What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a guerilla

ozzieAI

Veteran
good ol mould...i have too had my usual wet season losses...it is a pain but for me winter is the grow season...

rod58

well that really sucks matt , all that mould and what could have been ! maybe next season go more sativa ? seems they are a bit more resistant to mould . i don't know how they would go with your shorter season though , maybe there is someone else who grows in your type of climate that has some answers for you . still though , what beautiful country you have there . i could imagine a little log cabin down by that creek !
and sounds like you too ozzieAI have your problems with the dreaded mould ..haha just be warmer where you are !

It's that time of year...

It's that time of year...

picture.php

picture.php

Yep... and if 2 cyclones in the last few weeks isn't gonna stop me you can bet that the 3rd cyclone won't either...

With the 3rd cyclone on the doorstep I've been walking round in the dark chopping whatever I can.
These are some of the later minis I harvested, all clones taken earlier this year. Mixed results... meh... room for improvement.
picture.php

There have been a few disappointments too... as I have said earlier... some of the spots I use are right under people's noses. Some of those noses will seek the source at all costs, some noses will continue where they were going.

picture.php

... but it is what it is, plus I've met my target this year so everything from here is gravy.

picture.php

Pretty average year at best so far, guess I can't complain really since I met my target. Most definitely looking for major improvement next season. Main areas being site selection, site preparation and seed production.

How's everyone else's grows coming along?

Last edited:
After an early start and a bit of this...

picture.php

I decided to cheer myself up and go do some maintenance at the bait plot

Before...
picture.php

After...
picture.php

I removed the dead/dying leaves from the TD and harvested the rest of the Money Maker because more BR, I already lost the majority of tops on this plant.

picture.php

I also spread out and tied the TD for better air circulation and light penetration, hopefully support buds better too. Had to cut out a small amount of budrot/mould, very minimal.

picture.php

Thoughts on when to chop TD?

rod58

now i'd say ! i really can't say i know what it'd be like to lose that much to mould matt , devastating ?
hopefully though this next season will be kinder on you ..no more cyclones !
thanks for sharing your adventure with us all ..

ozzieAI

Veteran
yeah i got hit hard this year as well...set me back a few months to restock...

your pics of mouldy plants look just like mine...

kiwi420

hey mate loved reading your diary. did well last year it ws horrible season last year.
what time does everyone usually put clones out in nz?
ive got a few out now only bout 150mm high