What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can i still lollipop after 3 weeks of 12/12?

fatburt

i have a bunch of plants in 12/12 going on 3 weeks and 1 day.....i did lollipop a week before flower,but i see now the bottoms are filling in again....can i relollipop again at this time without losing yield or stresing my girls?

fatburt

i must add that i am growing vertically so i dont know if that makes a difference because the lights are lighting the sides and not just the tops...any info would be awesome!

fungzyme

i must add that i am growing vertically so i dont know if that makes a difference because the lights are lighting the sides and not just the tops...any info would be awesome!

Why are you lollipopping if you're growing with vertical light? Better lower bud production is one of the advantages of vert. People usually lollipop to get rid of lower growth that is shaded by upper growth when growing with conventional (overhead horizontal) lighting. Unless you're just talking about defoliation (?)

fatburt

i realized i made the mistake as i was typing..i was going to go normal,but my plants were/are pretty big and tall so i went vert with them...i guess ill leave the growth....lesson learned for next time i guess...

fatburt

here are some pics taken a week ago.

Attachments

• WP_20130603_007[1].jpg
    WP_20130603_007[1].jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 5
  • WP_20130603_004[1].jpg
    WP_20130603_004[1].jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 4
  • WP_20130603_006[1].jpg
    WP_20130603_006[1].jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 10
  • WP_20130603_005[2].jpg
    WP_20130603_005[2].jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 4
  • WP_20130603_001[1].jpg
    WP_20130603_001[1].jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
Yes bro you can certainly lollipop at 3 weeks in to flowering and I do so regularly. I also run vert and let me tell you, there are major advantages to lollipopping vert. Larger bud production for one, but also if you stack your plants you can put an entire plant in the space that would otherwise grow small little popcorn buds.

Yes it is true you will get better lower bud production in vert but still I'd rather stick a whole new plant in that space and get quadruple the yields with better quality from top colas rather than bottoms.

fatburt

that is an excellent answer fj,i will for sure do this on my next run...i think im gonna stick with vert.
so almost like a stadium style?
so if my big plant is in a 10 gallon pot and from the stem the plant is about 4 feet high i should put a plant right in front of it but maybe a 2 foot plant?

fatburt

if you look you can see qa plant in full flower at the bottom of the last pic....its a texada timewarp and its basically at the bottom of another plant and as you can see the bud formation on it is excellent!i see where you are going with this,,,,im all excited now!

fatburt

im also feeding at 600-700 ppm's do you think i should go higher?there is absolutely no signs of over feeding...or underfeeding either for that matter....one plant has like 2 yellow leaves at the bottom....but either than that plants looks very very healthy
i still make mistakes,but im proud of myself cause the last 2 grows i havent hit my yield potential yet,but plants have never gotten sick or ovwer fed or lockout ar anything like that...

fatburt

because it tricks the plant and you lose bud growth because the brances want to move closer to the light.....im looking for the thread now...

that is an excellent answer fj,i will for sure do this on my next run...i think im gonna stick with vert.
so almost like a stadium style?
so if my big plant is in a 10 gallon pot and from the stem the plant is about 4 feet high i should put a plant right in front of it but maybe a 2 foot plant?

Yes sir stadium style is where it's at.

I put the bigger plants in the back row either up on a platform or if they're real big then on the ground, and cut away close to half the plant from underneath. Just whatever you think will not be optimal buds. You will get a feel for how much to take away after a couple runs.

Back row goes for stretchy plants and front row goes for with squat bushy plants, or if I don't have any then I top and train to make them that way. I Also lollipop the front row cause I hate trimming larf.

im also feeding at 600-700 ppm's do you think i should go higher?there is absolutely no signs of over feeding...or underfeeding either for that matter....one plant has like 2 yellow leaves at the bottom....but either than that plants looks very very healthy
i still make mistakes,but im proud of myself cause the last 2 grows i havent hit my yield potential yet,but plants have never gotten sick or ovwer fed or lockout ar anything like that...

I feed at the same ppm's 600-700 but I grow in coco and feed that formula daily.

would it be of any benefit to trim the back of the plants that are not getting any light?

I personally do not trim the back of the plants. What I recommend is to defoliate the fan leaves after the stretch is over and the plant focuses on bud formation. This will give you better light penetration to the back of the plants.

How many watts are you working with?

I feed at the same ppm's 600-700 but I grow in coco and feed that formula daily.

would it be of any benefit to trim the back of the plants that are not getting any light?

I personally do not trim the back of the plants. What I recommend is to defoliate the fan leaves after the stretch is over and the plant focuses on bud formation. This will give you better light penetration to the back of the plants.

How many watts are you working with?

Ok I would definitely not trim the backs. Those thouies can penetrate pretty deep into the canopy. Any branches that are in the back and facing away from the light I will either pull through the middle of the plant towards the light or shape towards the light through some area where the canopy is less thick.