What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w box of green

digdugdank

im putting together a small box 3'x3'x3' with a 250w hps hanging from center,and a huricane 4" fan pushing air in from bottom center straight up at bulb. under the fan is a 1' tall air box under the grow area. 16 plants in 1/2gal felt pots4 to each screen. im shooting for 1 oz dry per plant=1lb. cuttings just rooted and are veggin in the sun during the day and under t5's at night. strain is banana og from buds&roses collective in studio city. i have pics of box as it sits now,and will be adding more pics as i add life to it. ive run the box a couple of dry runs and one with plants in it overnight with no issues. im just waiting on the cuttings to get a little bigger then a transplant into their new home. im very excited to see how this 250w hps turns out finished flowers. thanks for checking this out, digdug!!

Attachments

• air ducts.jpg
    air ducts.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 23
  • fan and ballast.jpg
    fan and ballast.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 25
  • air filter.jpg
    air filter.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 21
  • box top.jpg
    box top.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20130607_155234.jpg
    20130607_155234.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 20
  • 20130610_153432.jpg
    20130610_153432.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 17

ZZTops

Veteran
Sweet... Bring It On...!

What's your plan on keep them small enough to fit the box during bloom...?

digdugdank

This is my first attempt at vertical and i plan to tie them girls up!! I've got plenty of space for these to stretch into this latest pic is with everything but the plants which are still in 16oz cups.the banana og mom is now flowering and looks amazing. She is a multi topped beast!! This might be my last horizontal grow, this box is gonna change the way i grow from now on. Thanks, digdug!!

Attachments

• 20130615_205336.jpg
    20130615_205336.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20130617_163444.jpg
    20130617_163444.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 20

digdugdank

i transplanted the babies into their 1 gal felt pots.put two spikes of goodies in each. i got plastic rain gutter with caps on both ends for the pots to sit in. i will add drains and after first run because i want to hand water this first go around. the babies ran into a little purple stem ph problem in their cups, two fresh water flushes in a row is turning them around. the roots are a little off white but otherwise very healthy. im excited to get these girls rockn' in their new box. if im too close to the light this run i can always run the screens behind the pots next time. i have panda plastic to cover the inside of the doors. thanks for checkn it out, digdug!!

im putting together a small box 3'x3'x3' with a 250w hps hanging from center,and a huricane 4" fan pushing air in from bottom center straight up at bulb. under the fan is a 1' tall air box under the grow area. 16 plants in 1/2gal felt pots4 to each screen. im shooting for 1 oz dry per plant=1lb. cuttings just rooted and are veggin in the sun during the day and under t5's at night. strain is banana og from buds&roses collective in studio city. i have pics of box as it sits now,and will be adding more pics as i add life to it. ive run the box a couple of dry runs and one with plants in it overnight with no issues. im just waiting on the cuttings to get a little bigger then a transplant into their new home. im very excited to see how this 250w hps turns out finished flowers. thanks for checking this out, digdug!!

nice setup,im liking the screens and the under compartment of your box,great for draining and space!

lets see those screens full of bud:)

digdugdank

The girls have moved into their final resting place. One week of 24hr veg with hps and then flip. im really excited to see how these girls do In this box.

Attachments

• 20130623_201458.jpg
    20130623_201458.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20130623_201419.jpg
    20130623_201419.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 20

digdugdank

It was getting to hot during the day so i put the t5's on top of the screens and it dropped the temps down to 79. Im giving a dark period during the hottest part of the day its gonna be 90 today. At night Im gonna hook up a duct to the fan and bring cold air in from outside.sofar the hottest I've seen the box get is 86. Night time temps have been good and that's when ill run the box. Thanks for checking it out, digdug!!!

Attachments

• 20130626_094511.jpg
    20130626_094511.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 20

fungzyme

It was getting to hot during the day so i put the t5's on top of the screens and it dropped the temps down to 79. Im giving a dark period during the hottest part of the day its gonna be 90 today. At night Im gonna hook up a duct to the fan and bring cold air in from outside.sofar the hottest I've seen the box get is 86. Night time temps have been good and that's when ill run the box. Thanks for checking it out, digdug!!!

Kind of hard to tell, but you don't have any fan pulling hot air from the top of the box do you? And those black 2" lengths of pipe are your exhaust ducts? That may cause you some heat buildup problems - but you may be ok by running lights on at night since it's only a 250w. I'm also guessing smell isn't a problem. Kick-ass carpentry! Can't wait to see it all full of greenery top to bottom.

digdugdank

i thought about mounting the fan on top of the box and i can still do that. its going to be over 95 for a week here. i didnt want to install an a/c unit but my 1k grow room is in the garage and hitting 96 during lights out and is only gonna get hotter. im just going to install the a/c in my 1k room and then pull air for the 250w box from the cooler 1k room. as the weather gets cooler this box is gonna rock.i rarely grow indoors in the summer anyways. air flow with the ducts now is very good but can be improved if needed. if smells ever come into play for me i can install the fan on top of box with a charcoal filter. the babies are doing great. the stems have greened up and have reached the 12" mark but i still have a little training to do before these girls are ready to flip. thanks, digdug!!

digdugdank

ok im moving the box to my new house tonight. we start flower tonight. ill take some pics when i get the box to my new house. they have doubled in size i hope i didnt wait to long. ill just have to do some crazy training and tying back. a bigger light would be a mistake, im glad i didnt use the 400w. thanks digdug!!

Twist1

Front row for this show :lurk:

I really like the look of your setup DDD - vert is the way forward in my opinion. I'll be surprised if you pull a lb from that small space and more importantly that small 250w HPS (1lb would equate to almost 2gpw), but I sincerely wish you the best of luck - I'll be rooting for you.

Good luck with the training - from what I have read you should have your screen ~70% full before you flip.

Peace

digdugdank

Heres what the girls look like in there box. They have been flipped to 12-12 for a couple of days short of a week. I was happy to hear that vert screens should be flipped when 70% full. I think the timing was perfect. The box showed signs of spidermites so i sprayed them down good. It was easy to spray the leaf bottoms because of the design. More to come. Thanks guys digdug!!

Attachments

• 20130712_090825.jpg
    20130712_090825.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20130712_090726.jpg
    20130712_090726.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 18

digdugdank

sry guys moving really sux the time away from the days. the girls are doing great.the cooler nights are making for some great temp/humidity levels. ive only been giving straight water, but its time i make some tea and start pumping these girls up! my next post will be of pictures, i just gotta switch computers. thanks, digdug!!