What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS DR80 Air Pot grow!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
oh yea I've added a loll dwc setup to the tent too and by the way it's a Secret Jardin DR80 that is 32.4"x32.4"x63"

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin so sick inthere bro,i like them air pots,lookin forward to seeng you rock them yo.
peace-T-

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
nope thats what is so damn cool about them! The roots will be air pruned and cause more roots to grow and stops root circling

sednal

really interested in these air-pots, they sound awesome. My only question is do you think it would be easy to trasnplant out of them? will the soil want to remain in those cones and not slide out easily? i would really like to get a set of the 1 L (.3 gallon) and the 16 L (4.3gallon) to have a full set, smaller ones to start seeds/rooted clones then transplant into the larger ones but im a little iffy. Just wanted to know your two cents as you already have them.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
watch the videos in the link I posted and you'll see how you put together your air pot and it's the same when you transplant you just unscrew the blue plug that's holding the pot together and it unrolls into a sheet of plastic cut and an angle...

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Whats up Thundurkel...nice job on the upgrade and setup! Cant wait to see what u do with them Air pots. I've been contemplating gettin some but right i gotta hold off. Do u plan on puttin someting beneath them to catch the runoff when u water? Good luck on the new grow i'll def be taggin along! Good vibez

sednal

Thundunkel, i was just wondering if you could transplant without taking them apart, but i guess its easy enough to just undo the plug holding them together, expecially if they are the small air pots. i wont need to transplant from the larger ones so i think they will work out nicly. gonna watch your thread for a little while just to see how they handle being watered and everything. Like Irie Lion said, are you planning on using some containers to catch the run off, and does water leak out of the air holes when watered? Im just a little hesitant before droppin 100 bucks on some containers.
Thanks man
-Sed

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I use trays when I water but they are what my veg cab uses so that's why I don't have em in the tent but I'm getting some asap so I don't have to take my girls out of the tent to water every time.. Also cool thing about these pots is the bottoms are about 1" off the floor so the roots don't sit in plastic I guess they uptake toxins from the plastic trays from what the guy at the hydro shop told me... If you live near me I got them at Greenfire Hydroponics on Auburn Blvd and they were 1.99 for 1liter 3.99 for 3liter 5.99 for 5liter ect and they seemed to have plenty of them in all sizes and from looking around on the net they were my best bet cuz no shipping all the places I saw online to get air pots from were going to charge me a good $30 in shipping and shit that's 7 more pots!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
The biggest selling point for me didn't even come from the videos or hydro shop dudes but it came from my good friend who has been growing for a few years longer than me and copied his 2K HPS 32plant Drip System from his mentor and was getting 1-2 lbs a light. Well I mentioned air pots to him one day and he was like "funny you mention those bro my boy switched his whole garden over to those and doubled his yield!" "Did I mention he went down a size in pots too?" "He had the 3gal pots like I have and all he did was switch over to the 2gal air pots and it getting 3lbs a light and plants a twice the size he used to get them!"

That lil conversation had me sold cuz so far everything I tried from their setups worked out great! Especially when I switched to coco from soil now I'm trying to get my buddy to switch over to Pure Blend Pro instead of Flora Nova since he uses Ready Gro Moisture Formula it should be perfect and I get the same results just better flavor and resin production with PBP well my experience is with Organicare but it's the same shit IMO

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so obviously I'm not doing shit tonight :pumpkin: I have a absessed tooth and don't want to go anywhere just going to smoke and watch tv but I thought I'd share my new coco brand Bio Juice Bio Coco with you all since it's so nice I have a feeling my girls are going to explode in it!

picture.php

My new coco which is really really nice compared to Roots Organics which I found odd things in like a nail and rocks that didn't belong in my medium and this Bio Coco was only $16 for a 2cubic ft bag!

picture.php

picture.php

Shot with my light lowered closer to my girls

Z

Zeinth

goods..

goods..

LOOKING GREAT!

been using airpots 2 years now...had to talk the hydro place into them..

now they cant get enough!!

i reuse coco/chunky perlite...over an over again..hell ya!

but....i double pot the airpot..in a 3 gallon with hydroton and chun ky pelite..in the bottom 3 to 4 inches deep..so after 30 days veg...then 12/12...in the 3 gallon..also put a valve outlet on the bottom for quick rinse...here..

Attachments

• IMG 0626
    IMG 0626
    133.4 KB · Views: 34
  • d%20014.JPG
    d%20014.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture%20001.jpg
    Picture%20001.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 16

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
You know funny you say that KickNader cuz being a artist and what not I was thinking of making a few one of a kind I love Mary J hoods and sell em on ebay hahaha

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Thuder! hey, can you tell me your thoughts abbout the intakes on that tent? how it comes in and what not, I cant seem to grasp it's efficiency.

sednal

I have the same tent. When the exhaust is hooked up it draws air passivly in throught the vents at the bottom, creating negative pressure inside the tent.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks Sednal I was gonna just say it has duct ports in the bottom corner and top corner for what looks like no more than 6" ducting I didn't know that the velcrowed vents on the bottom created negative pressure thanks bro!

Also anybody following this thread know if I can use a 430w Sun Agro HPS bulb with my digital 400w ballast?

Latest posts

Latest posts