What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a guerilla

Went a little overboard while clearing the area. Blackberries in my grows annoy me!!! Around the grow is fine though. Maybe we should name this plot "bait".

Update

Update

Ive just got back from an early morning mission :smokeit:, there are some heavy rains forecast for this afternoon so I thought Id take the opportunity to get a few lates out and save myself from having to water them in, or carry the water. 2 Different spots, both totally different soil and sun exposure. Both marginally in your face urban type stuff - the key being I dont expect them to get very big at all.

Here is what I have left

picture.php

These are the best of the cuts that I took when I took the photo of Bruno - Beginning of Jan. They have all been hardening off for the last few days. And since yesterday, I have started attempting to force flower them before planting out.

picture.php

And these are the 'worst' of the survivors.

picture.php

After reading through Silverbacks 60-in-60 thread (Thanks to the person who suggested the read!!!) I decided Id like to try forcing some of these cuts before I put them out ie. Reducing their light cycle to 12/12. Not wanting to a) have flowering plants in the house, b)buy anything new, c)build any type of semi/permanent structure. I settled with a black box that I close at 8pm and take off at 8am. Simple. Effective? To be seen.

Seedmaking - autos

Seedmaking - autos

Hi guys,

So here is a small auto plot that I have nearby.

Genetics Afghani x Skunk x White Dwarf
Type 80% Indica / 20% Sativa
Flowering Time 8 Weeks
Harvest 8 Weeks From Germination
THC Content 17-19%
CBD Content 0.80%
Yield 600-800 g/m2
Height 100-120cm
Taste Sweet, Spicy Undertones
Effect Very Fast Effect, Long Lasting, Relaxing Stone
Grows Indoors/Outdoors

picture.php

The 3 autos are on the right and Pineapple chunk on the left at the back. These is also a random seedling that popped up ( just in front of PC), probably one of the seeds that didn't germinate and got thrown out here.

The autos were planted late December, just over a month ago. To me they look about 2 weeks into flowering.

picture.php

I use the spot for a few reasons.
1. An indicator for the rest of the autos that I have (maturity)
2. I am attempting to make some auto seeds with cs spray
3. It gives me something to look at and helps me to not go and visit other plots too often.

I had a small pineapple chunk that I ended up throwing in there too, its growing better than I expected. This could be a security concern later if allowed, unfortunately it seems a common issue in this thread. It definitely adds an element of excitement/fear.

picture.php

The rains have ceased for now and its time to continue with the fem seedmaking, spraying the lower branches with cs.

Next tasks to do/organise (not in order)
- Plan and prepare drying locations.
- Plant out clones
- One last round of cuts to reverse(cs) and make seeds? Do we think its too late for this?

Til next time...

rexamus616

Veteran
put the roll of wire you use for cages in a fire - burn the galvanizing off. (so its a rusty colour rather than brite and silvery....)

try fish emulsion on the leaves (especially the undersides of the leaf since its harder for rain to wash it off) rabbits and wallabies dont like it....

some people recommend blood and bone, but rats, dogs, foxes and bandicoots will dig it up and harm your roots....

molasses deters rabbits too - i tried to give some to my rabbits on their pelleted food, and although they chowed straight into it, they quickly stopped and continued to shake their heads, trying to wipe the taste off their faces...

made growling noises at me too.... they were not impressed....

(we add molasses to the cows feed - to increase palatability.... obviously its not to the rabbits palate... heh)

Theres also a natural bittering agent/repellant Quassia chips (Picrasma excelsa) - boil the wood chips in water to get the crap out, then spray it on the plants you don't want herbivores to eat....

A sticking agent will help it stay on the leaf (as its water soluble and will wash off with rain) but any new growth will be unprotected.... hopefully they try a shade leaf first....

good on you for having a go....

*edit - hey are you spraying CS in the daytime? Do it at night....

budsnblunts

Veteran
Looking good man... Fingers crossed everything goes well for you... Awesome about making your own seeds to, hav you done this before ?

put the roll of wire you use for cages in a fire - burn the galvanizing off. (so its a rusty colour rather than brite and silvery....)

try fish emulsion on the leaves (especially the undersides of the leaf since its harder for rain to wash it off) rabbits and wallabies dont like it....

some people recommend blood and bone, but rats, dogs, foxes and bandicoots will dig it up and harm your roots....

molasses deters rabbits too - i tried to give some to my rabbits on their pelleted food, and although they chowed straight into it, they quickly stopped and continued to shake their heads, trying to wipe the taste off their faces...

made growling noises at me too.... they were not impressed....

(we add molasses to the cows feed - to increase palatability.... obviously its not to the rabbits palate... heh)

Theres also a natural bittering agent/repellant Quassia chips (Picrasma excelsa) - boil the wood chips in water to get the crap out, then spray it on the plants you don't want herbivores to eat....

A sticking agent will help it stay on the leaf (as its water soluble and will wash off with rain) but any new growth will be unprotected.... hopefully they try a shade leaf first....

good on you for having a go....

*edit - hey are you spraying CS in the daytime? Do it at night....

Yeah someone mentioned the camo for cages earlier. Ive heard of people burning the galvanizing off too, or green/dark spraypaint.
This will be something I do between now and next season.

I like the organic ideas for pest protection too, I have also been spraying a neem oil solution as a bittering agent but moreso for bugs than rabbits.

I do most of my work in the morning, during first light.
Why do you suggest CS at night?

Looking good man... Fingers crossed everything goes well for you... Awesome about making your own seeds to, hav you done this before ?

Thanks man, yea I've tried CS(homemade) once before, seeds were harvested immaturely.
I've learnt that not all spray bottles are created equal. The clear bottle I used to spray cs is a cheap piece of crap that Ive ended up just taking off the top and carefully putting the entire branch into the bottle instead of laboring to spray the area - bad flow.

I started applying the CS a few days ago, I expect to see the plants reacting(male flowers-pollination) around 2 weeks after that. From there we need around 30 days for seeds to mature. These are all approximate times though.

Drying locations

Drying locations

As someone who doesn't have somewhere to dry at home I adopt the 'out-hang' strategy. It's not my preferred drying method but it is necessary. I've done this before, though not perfectly executed.

Finding suitable tarps (size,colour,cost) and suitable locations (airflow,set-up, security) are areas that I will be looking to improve on this season.

budsnblunts

Veteran
I thought about building drying racks out if large branches and using bird betting as the bottoms then just stacking them on top of each other in a sheltered but where air can still get to them area.

Strolling...

Strolling...

There's a private walkway where I take my dog walking sometimes. It just happens to be across the way from one of my spots. Some binoculars and a camera mean I don't have to climb the hill or get my feet wet getting to the plants, or worry about being seen anywhere near them.

picture.php

As you can see they do stand out a little, brighter green. But they dont stick out too much atm.
There are 4 plants at this location, 3 are visible, the last is smaller and harder to spot.

Lets see how long it takes others to spot them in this pic.

Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.

B is for bait

B is for bait

So I visited the bait plot for the final time before harvest.
Here it is when I arrived.

picture.php

Here it is when I left...

picture.php

As you can see there are a couple of deficiency/under-watering issues which I'll go into later.

picture.php

I decided to stick with the original plan and take another round of clones for CS, in an attempt to keep the genetics. I'm far from confident but hopeful that I will get to harvest these girls.

picture.php

Other than that Im sure I can find somewhere in here to string up a few plants? This is near the "bait" and "hillside" plots

picture.php

Will give a more detailed update when I have time.
Peace...

Deficiency diagnosis

Deficiency diagnosis

picture.php

picture.php

This is a Pineapple chunk - as this receives water only when it rains it Im putting it down underwatering, because I could see that this plant really wanted to GROW! With regular waterings I reckon this plant would be mean! As it is... it is what it is... any other diagnosis?

And then there's the Frisian Dew

picture.php

Any Ideas? Under-watering too?

The State of the "Bait"

The State of the "Bait"

There was much to be said of this spot, I have learned alot about each strain at this site. My set-up and execution has some security issues so alot will need to go right for this spot to be successful - for me anyway...

picture.php

Apart from the odd passion vinehopper they have all remained pretty much pest free. I know they have a while to go yet, so we'll wait and see how they fare until somewhere around 4/20.

I have given them one last little prune, mulched the area, And sprayed with a neem-water mix. If I was onto it I would have taken something to sprinkle on the plants - for flowering. Ah well, dont want them getting too big ay? :biggrin: insert tui logo here :biggrin:

I decided on leaving the cages on, more for support purposes than protection at this stage, it gets windy around here and I didnt want to have to stake them after I uncaged. Would others do it this way? More stealth without? But maybe come back to plants lying on the ground?

It was after looking at the pictures that I saw a fundamental error I had made in the establishment of this plot, I didnt mulch. It would be now that some say yeah... too busy taking pictures.:laughing: This one action, one that I did eventually do after 4-5 visits. It took me less than 5 minutes to scrape up.Who knows if the plants, that are now showing some deficiencies, would be in better condition. Anyways hindsight... lesson learned. They plants look a bit better blended too.

As any guerilla site, these girls are 100% available to any who find them. If I return and these are still here... :woohoo: otherwise... its been real, hopefully get a few minis to finish and/or some seeds.

So to the "bait" plot we say sayonara, see ya later, farewell. Hope to see your buds in April.

gorilla ganja

Things are looking pretty good all and all.
Good call on the mulch, better late than never. Maybe next time plant some short grass seed or clover to green up the area after preparing the spot.

Best of luck with a safe harvest and may all your Buds be Huge

Peace GG

Thanks man - Yep I like the idea of growing some cover plants. Might get some seed I can throw down around plants next season. Does clover germ well that way?

All spots are first time I've used them and I want to keep everything minimal till I have a couple of good spots to really work on.

gorilla ganja

Clover works well, just sprinkle a handful around. Not sure if its available down under.
Just do some research with whats available and works well there.

Peace GG

budsnblunts

Veteran
Thanks man - Yep I like the idea of growing some cover plants. Might get some seed I can throw down around plants next season. Does clover germ well that way?

All spots are first time I've used them and I want to keep everything minimal till I have a couple of good spots to really work on.

Clover, lupins mustard seed all work really well as ground cover. Also returns nitrogen back into the soil. Plants are looking awesome man.

Latest posts

Latest posts