What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oxygen concentrator for supplying air stone

Bob-Smith

I wonder what using an oxygen concentrator as the air supply to deep water culture systems would do. Oxygen concentrators are medical devices which strip nitrogen from air and just deliver whatever other gases are in the air.

It would be cool to see a side by side test, but at a price tag of $700 for the oxygen concentrator it would be a pretty expensive test.

MrBungle

sounds dangerous... oxygen is highly volatile in pure form

and definitely do not use a co2 regulator for o2, o2 has its own regulator

I wonder what using an oxygen concentrator as the air supply to deep water culture systems would do. Oxygen concentrators are medical devices which strip nitrogen from air and just deliver whatever other gases are in the air.

It would be cool to see a side by side test, but at a price tag of $700 for the oxygen concentrator it would be a pretty expensive test.

i have heard of people doing this but it can be overdone, i have no idea what orp, or how they were measuring it but i read it cut down veg by a week and the growth was increased a noticeable amount. if you havent looked into o.r.p. then it would be a good starting point to get you going imo. if you do this id like to see it

Bob-Smith

I checked further into this and long story short - to get the most oxygen to the roots, you would simply do aeroponics. The typical Oxygen generator, (which is really a nitrogen remover) doesn't put the remaining air out under pressure, so I doubt it would push it through an air stone without further rigging such as pumping the low pressure air into a larger plenum type of chamber and putting an air pump inside the chamber which could be dangerous since the chamber is mostly oxygen :) I guess you could do it in a way that keeps the motor outside of the chamber.

Latest posts

Latest posts