What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

BORNaSMOKER

BORNaSMOKER - not hot at all compared to hps - thats going to be very useful this summer in my loft - which hits 90 regularly.

cheers

VG.

Are you going to stick with these 205's instead of your hps if this goes well?? Would you consider using 2 in your bloom room?

Safety
BaS

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking forward to seeing this one pan out

LEDs seem like a viable way to get more out of micro cabs and such for personal grows

BORNaSMOKER

curios about your Scrog, would it work under bigger lights in a bigger space. you seem to have it pretty dialed in at micro size!! Your yields seem to be consistently hefty too. I currently do a semi organic, semi SOG with 7l pots 2" apart. 60 under 6 x 600w. Feed ACT and plain water only. About to do a 54 x 14l B&Q buckets and have been debating trees or scrog. From what I've seen here the scrog is looking like a good idea, just really want to know if it will work under my 9 x 600w lights in a 11' x 8' room (the buckets are 12" across). Reading this now I'm thinking a few less buckets to allow for the modular screens but other than that, I want to try and emulate your soil as closely as poss, also whats your water quality like, I used to live in a city in the SW and the water was horrendous!! I live in the sticks now and the tap water is better than bottled water almost!! Do you use an RO filter??

Sorry for all the questions mate. Just trying to make decisins fast.

BaS

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Bit late to the show....but I'm here now lol

Does the LED come with a fan? I seem to recall your 63 had a little fan than cirulated air around the cab?.....

And you've got an extractor and carbon stuffed away on top, right? So air comes passively in through the white tube, and out through the extractor above the light?

Very interested to see how the BB does with a nice cool room.....

BL4ZE20

I'll be along for the ride on this one!! :lurk:
I was daydreaming at work today about having a dual 205w LED setup haha.

Good luck man

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
xmobotx - thanks for stopping in - yes i think for small cabs LED's are defo worth considering.

BORNaSMOKER - i can see myself using LED in the warmer half of the year and HID in the colder months tbh - my grow is in my loft so it gets all the extremes of temps, for scrog info you should read through the old thread linked in my sig as that has loads of info (quite long though). i think scrog or modscrog would work great under 600's but you would want to make sure you get a good height of colas above the screen to make use of the penetration of a 600. think of scrog as a box full of colas rather than a flat canopy - and use big pots is the best advice i can give you. you should perhaps try running one or 2 lights with 4 screen 18" square or so under each and see how you get on. you will need longer veg but it will bring your plant count down ;)

Blimey! - yes these units have a few internal fans that suck in the top and out through the edges. the fan you could see in the 63w cab was a computer fan that i mounted to circulate air over the canopy.
re ventilation - yep air comes in passively through the white tube in the middle and also through smaller holes cut into the base either side of the black tray. the top of the cab is roof shaped to fit my roof in the loft ;) and the can + filter fit up there quite nicely. the cab looks a bit like a sentry box if that makes sense :) yes the Bb may look different with this light but i suspect it will foxtail as usual. im definitely not going to starve it this time - been there done that :D

BL4ZE20 - thanks for checking in! - yes they are a nice piece of kit - if quite expensive - i think 4 of them lighting a 5-6 foot square room would be freekin' awesome! :dance013:

V.

PurpleLeaves

Oh man, I finally caught one early on. I'll be watching with interest VG. :thank you: for doing this LED grow, I'm super interested in LEDGirl's products.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
welcome PurpleLeaves! - hopefully i can do this light some justice ;)

VG

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
welcome PurpleLeaves! - hopefully i can do this light some justice ;)

VG

more like you are going to show the haters what one of these lamps can really do,I should be firing up my 205w soon and I will be using many of your design ideas VG(with a special Uncle twist...) Your modular scrogs are the perfect compliment to these lights,and I expect you will rock this grow!!

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you know i was looking through your pix here and i thought, "wouldnt it be better w/o glass?" relevant to the LED not your setup though. like since the LEDs aren't really high lumens, one may not want to filter them.

maybe that glass is high transmission?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey unc - thanks for the kind words!

xmo - i think there may be a small strip led light launched at some point ;)
not sure what it is between led's and plant - not glass though, its quite thin. LEDGirl may explain at some point.

---

managed to get a quick snap of lemon thai 4 after nearly a week. kids on holiday and wife ill - not been able to get with my plants as much as i would have liked but it's going ok. always the same story with me, i spend very little time with my plants. ill get more pics on saturday latest when i put the powerplant in
picture.php

cheers

VG.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She will tell you that the glass is a protective barrier for the led's. humidity/damage.

that makes sense

lookin' good verdant! i think the minimal maintenance grow is a good objective

yeah lots of cold/flu crap floating around. i never get sick but i succumbed a couple weeks ago - didn't bother me so much cause it seemed like everywhere i went people were coughin and scratchy talking

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks MB, yep it does make sense! - if these lights last for 5-6 years then its worth protecting the LED's.

xmo - just hoping i dont catch it!. minimal maintainance is good but the first 2-3 weeks of a scrog can get quite intense - i was up there today and it's all looking ok. looking forward to getting the last plant in during the next few days. the PP is very well vegged as they dont stretch much.

really warming up here in the UK too which is great!

VG.

hazy

Veteran
Got little buds started! The LT looks great. Think it'll get a little big? And Blueberry's one of my favs, I love the BB smell.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey hazy! - yeah it's always a lottery with new plants and how much they stretch - but the Lemon thai doesnt seem too vigorous so i think it'll be ok.

---

right i got up there for a bit today and it's looking pretty good. i released some spider mite predators as i have the beginnings of a mite problem. this should nip it in the bud ;)

Lemon thai 1 - this is the shorter more indica one - is doing ok. perhaps i should have put the screen a bit lower on this but its filling out all the same
picture.php

Lemon thai 4 is going well. this should shape up to a nice canopy. the sideshoots have finally started stretching and budding. something about seed plants seems to make the auxins harder to redirect from the growth tips than when using clones - perhaps maturity?
picture.php

the Blueberry is stretching and showing no sign of flowering yet as usual. such a handsome plant this Bb - i love it.
picture.php

and the 4th plant - the Power Plant - is in. the quarters are complete :) - i vegged this one up good because it's not such a stretcher, it got slightly burnt on my cfl's in the veg cupboard :D
picture.php

and with the screen fitted
picture.php

there we go.

VG.

unjust

Looking Good, Plants looking nice and healthy as always with the LED's.
Pulling up a chair with this 1 as i have 3 120w LED's ,2 of which are vegging 1 Trainwreck each for a month now(got 1 300w ordered and 1 more 120w ordered for another area) , theres so much growth i cant see the stems they are about 12 inches tall look like bushes and will go to flower in 2 weeks time,they are my very 1st grow so ill be taking plenty of notes as you progress on this grow, just hope i can do it as good as you.:tiphat:

Unjust

Trichgnomes

You are gonna kill it Verdant. I am expecting 1/2 a lb. or more yield.

I would hope so. I was thinking no less than 250g. Why switch to LEDs if yield were compromised?
VG- You were getting at least 1g/watt in a 60 day flower with the HID, correct?

Latest posts

Latest posts