What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

126 Watt LED Test Featuring Ice

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
well I guess this is the spot to watch now. Goodluck sleepy! hope we finally get this all straightened out.

O

OrganicOzarks

I am watching this and waiting to see if I will try these little dudes out. I will be setting up a new room in a month or so, and am thinking about trying these out. It's hurry up and wait time.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Freakin' sweet we are rolling now! Best of luck Sleepy, I know many of us are hoping for good results from LEDs and we are sending positive vibes your way :joint:

im subscribed and anxiously awaiting the final report, as i am seriously considering getting at least one of these possibly 2 126 watters for my cedar wardrobe im going to set up, LED would be the perfect choice for lights due to the heat issues i have even in an open closet with a fan blowing directly on my girls and a 435 cfm inline fan. hate to see what 546 watts of cfl's would do in a closed closet. this is going to be killer if results are such that one of these will produce the weight of a 4ooW hps used by the "average grower" meaning about 200-250 grams of bud /400W.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Sleepy don't take you long at all. The Ice is my FAVORITE of the Female Seeds strains,here is what they say:

The ICE ® is a selected pheno out of a Skunk Special X White Widow cross, back in '96. She was selected out of 500 females, because she had best of both sides. The enormous buds of the Skunk Special, the trich coverage and power of the White Widow, with an Indica look. During the High times Cup of '98, the highest THC-levels were measured in the ICE. (published in Weed World). Years of backcrossing and cubing have been spend to stabilise this cross towards the first pheno-type. Even a little bit of Blue Berry was crossed in and stabilised again. She smells like a diesel (fuel) and the flowering period is 8 weeks. Although an indoor strain, she grows perfectly outdoor in Mediterranean climates.

Finally we managed to bring out a female version of this wonderful strain. She has been tested under the most stressful conditions and stays female.

I got pic's of this one in my gallery but this is Sleepy's thread that he's kind enough to let me hang out in.

Sleepy I currently have my light over my Ez-Cloner with some WWxBB,Chem Dawg and some of that delicious A/K I just did. (Let see if this thing can help clone right?) Will drop my Ice tonight and get a thread up at my spot's.

Glad everyone's alright to by the way.

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sleepy thanks so much for taking the time and energy to show us how this really works, or not. When you and mrwags get done im sure there will be no doubts to any of us how well these lights work. Thanks guys we really do appreciate you!!

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Very nice,time to see what these l.e.d`s can truly do...or not! Good luck and K+
Keep It GreeN!

A

arcticsun

ill tag along aswell. ice is one of my favorite strains. its somewhat of a local legend.

we had a cut of it back around y2k or so, cant remember exactly the years, they all seem so similar. what i do remember is that it was the most iced down bud i can remember to this day. my friend did a hydro grow with it, and it was just filthy with trichomes, you know .. the type when you can hardly tell the color of green. it was truely iced down. and man what an epic stone.

still the phrase, "this bud is awesome, but not as good as that ice.. you remember?" -is one of the most common to hear when tasting some great bud hereabouts.

we have grown several types of Ice since then after we lost the mother, but neither of them has come close to matching our old pheno.

i wish you good luck, hope you have the same experience as we did with the ice.

Sleepy

Veteran
Peksman...hello!! , 420ish yes...the fun begins..., severian, thanks!... Tonyton, you are special!!...hehehe...exploziv_gbb!!!, cowbell...first order of the day...NiteTiger>>hey man...Strains>>i see you...TrichyTrichy!! i don't know about that, but evry little bit helps i guess...VerdantGreen!! happy to see you, VG!!...Forest20>>thanks for the nice words!...corkushy!! i agree!! i agree!!...dyno!! yep, all seats are right in the front...not a bad seat here! now move over! hehehe...karmasabitch>>here are the dimensions listed on the website: "Measures approximately 19” long, 12.5” wide, and 3.5” tall"...if you like, i can measure what i have and compare/confirm...this light is emitting NO HEAT!! none at all!!!...price on the website is: "$399.95! (Buy yours now! This introductory pricing won’t be available for much longer)"...thanks for posting!!

I should also mention: The box it came in was a plain brown box...super stealthy...no where/ no way did it betray its contents...i appreciated that, and thought it was worth posting

Centrum
...i sure hopwe so...Forest20...yes, i have looked at it...kinda like being blinded by many flash bulbs all at once...hehehe...Che>>hey man, good to see you!!...freeride high!!...yep, now we're getting down to bin'ness!...hehehe...Lonesome Burt!!glad you made it, LB!!...Mr.Bill!!!...that makes me very happy, i know nothing about the ICE...i'm sure it must be good if mrwags likes it, though...TickleMyBalls!!!...yep, we're gonna straighten everything out...one way or another...thanks for coming by...OrganicOzarks!!!...i know, i know...hurry up and wait...i will try to be as efficient as the lights for you...Maj.Cottonmouth!!!...thanks for the positive vibes, major!!!...Chief Rbud!!...yep, you nailed it...i think this unit would be best suited for your application...(as long as we can produce with it...)...absolutely no heat and very little noise if any at all...great for a cabinet!! thanks for posting!! ...fatigues!!..."stop singin' it & start bringin' it!!" hehehe...oobnuker!!!...yes, we are all quite interested in the new lights...happy you came over!!! ...mrwags!!!...hey man, thank you for posting the strain info!!! 8 weeks flowering...cool!! sounds like a great strain...thank you very much, and glad to see you found the test thread, wags! thanks for the positive vibes!!!...Babbabud!!! wow, hi Babba!!! thank you for stopping by!!! i appreciate the kindness...glad to see you, old friend!!...opt1c!!...yep, won't be long now...Moppel!!...yep, get comfy...move a cat out of your way...grab the vape, and pass some munchies...hempluvr!!...exactly!!! we shall see...arcticsun!!...damn, that sounds like some world-class herbs...a real testimony to your growing skillz...now i'm nervous...lets see if i can get the seeds to pop...hehehe

wow, that was a lot of typing!!

so far, the shells have cracked open a little bit...once germinated, they will go into peat and we shall see what i can do.

have a great weekend, everybody and thanks for all of the positive vibes!!!:woohoo:

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
'Mornin' Sleepy head.

'Mornin' Sleepy head.

"so far, the shells have cracked open a little bit...once germinated, they will go into peat and we shall see what i can do."

Aloha, Sleepy.

No fo'get.
The way.jpg

turnaround.jpg

Pointy side up.:yeahthats.
I know dis to be true.:2cents:

And Mahalo fo' dis grow, bro'
You gonna put in enough time to pay fo' dat light 3 times ovah.

But, gotta be done.
'cept fo' da white leds, (just my opinion), this panel looks like a winner.
It will take time and skill to prove it's worth.:respect:
Glad ya had da time too.:D

Just sayin' I appreciate the effort that goes into doing this right.

Lurkin' in da corner,

Lazy 'zard

M

medi-useA

:lurk:subscribed!

...Sleepy, just thought I'd add some info...

Apparently the lights can also be used on 240V for those in countries that use 240V as standard.

I'm going to get one or two myself soon...oooh, so exciting! :muahaha:

muA

DIYer

I would LOVE to go LED,. no heat, the money saved on power,.. but as everyone is wondering, does it really work as well? (or at least close enough to justify) so im subscribed to this thread for sure. I assume this grow will be 100% done under your new LED's Sleepy? Will there by chance be a side by side done to really compare it to a 400W HPS grow?
And ive searched but with the multitude of threads started here everyday its hard to find, has anyone else tested these lights or done any side by side comparisons? If anyone knows of any threads feel free to link me.

good luck Sleepy!

hazy

Veteran
Well, LEDgirl has really caused quite a stir around here with these new lights and these test grows. I wish you good luck Sleepy. I'd consider it if they worked and if they don't raise the price. Can't wait.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Aren't you done yet sleepy? lol
j/k

Can't wait to see the results, also can we get a led grow light section in the "growers forum" section? Sure would be great to have and allow more product reviews to happen and independent testing.

Not sure if this was covered in here sleepy or not but have you ran these seeds before? Or is this a first go for you with the genetics? I think that will be a deciding factor if they are new genetics but then again you got skills so I will shut up lol.

I am hoping for a vertical test someday as well with leds. Great work with your 400 btw as well, those colas look tasty.

Graceweed

:yeahthats wow Sleepy, can't miss this one! and can't wait to see all of it!

IPERTAGGED! Show us the way :)

wish ya all the best 4 it!

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
What would be your average yields be in this setup with a traditional light, for a comparison?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts