What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

There is only one true ECSD.

Swampdankv2

Veteran
Damn, I take a break from the boards for a hot minute and when I return there are 19 different ECSD cuts going around. It's obvious by studying growth patterns and leaf shapes that many of these so called ECSD, while they may be decent, are not the original.

I remember the original SD having oddly shaped leaves. Smaller than they should be. Even length blades on the leaves. Lemonheads pledge aroma.

Can we please get to the bottom of this? I know some ofmthenolder heads still have pics of SourD.

I have grown ECSD, Daywrecker, Chems D and 4 all side by side along with a bubba or two. SourD stood out among them and the flavor was mind blowing. Instant semi upon sniffing the jar.

Can we sort through this mess and nail down the original from the rest of her sisters?

SD

C

chazz michaels

Would it be possible for you to link any pictures of what you say is the real ECSD?

Thanks. :)

Swampdankv2

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php

^^Original Diesel aka DayWreckerD

Swampdankv2

Veteran
Here's the ECSD I sourced from a very respected and trusted member.

Here's the ECSD I sourced from a very respected and trusted member.

This cut has been around the FAM for years...

ECSD
picture.php

I am in no way claiming my cut is more legit or whatever the hottest debate optic is. I am just trying to figure out why so many sources have ECSD with their name attached to it.

There is only one real deal ECSD. So I would think those of you who got the Pthe thieving con-man's place cut, or the IBS cut or the ADHD, OCD, or what the fuck ever "crew" claims it as their own, might not have the original. And if that's the case, name it something else. Those who know real Sour will call you out immediately. There is nothing like ECSD.

Just sayin.

SD

sunset limited

Veteran
the dot com bubble called. they want their strain back.

i kid though. that 70 day sour we ran into the ground in the tri state back in the late 90's was the bizness. i don't recall it having that trifoliate pattern that the top pics seem to exhibit, but then again there's a lot from those years a can't recall.

whether or not we're talking about the same thing, i've thought a lot about that cut in the interim. that strain had insane curb appeal and it treated a lot of folks really well. that was 15 years ago though.

maybe it's just some bullshit i feed myself to keep from getting upset over not having it anymore, but it didn't pack that much of a wallop. in the era of 30% flowers and when every kid with a box of trim and a case of 'tane can produce 70% concentrate, the bar for elite smoke has been set pretty ridiculously high. does the ecsd still make the grade? i'm not really sure. folks definitely don't come looking for it by name the way they do for cookies and og and even the purps. not in my world anyway.

jm420

Veteran
chaco started an ecsd thread years ago,thats the real deal grown it and smoked it,

not hard to figure out why sources attach the ecsd to there names ,same as og
its all about the dough joe

I do agree on the dont pass somthin off as ecsd if its not cuz i'll call ya out in a heartbeat

C

chazz michaels

Is the ECSD x Casey Jones from People Under the Stairs the 'real' ECSD?

jm420

Veteran
pus got some good genetics
pm chefro i'm sure he'll give the lowdown
pretty sure its chacos ecsd that was used

jm420

Veteran
who said anything about exchanging cuts threw the mag?

great way to make freinds come out bashing the fuckem crew.
ought to go find some other site to hang around

L

Lee Van Kief

:laughing:
rofl, that's her alright, just have a tiny little light leak and those things start popping out everywhere

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
My theory is NO.

I think there is only one clone only that is truly ECSD but I think there is a lot of cuts floating around called ECSD that aren't.

I think a lot of ECSD cuts sprang up from Rezdogs ECSD V3 seeds, its too easy to think someone bought ECSD V3 seeds found a nice female and voila passed a cut around called ECSD. And even with the Sour Diesel IBL, I can see how some stoner would pass that around as the real thing not even knowing the difference between Sour Diesel and ECSD. I've got a clone of Sour Diesel IBL that I bet I could hand out and most ppl wouldn't know the difference.

This is my only gripe with seed forms of clones, it eventually makes it very hard to find the real thing in a sea of fakes.

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
I've yet to run across a fake ecsd. That one has become widely circulated I feel, at least in this part of the country...

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
the one and only ECSD

View Image

i never found any balls or late nanners when i ran her before. i thought that was part of the issue.. no one could get her to reverse? but it sounds like Dr GreenThumb made S1's? i swear ive been told the real deal will only produce sterile pollen, if ya even get it that far. i've got some GA3 so ill give it a go..........

Slip.. you wanna chime in? any chance ya wanna give a hint where u got it?.. i was under the impression it came from the boys in NYC. but ya, the new deliniation of the "chaco" cut is confusuring.

D

DirkDiggla

From what I can see the original has quite wide leafs in veg, didnt realise it could yield so well. It seems a few really good cuttings are very hard to reverse wonder why that is.

Latest posts

Latest posts