What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seasol

mwz

Veteran
Anyone use seasol to any success?

I've foliar sprayed it on my indoors DWC grow. The plants looked happier the following day. I'm going to test it weekly. Perhaps a good, cheap way to get larger, better tasting yeils from healthier plants?

m

ozzieAI

Veteran
Anyone use seasol to any success?

I've foliar sprayed it on my indoors DWC grow. The plants looked happier the following day. I'm going to test it weekly. Perhaps a good, cheap way to get larger, better tasting yeils from healthier plants?

m

been using seasol for years...watering and foliar...it is the BOMB...

mix it with a little silica and powerfeed and your plants will REALLY love ya....

mwz

Veteran
I've been spraying it about 2 mins before the lights come on. I've heard you can burn the plants if the lights are cranking. Apparently, the water bubbles on the leaf act as a prism.

I've been spraying at 4mL/L. Let us know how you go! :D

Kangativa

Veteran
I use 3 Seasol products....Seasol, CLC Earthcare and The fish one.

For outdoors feed very early mornings or late afternoons. Indoors feed when lights are off.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
I have used Seasol in conjunction with Charlie Carp Organic and Neutrog's GO-GO Juice and all I can say is frigging :woohoo:
Stand back and watch your plants roost :D
:plant grow:

I've been spraying it about 2 mins before the lights come on. I've heard you can burn the plants if the lights are cranking. Apparently, the water bubbles on the leaf act as a prism.

I've been spraying at 4mL/L. Let us know how you go! :D

Will do bro, not on da plants 7 weeks in tho heheheh.. but be giving the ones in veg a hit or 2....how old r ya plants when ya start 2 use it...usually have clones but as had to start fresh there still only 3 weeks or so old

mwz

Veteran
I've read a lot of conflicting information about indoors foliar feeding. I don't think it is practised very often. At the end of the day, I would say it comes down to your preferences as a grower and the strain your working with.

I've read about people who only foliar during veg and the first two weeks of flower. I read one grower say you can foliar in flower until the ovaries are 1/4 inch in size. Cannabis strains tend to have varied flower growth i.e. sativas long flower time, indicas short flower time. So you could probably foliar a sativa a little longer in flower.

From what I've read, ventilation is extremely important. Put an osculating fan on the plants and make sure the ventilation is sufficient.

I'm spraying just before the lights turn on. This is because the grow room's dark period is during the day. I have to enter the grow room from out doors, which lets light in when I do. So, to minimise interuption to my dark period I spray just before the lights comes on.

I'm curious about foliar applications as I run a DWC system and have had troubles with pythium (root rot). To safe guard against pythium, I run Pythoff' (0.1% Chlorine additive) in the tank. However, this means I can't run organic products in the res. So, I thought.. why not spray them on?

This is the first time I've done this, so I'm experimenting with what works and what doesn’t. I'll post some updates with how it goes :)

S

Sat X RB

outdoor Sativa I use foliar in conjunction with root application. these are doses of NutriTech's Organic "Boost" and "Bloom" alternate weeks from beginning of flower. I discontinue foliar when flowers get nuggety ... not for any specific reason ... just a sense it's not right to wet them.

I think while foliar is a good way to add to what's already in the soil, foliar shouldn't be used for the main feed.

there was a post not too long ago where a plant had been fed solely by foliar. needless to say the grower ran into trouble. his plant was DARK green with shiny leaves (I took the shinyness to mean the plant had had enuf of being fed thru the leaves and so had modified itself to shed the foliar rather than absorb it) and the soil in the drip zone had gone salty thus pH imbalance.

so there ya go. that's my two bob's worth of experience.

ozzieAI

Veteran
i veg indoors and flower outdoors and i foliar in both environments (weekly indoors and fortnightly out). indoors you must have good ventilation and i generally spray just after the lights have gone out. outdoors i spray up till about week 6 in flower cutting back on the fish emulsion as i go to reduce the amount of N available to the plant.

applying foliar nutes/additives is a part of holistic plant health and is a great way make plants really shine.

mwz

Veteran
I think Seasol may be a way to get micronutrients to your plant. Check out the ANU chemical analysis below ...

CHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF SEASOL LIQUID SEAWEED
The chemical analysis has been carried out by the Department of
Agriculture, Mt. Pleasant Laboratories, Launceston, The Government
Analyst in Hobart, Tasmania and the Research School of Chemistry,
Australian National University, Canberra.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
mwz you should look into the products from Neutrog bro, their GO-GO Juice is really good at getting the bacteria in your soil cranking along which in turn helps the micro-nutrients get absorbed by the plants :good:
I've used it for the first time throughout this year's season and I can't recommend it enough
:gday:

ozzieAI

Veteran
fed my plants with GO GO yesterday and they just love it...been using it for a few years now with excellent results

smokditup

So bassically can someone sum this up for me? is seasol just a soluble fertizler in powder or pellet form? that is mixed up in say a 9Litre bucket? then watered into plants? Its just a allaround fertizler? or is it added to a "medium base"?... Im trying to go full organic for next years outdoor grow.. I dont want to be adding up miniscule amounts of hydro nutrient for outdoor... .. all organic :D ...

ozzieAI

Veteran
seasol is a plant conditioner and has very little nutritional value, it comes in a liquid concentrate...and it's all organic...

google is your friend: http://www.seasol.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23&Itemid=108

from their website
Seasol is a dynamic plant tonic, however it is not by definition a fertiliser in that it contains virtually no nitrogen or phosphorus.
Plant tonics work differently to fertilisers and provide benefits that fertilisers can’t.
Seasol is a powerful pick-me-up for your garden and a real friend during times of plant stress. It is a plant booster that promotes tougher more resilient plants, healthier growth, stronger roots, bigger, better blooms and higher yields.
Seasol can be used in all gardening situations and at times of the year when using a fertiliser may be inappropriate, for example during winter and at the height of summer.
Seasol contains a synergistic range of natural compounds which:
Promote stronger healthier root growth, thereby reducing transplant shock, encouraging tougher, healthier plants and increasing their resistance to diseases which attack the roots.
Enhance flowering and fruiting capacity.
Improve seed germination rates.
Seasol contains natural compounds and trace elements which promote thicker, stronger cell walls. Therefore plants are better able to cope with stresses such as heat, drought and frost, as well as some insect and disease problems.
Almost every known trace element is found in Seasol so it also contributes to overall plant nutrition.
The natural compounds in Seasol also help to increase nutrient uptake, so when fertilisers are applied they are much more effective.

Seasol is good stuff...Especially if you suspect your soil to be a bit 'dead'. I use it all the time and so far not had a failure yet! Always seems to give the plants a real good start to life...promoting fast, strong, healthy growth and a good resilience to most of the hardships i tend to put them through. A good dose of it early on followed by fortnightly fertigating with powerfeed up till flower and i always seem to get good results. I cant speak for foliar application as i have only ever applied it via fertigation directly to the soil/roots.

ozzieAI

Veteran
welcome MD...spray seasol on and watch...add powerfeed FTW...

people think it gets all smelly and stinky...i did for years but once i got my head around that it has been used for both foliar and soil applications...

Thanks for the welcome ozzieAI!

I was always under the impression that seasol was more just a soil treatment to help promote/stimulate microbial activity in said soil, which in turn then processes many of the micro/lesser nutrients already in the soil into a form that is more freely available to the plants root system.
I am very curious about its benefits as a foliar application and keen to try it out....what sort of mix is recommended for foliar application?

S

Sat X RB

excuse me butting in Ozzie, but what does FTW in yr post above mean? (besides fucktheworld ...)

Latest posts

Latest posts