What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hey, what's in this stuff anyway?

shaggyballs

Veteran

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
It's strange AFAIK there is for example no agrochemical/pesticide registered/allowed for the use on hemp (industrial hemp) over here in Europe. The simple reason: hemp doesn't need any! If it does, you're doing it wrong ;) .
IMHO chemicals should be listed no matter what. Over here, most agrochemicals aren't allowed for private use. Only farmers are allowed to use them because they are familiar with the approved max. residual contents and their produce is routinely tested for residues. With cannabis, there are just too many who know shit and who care shit as long as their product looks like da shit (or something like that). But me, I'm against growth retardants and other agrochemicals if they are A) used for products to be sold to the public and B) contained in products bought by people who can't even spell the word argocheminals errr... If someone wants to use chemicals on his own stuff and knows what he does (and even more so how much and when he does what), then it's his responsibility and his health.

Besides, every time they test foods in small Thai and China shops which directly import from down there, about 1/3 contains stuff prohibited for decades, often surpassing the tolerated limits by factors of over a hundred, and mixes of dozens of chemicals which lack any sense. I loved to go shopping there and try weird and foreign stuff but nowadays, after reading a few lab reports....

shaggyballs

Veteran
Well we have seen a bunch of products removed from the shelves recently.
What is the lates news on these products?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Southern Agriculture Insecticides, Inc. Triple Action Neem Oil Broad Spectrum Fungicide, Insecticide, Miticide.

Stop sale on
Related to the presence of malathion, chlorpyrifos, and permethrin non-disclosed synthetic chemical pesticides.

GUARDIAN TESTED POSITIVE FOR ABEMECTIN

MIGHTY WASH TESTED POSITIVE FOR PYRETHRINS

AZATROL TESTED POSITIVE FOR: permethrin, bifenthrin, cypermethrin, cyfluthrin, and chlorphyrifos

Van de Uber Marketing and Manufacturing's Pyyro K 0-3-7 product contains paclobutrazol

Green Planet Nutrients' Mega Wash contains pyrethrin

BubbaBear

Oregon department of Agriculture just nailed 6 companies that make neem oil for having all sorts of different pesticides in them, with neem oil I'm guessing its pesticides used to grow the neem plants that's ending up in the product.

Sounds like my thread on how salicylic acid is in several quality enhancing products needs a bump.

What I'm wondering is if all these companies with undeclared secret sauce in there products are going to start omitting their secret sauce so they dont get busted by states like California ,Oregon and Washington that are testing nutrients for undeclared and banned ingredients. So are we going to be seeing products that are less effective because companies are pulling out there secret ingredients so they can get products back on the shelf or not get busted in the first place.:thinking::thinking:

shaggyballs

Veteran
. So are we going to be seeing products that are less effective because companies are pulling out there secret ingredients so they can get products back on the shelf or not get busted in the first place.:thinking::thinking:

I think we are already seeing this.
Pull the ingredient that is doing all the work and your product is far less effective for sure.
It is difficult to tell what is being used without full disclosure on the bottle.
Anything could be in there, or nothing at all.

shaggyballs

Veteran
What is in you fert bottle?
Are you feeding your plants poison without knowing it?
You may just be surprised.