What's new

white label - Northern lights.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
I got some white label northern lights from herbie about half year back, they have about 2 weeks left ( supposedly). I feel like they are just hemp.
I have nothern lights#5 and these are not even close.
They look nothing like northern lights they stretch multiple branches.
They have no smell at all, going outside and smelling the lawn has more smell. They barely have crystals my northern lights#5 looks like someone dipped it liquid sugar and used it for a disco ball.
I keep waiting for them to do something magical but i think got duped.

I got the white label because i thought they where a sister company to sensi and the northern lights would be legit and something i could back cross into the northen lights #5 and find something special.

Has anyone grown any white label northern lights, can you tell me anything about them to help me determine for sure if these are what they are supposed to be, would appreciate it.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hey.

Some NL lines from Holland seem to be stretchy and not very impressive. Seedman's NL is said to be pretty awful and stretchy.
Then again, NLX is popular in Amsterdam coffeeshops and i believe it is also strechy. I got some NLX freebees from GS Alien, but haven't grown any.
These have been bread somewhat to the Thai side of NL strains, prolly fast growing sea-of-green harvests in mind ..for the coffeeshops, that is.

If it's a dear project, i think i would buy another parent line, if you want the indica leaning NL loved by many. Sensi Seeds' original NL sure is expensive, but some Canadian seed banks offer NL strains, but i can't recommend BCSC's NL#5 cause it hermies (at least some plants)and i'm not the only one who doesn't like it too much.

DR Atomic has a NL line, but haven't tried any myself

MrNice Seeds offer "Ortega" named line, which are NL#5 x NL#1. Have apparently little hermie issue on some plants, but some people have grown a whole pack without any hermies, so these could be an option i personally might look at.

Does Nirvana Seeds still offer pure NL, i dunno?
:)

Tynehead Tom

I have not seen a northern lights variety measure up since the late 90's.
was such a wonderful plant to commercial crop, anyone could get good yields of tasty sticky bud. NL#5 was fantastic, we grew it for the better part of a decade. I let it go because i always felt it to be a spider mite magnet and got tired of the pest management that came along with growing it. Miss it tho, one of the few varieties i grew in BC that also turned out indoor quality bud, outside in the full lowermainland BC sun.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bubbledust GrowDoc Seeds is a NL line cubed.. It's the most stable available.. The males are wicked... 10 seeds grow like clones and they don't hermi..

Some taste better than others the Alpha's are the one's..

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
the more i think about this and get irritated that this messes up my whole perpetual system these northern lights from white label grow and smell exactly like NL X haze crossses i have grown out in the past as freebies, they have that unripe bannana smell and they dont pack on weight till way late.

I got them from Herbies and they where not in the original breeder packs.
I have ordered 100's of seeds from seedbotique and a few others in the past and i have never got seeds that weren't what they where supposed to be.

Im going to chalk it up as mislabeling and stick to the seed sites that have not let me down.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Bubbledust GrowDoc Seeds is a NL line cubed.. It's the most stable available.. The males are wicked... 10 seeds grow like clones and they don't hermi..

Some taste better than others the Alpha's are the one's..

I have an NL#5 that is about 17 years old, Its been so long but it was supposedly sensi seeds, but i think it is the British columbia seed version which is a stolen copy ? Cant remember.
Its a great strain i just thought i could mix it up with some distant cousin pollen.

Latest posts

Latest posts