What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diesel Ryder SOG in a 150w HPS Mini Fridge

KolorBlind

Well ladies and gents, I am officially moved into my new house. Family will be stopping by this weekend to see the place and help with more unpacking, and after their departure the growing will commence!

My plan as of now it to gut half of a walk-in closet in a spare bedroom, frame it in to have a flowering chamber that measures 43x17x59 (Width x Depth x Height in Inches), a mom/clone chamber that measures 43x17x21. I will also have a 43x17x15 area above the mom/clone chamber to put my power strips, remote ballast & other electrical components in.

I will cut a 4" hole in the ceiling, mount my S&P TD-100x fan set to its 135CFM setting up in the attic. It will be hung by bungee cords ot reduce vibration and it will blow air out one of my roof vents.

I will be starting some Apollo11 probably in my minifridge until the closet is ready. I have bought a 250w HPS for my flower chamber and 3 42w 6500k CFLs for my mom/veg chamber. i will install one or 2 of the 42w CFLs in the minifridge to get thins started.

After the closet is up & running, the minifridges only purpose will be the "sex cab" (sounds kinky eh?). i will use it to pollinate any new strains I grow so I have a nice supply of seeds (and no I wont sell any to ANYONE over the internet, sorry I promised my wife haha).

So that is where I am at now. Since I dont have an active thread other than this one, I figured I would post here for anyone that cares. Once I get things officially going, I will start a new thread. i cant wait to see what that 250w HPS will do for me, and I am so excited to try my hand at cloning, so wish me luck!!

I also felt like this needed a bump with as many minifridge questions I have seen floating around that could be answered here. So if anyone has any other questions or comments feel free.

Peace
KB

sounds like the closet will be pretty sweet bro. il be waiting around for it. so are you going to change the link in your sig to "the sex cab" now?

KolorBlind

Haha, I so should. My wife also suggested hanging a disco ball in the minifridge and setting up an incense burner. When she started talking about dimming the lights though, I drew the line!!

Peace
KB

jus'plain'gill

I like the fresh ideas, def the sex cab haha. Obviously you don't want to dim the lights but you might wanna rethink the disco ball too. Mirrors can cause hot spots and that would be hundreds of potential hot spots ;) You could safely put some fluorescent velure furniture in there though, leopard print maybe...

I'm really looking forward to pictures of the closet, good luck with the move KB.

.JPG

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
Hey, KB have you thought about growing out MD's Sour 60?

I can only imagine what you could do with what is supposed to be one of the biggest yielding and most potent AF's yet.

hilbie

i grew diseal, even outside the outdoor isnt stealth, wont be growing again, decent smoke, most commercial will get u just as high.

jus'plain'gill

knowledge is to be shared..stinky very average erb, didnt mean to hurt your deseel pride.

Knowledge is to be shared, that is when it is most valuable.:thanks: I would consider kolorblind to be sharing knowledge because he has informative posts and pictures to back up his info and he doesn't seem to have any ulterior motives.

I don't know what you're spreading hilbie but it's not knowledge.

.JPG

hilbie

all i said was that it really reeks, and thats its decent smoke, if u want to grow a very very stinky girl that is pretty good then shes for u, i enjoyed my smoke, and im sure kolor does as well. i dont need pics to prove anything, facts are facts.

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
all i said was that it really reeks, and thats its decent smoke, if u want to grow a very very stinky girl that is pretty good then shes for u, i enjoyed my smoke, and im sure kolor does as well. i dont need pics to prove anything, facts are facts.

Though your not stating anything new, kolorblind said the same thing more or less, though you did it rather negatively.

That is the last I'm gonna say about that, don't want to clutter a great thread with senseless banter.

KolorBlind

Oh well, no harm no foul.

I agree with you completely hilbie, but it did come off just a tad negative. Im sure this wasnt your intention but written words can be misinterpreted very easily.

If not for the smell, the lower potency would not have stood out nearly as much. Smelling something as funky as it was and then not getting stoned to the bone was a total let down for sure.

I may toss a plant or 2 in the mix down the road, but I probably wont do anymore SOG style grows with it. When I was drying it I guarantee my neighbors caught a whiff from time to time, lol.

KB

CuhCuz

Of course the noob has questions

Of course the noob has questions

Yooo KolorBlind you have an excellent fridge build homie. I'm currently working on a mini fridge and I would be pleased if it turned out to be half as good as yours but I'm having problems already. How did you get your magnetic seal back on your door? From your pics it looks like you left the plastic groove that it sat in connected to the door but I can't tell. If that's not the case can you give me any ideas on how to put it back? I apologize in advance if this is not the correct way to get answers. I'm VERY new to this site and don't know all of the rules just yet.