What's new

New Zealand And Australia Outdoor Thread 2016/17

rod58

i am on the same wave length here...i chuck plants away due to it being too wet so that mould sets in...

crikey ozzieAI , i want a bit of what your having ..lol..
same deal though mate , some things are out of your hands and not much can be done ..i'm going to have a look at this patch in the next few days , maybe i'll be surprised !

Hey rod your plants look pretty good for no/low maIntenance. Are they they all just singles or spread out? I'd love to find a spot I could develop over 5-6 seasons. All 1st time tester spots for me this year. Trying hard not to go and check them unless absolutely necessary. Hope no wind damage after the "weather bomb".

rod58

yeah , i'm not sure of your question mattskibop , singles or spread out ? do you mean , have i more than one ..

Sorry I know you have more than one plant, i was trying to get at whether you had single plant plots or all in one place, spread out... That of kind of thing. Maybe I'm just being a stoner

rod58

Sorry I know you have more than one plant, i was trying to get at whether you had single plant plots or all in one place, spread out... That of kind of thing. Maybe I'm just being a stoner

this spot i've spread them out a fair bit .its a big patch of bush .
i use to do one big patch but that can be quite a bit more visible to prying eyes .

luvaduck

:tiphat:Heya rod58. Back in the day I used to plant in soil like the silver loam.. Used to have a billabong near by for easy water access, but the loam, she used to dry up pretty bad and get red hot on the surface. I used to lug bales of sphagnum moss to the spots, dig down about 2 feet, wet the sphagnum moss in the billabong and mix in about 10 litres of the stuff in the bottom foot of the hole. Plant away, then mulch heavily with the bracken that grew thick in the area. Was great terrain for growing, had some of my best results as a young fella that way. Your plants are rockin man, I'm reminiscing!

Yeah that soil is different, when choosing locations I've leaned more toward spots with good sun, after finding digging in alot of these spots tough, I'm considering making the soil at plots more of a priority because of the labour included, digging holes, ammending native soil and/or carrying in soil mix. I hear soil is pretty good in the corn fields:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

seeded

Yeah that soil is different, when choosing locations I've leaned more toward spots with good sun, after finding digging in alot of these spots tough, I'm considering making the soil at plots more of a priority because of the labour included, digging holes, ammending native soil and/or carrying in soil mix. I hear soil is pretty good in the corn fields:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Soil might be good but so's the view from the sky :laughing:
424988732_ff187a12d1_o.jpg

Dog Star

Veteran
Once i suceed in corn field but only 3 clone plants,was sow them in July so they didnt give much all together..

didnt sow them right in a center of a field like this on pic but on a out margin on a side
that was kicked most of a day with a sun..

man on traktor wasnt see them no matter that he cleaned high weeds that was grow around corn field,in the end good luck and i smoked something outdoor..

Yep definitely want early strains for the cornfield. Timing would be important too... Ie. After last weed spray, out before harvest etc.

Brother Nature

It really helps if you deal with someone who works with/owns the field. Sacrificing 10-20% of a significant pull is definitely worth the loss if you do these things out properly.

rod58

quick walk in this morning ...not a good year at all , if the dry doesn't get ya the flood does !
picture.php
picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
Rivers flowin.. was tought those bottomless sand will drink all that water and ask for more..

rod58

Rivers flowin.. was tought those bottomless sand will drink all that water and ask for more..

your not wrong there dogstar , that swamp was full up until start of december and just before this rain event several had died from lack of water ..tough country !

Dog Star

Veteran
Guess those rain was fall too fast and even sand cant drink all that water,

thats a nature,unpredictable and savage...

good thing is that not all years are like this one,here also know in September falls
so much of rain,to 250-300 liter and then even big rivers goes out
and we have problems if we have our plants in fields..

understand you totally Rod58 how you feel now.. its not easy to loose all those work and future smoke,maybe water pulls fast there cause its sand,maybe they survive??

rod58

yeah doggie , those ones above will survive easy . just they were stunted from the prolonged dry and wont get much bigger ..haha , things could be worse mate ..
this guy here was pinned by the legs after his digger rolled on him into a dam .two hours stuck just keeping his head above water ..
picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
Readed about "cobra" position... lucky guy he sustain all this and survived,

life can be tricky..

ozzz420

ahhhh those pics of the tea tree forests bring back memories when i used to grow in em to late 1980's, was lucky no real floods in that area in that era

Latest posts

Latest posts