super fat leaves, some exhibiting purpling from the cotyledons all the way to harvest, and the difference between these two types is stark, right from the beginning. So I'm basically doing my part to get those stretchy guys out of the way. What I'm hoping to accomplish, in the end, is to get a reasonably stable batch of seeds that spit out this squat, stinky, maybe even purple phenotype as the default.

hL542Ij.jpg

There's something about the BC Kush that I prefer over the typical "American" kushes, like OG and so forth. There's more depth to the high. But pure BC Kush is a bit hermaphroditic (as was noticed in the original F1 seeds that I grew out), so I'm hoping to stabilize the line a little bit and select for that kushiness.

Latest posts

Latest posts