What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Occupy Wall Street: Not on major media but worth watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
There's a protest that started on the 17th. People are camping on wall street, attempting to start a non-violent revolution similar to what we've already seen in Egypt and other countries earlier this year.

They plan to stay there until they can form a consensus and then to chant that consensus decision over and over until they are heard.

Except for Keith Oberman's show on Current TV, I have not heard a peep about this protest in the major television news media nor in the papers.

If 200 tea partiers showed up anywhere, there'd be cameras all over the place. But they are ignoring a gathering that has already lasted 6 days.

I wonder why?

occupywallst.org

You can watch videos uploaded from members and also read the day-by-day blog of events as they unfold.

Anyone who is an American should be paying attention to this thing and anyone with the cash to get there and the free time to spare should consider participating.

[YOUTUBEIF]CDlCqHcUiVs[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]myLHPvd8wyM[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]hTJH4ZZU_oA[/YOUTUBEIF]

budlover123

Thanks for the info, this is very interesting. I want to send these people some chronic but I suppose the cops are looking for any excuse to arrest people

...Except for Keith Oberman's show on Current TV, I have not heard a peep about this protest in the major television news media nor in the papers...
This is a great example of why Keith Olberman is demonized, he spreads truth as opposed to fear and confusion

the question is: will the muslim brotherhood take over afterwards though? like in egypt?

No

I

Iron_Lion

The Colbert Report covered this the other night but I have not seen any other mention of it on any major internet news sites or the tv.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Why aren't more people excited about this? Are we all THAT complacent and apathetic about the US? I mean, I was born here and I grew up being told this was the land of the free. Its 2011 and we have hippies sleeping on WALL STREET trying to change the way their government works. And we saw that it worked in the middle east!

I dunno. This kinda stuff gives me a boner. If I lived anywhere near the east coast, I'd be there right now.

J

juicepuddle

Why aren't more people excited about this? Are we all THAT complacent and apathetic about the US? I mean, I was born here and I grew up being told this was the land of the free. Its 2011 and we have hippies sleeping on WALL STREET trying to change the way their government works. And we saw that it worked in the middle east!

I dunno. This kinda stuff gives me a boner. If I lived anywhere near the east coast, I'd be there right now.

Seriously I feel the same exact way, the live stream made me realize they are really trying to make this stuff explode. If I was closer I would go for sure, and if the gathering gets big enough I would travel across the country for it, I dont care if TSA is gonna butt rape me.

Just like you said, I was taught land of the free, this land is your land, when really thats all BS too, they took this land horrifically at that. Its time we take a stand.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wall street companies own the news corporations. They also love to preach about corporations getting free speech because they are people too; but then when people want to protest against wall street for being criminals, they use their financial power over the news corporations to limit people's first amendment rights.

meaning, the view those sociopaths have of free speech is; it is ok if you are in the top wealthiest 5%. If you are not in the top 5% you have no right to speak up for your self. Does this concept sound familiar? It does to me. It is called slavery. When Wall street, media, prisons and the ENTIRE GOVERNMENT is all melted together is called fascism. that is our current system. There is no way to stop slavery in this system. it is clearly on the way back.

Corporate America is holding 2 trillion in cash. They have taken it out of circulation. Hoarders, pure and simple. Trickle down my ass. They are thieves. That is American Tax payer money. Time to take these Traitors to the Guillotines.‎....along with the government that they bought. It is time for a constitutional convention, and fresh start.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
on a side note those people are shitty protesters. they need more solidarity. like all waring Guy Fork's masks. it is way scarier. fuck the NYC mask law. In fact I think everyone of them should be like the black panthers of SF back in the day, and have a rifle on there shoulder to show they mean business. send a clear message to wall street and the pigs of "try to illegally stop me from using my first amendment rights and get shot in the fucking face! If you stay the fuck back then we won't have any problems and this can remain peaceful... but if you cross our lines you better be prepared for a civil war and debilitating bullet wound at the least."

G

greenmatter

the one problem with living in the U.S. is geography ......... i live a long way from wall street.

does the TSA allow protest banners in the overhead baggage compartment?

N

narko

the one problem with living in the U.S. is geography ......... i live a long way from wall street.

does the TSA allow protest banners in the overhead baggage compartment?
organize it in your hometown. thats how we do it in europe - every small city has their camp protesters nowadays...

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I thought it was funny when Stephen Colbert mentioned the law banning masks in public. The law apparently says that the only time you can wear a mask in public is at a masquerade ball. So Colbert suggested that the protesters start calling it an "Outdoor Masqaurade Ball" instead of a protest. Then they'd be within their rights to wear the masks.

On the other hand, Time-Warner owns the rights to Guy Fawkes Masks, so wearing one is putting money into their pockets.

But I was glad to see that some people are wearing them. Just the symbolism is beautiful.

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Drudge and NBC both covered that lame attempt of a protest a few days ago.
300 protestors. The remaining 700 were fire, police, ems and media.
No coverup on my internet.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
epic! this is fucking history!

on the streaming video it shows how many viewers...pretty pathetic...but if no one knows about it they have it contained...

a week into the protest? and this is the first news of it?

PROTEST

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
My google search for wall street protest shows 1630 news results.

Maybe its just an epic fail that doesn't warrant front page coverage by the msm.

The conservative blogs have been mocking the protest all week. I guess it depends where you get your news.

I

Iron_Lion

My google search for wall street protest shows 1630 news results.

Maybe its just an epic fail that doesn't warrant front page coverage by the msm.

The conservative blogs have been mocking the protest all week. I guess it depends where you get your news.

I think it would make more news if a broader spectrum of American's was represented. By the looks of it, it is a bunch of smelly hippies, dancing and beating on drums with no real solidarity in their message.

meditatore

Guyz, i can't stop to see this: http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution
Really really good job!!
Americans, u surprise me :D

However, iron lion, i think that yes "it would be better" if there were a much various spectrum of people there. Surely.
But i think that it much better the fact that there are just someone.
This is the first victory.
(almost)All the people know that there are a strike and can go there.
If they don't do it: or have some reason (don't approve, can't be there ecc) or it's only human stupidity.
And...believe me: i don't care if in a demostration there are people with jacket and tie or with a rasta and a joint.
It's ignorance think that "if some kind of person" are in some place, and "i'm not that kind of person", so i don't go there or i don't approve this occupation.
As the color of the skin, so the way they dress, is only a mask.
an apparence. And many people must understand this.

Bye and
lucha.JPG

EDIT: are they just in wall street? sorry, but i don't know NYC :D
and sorry for my bad english, i'm italian and i don't speak english well :)

I

In~Plain~Site

This is a great example of why Keith Olberman is demonized, he spreads truth as opposed to fear and confusion

It's OK to kill the messenger in Keith's case...self righteous prick he is.

Hope he likes his new,tiny(er) audience. :wave:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it would make more news if a broader spectrum of American's was represented. By the looks of it, it is a bunch of smelly hippies, dancing and beating on drums with no real solidarity in their message.

Everyone should dress in General Washington Masks and take over the stock exchange building for symbolism. They don't have enough police to stop all of us. Bring your own pepper spray and rubber bullets and shoot those pigs right back. Then burn down c-street on principle.... but of course we make sure we lock those nazi's inside first.

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fundamentalist-Threat-American-Democracy/dp/0316091073

It's OK to kill the messenger in Keith's case...self righteous prick he is.

Hope he likes his new,tiny(er) audience. :wave:

I applaud Keith Olberman for leaving the fascist controlled news media. He speaks up for the little man in the country, and doesn't take shit off scum like Bill O'Riley. Also current tv is world wide. he now has a wider spread and more intelligent audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.