What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizz

Veteran
lol,im a little high,someone actually bought me weed,cant remember what the hell it is but is has a great bubblegum flavor to it...

now if i made jw barf that would be something!

well it dident make me barf but when I seen you dressed like that. but when I saw u riding your bike it did give me wood.

captain planet

Veteran
Morning......bikers?!?
Papp I used to have a 30 x 20 x 12 , 2 40 something watt cfl flower box, could fit an 8 2 ltr soda bottle tray in it and would flower 4 spots, something like that would work , 40 something's were the biggest I could find at target that still fit simple dome lamps

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well it dident make me barf but when I seen you dressed like that. but when I saw u riding your bike it did give me wood.
i am a sexy bitch in spite of the funny looking bikers tan!

Morning......bikers?!?
Papp I used to have a 30 x 20 x 12 , 2 40 something watt cfl flower box, could fit an 8 2 ltr soda bottle tray in it and would flower 4 spots, something like that would work , 40 something's were the biggest I could find at target that still fit simple dome lamps

just heading out for a ride and going by the farmers market,time to tap some miles out:tumbleweed:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: good little ride,just a bit over an hour and a half and 22 miles,pretty much all flat today,pretty good little south wind today so i rode south primarily for the first half of the ride so when i started for home which in this case would also mean a shallow climb i would have the wind at my back...didnt kill myself today,just tried to maintain a steady not too demanding pace....still managed to pass a roadie and i even resisted my urge to step up the pace and smoke him!

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Hey Unc, if I took the nobby tires off of my mountain bike and put on normal street tires, would my bike have less resistance when I'm riding on the city streets?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
most likely yes,my old bike i rode on road slicks as narrow as i could find for my rims,they also inflated to 100 psi...the trade off is they can have way less traction on slick surfaces so if it rains a bunch where you live i would be more prone to sticking with something with a more aggressive tread pattern.the bigger tires can be more forgiving of road bumps and such,faster tires tend to give a harsher ride...
if you're just doing fun/general fitness riding and never going off road than sure,ditch the knobbies,they can be noisy and they do slow you down to some degree,but honestly,most casual riders arent going to see any serious performance gains from the switch...
really the best thing you can do to your bike is make it comfortable to ride so its enjoyable to be on it,so you want to ride it.
the best advice i can give you is take your bike to a good local shop,and a good shop caters to all their customers,not just the hardcores...and talk to them about what you want from your riding experience,what issues you may have comfort wise,any special issues you may have and just as important a realistic budget.

sunset limited

Veteran
hey unc, what's up with the motherfucking french? the italians and chinese and even the damn americans can all agree on a universal size for a bottom bracket. why do i need a different tool that only works on motobecane and peugot? that's some bullshit son.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,because they're french! that why...some of those old brazed steel frames are just classic,aluminum and carbon fiber are great but nothing beats a good piece of steel...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the surly is all hand made steel baby:dance013:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WTF ???? I go away for a few days & the knights thread is closed !!! You can't get rid of me that easily Unc !!! :nanana:
You'd have to change names ,sites & even personalitys to evade me for any length of time :biggrin:
great !!!! now we gotta listen to him ramble on about his bikes everyday !!!! :shucks:
so .... whats up ? to many pages on the KORT thread or just time fer a change of pace ? thought you were gonna keep it going with all of DG's beans still floating around .
just a confused member tryin to catch up :dunno:

I've got a ton of catch up reading to do & check in on the girls ..... so i'll be back later for the puff session :tiphat:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Heya dans, hope the camping trip was a great time.

Think we all felt it was just time to move on is all. Hadn't really been any new threads started around the castle for some time now. DG has definitely moved on with her life outside of the canna world and frankly it would be a huge shock if she were to ever pop in.

Well guys, 9 days in the aero cloner and while I got some nubs I ain't got roots. In RR's I get roots in 10-14 days so it'll probably be one and done with this thing. Sometimes simpler is better.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:
same party dan,different house is all...
and no,i didnt really mean this to be a bicycle repair thread,just my strange sense of humor is all,although of course im still going to babble about bike stuff in spite of no one else caring:biggrin:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
And really dans, of all the "hobbies" unc has at least the biking will not make you vomit in your mouth and gorge your eyes out afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.