What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Purps Paradox or The Trouble with Trichomes

PDX Dopesmoker

Its a shame, but the fact is that the danker your purple bud is, the harder it is to see the color
Look at this picture in thumbnail size and thats more like what you see looking at bud naked eye, you can barely even see the color. Zooming in really close lets you see the color, but even then you're just looking at the trichome heads because you're a cannabinoid fiend.
This bud would be so much prettier with less trichs, its a shame either way dagnabbit
vumsKXi.jpg

ChinggisKhaan

Grandaddy purple is a heavy indica.
R.I.P. Grandad (Stan the Man)
Where the grandaddy name came from and he lived until 99.5 years old.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have yet to meet a purple that kicks ass potency wise..and yes I have tried most....makes for good pictures tho...yeehaw...lightweights lol

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what the purple stuff lacks in punch they make up for in flavor
that looks pretty dank!

i like to mix it up every now and then, plus my lady loves the purple stuff

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Grandaddy purple is a heavy indica.
R.I.P. Grandad (Stan the Man)
Where the grandaddy name came from and he lived until 99.5 years old.

that is awsome, i never head this story
if we could all live to be that old!!
how does the "OG granddad" differ form the ken estes cuts?

ChinggisKhaan

Only know of the Kenny cut of GDP. Stan saved the last plants when Richmond closed Kenneys club for the last time. Stan opened a club in Vallejo called "Stan the Man" Kenny and Stan were partners from time to time.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Only know of the Kenny cut of GDP. Stan saved the last plants when Richmond closed Kenneys club for the last time. Stan opened a club in Vallejo called "Stan the Man" Kenny and Stan were partners from time to time.
thanks for the information, i enjoy hearing the origin stories behind the great strains!
shame these guys never get the credit due