What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

clones taken after harvest

ellinho

Hey Guys,
so a friend of mine hit me up telling me that after his first grow he wanted to safe his genetics and took some clones after harvesting the plant. he send me these three pictures saying all of the clones showed roots before he transplanted them. they are under 22 hours of light with 2x 18w flourescent tubes. he has been nurturing them for about 4 weeks. so far they didnt show any new growth.

do you see any chance of them surviving and become possible motherplants? i told him maybe plant 3 has a chance.

Easy7

Veteran
I see no growth tips and the soil is far too wet. 18 hours lights on for veg is plenty. #3 could sprout some growth from the nodes, it's going to be a minute.

A.C.A.B

Hi !

I assume that he took of the buds, then the plant can survive but it won't get to set new stems IMO. The same way you can get a leaf to root without any further growing.

What your friend should have done is to keep at least one small bud on the cutting, preferably on the lower part of the plant.

My two cents

Easy7

Veteran
yea he took of the buds, there is no chance of new growth from nodes?

It can, it's going to be awhile. #2 looks dead. I'd bet they all went downhill more since the pics were taken.

Let the soil dry out some, they are over saturated. Just using a root riot style plug is sufficient and you will see roots pop out.

DemonTrich

Veteran
1 and 2 toss in the bin, its lights out for them for sure. 3 has a shot, but taking that late in flower is a long shot. if its been 4 weeks and no root growth, sorry to say but your wasting your time. the leaves do have green left in them, so who knows. that's why you keep cuts of all plants before flipping.

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi !

I assume that he took of the buds, then the plant can survive but it won't get to set new stems IMO. The same way you can get a leaf to root without any further growing.

What your friend should have done is to keep at least one small bud on the cutting, preferably on the lower part of the plant.

My two cents

+1

here some reveged-buded clones

imo and sorry to say it but them clones have almost no chance to recover

just my 2c

Latest posts

Latest posts