Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > VPD/Humidity controler build low budget (Arduino)

Thread Title Search
VPD/Humidity controler build low budget (Arduino) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2017, 02:34 AM #41
Can of Bliss

Can of Bliss will become famous soon enoughCan of Bliss will become famous soon enough
This is pretty sloppy, but it's simple. The resistors on the LEDs depend on the LEDs you're using.

I've been using this without the 4.7k-10k resistor without problems, but from what I've read, it's best to use it (I'll eventually find one).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1489109330044-1714458434.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	400861
Can of Bliss is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:45 PM #42
Can of Bliss

Can of Bliss will become famous soon enoughCan of Bliss will become famous soon enough
Finely getting around to testing this. Starting with just an empty box. I have the fogger in the plastic bin with some holes cut out. And for dehumidifying I have a itty-bitty 24V blower (that runs on the same power supply as the fogger).

So far, it's still trying to get up to the proper humidity.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170314_160456.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	402118

Old 03-15-2017, 02:48 AM #43
budelight
Discovery Requires Experimentation

budelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to behold
budelight has completed 3 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Nice job assembling that!

You won't get up to the right VPD of the room in that cardboard box.

I've been managing VPD for a few months with a raspi and learned you need to make a TROPICAL RAIN FOREST level of humidity. Right now I am humidifying when <.85 VPD.

You could line the box with a trash bag, but you need to have some ventilation for fresh Co2, so the battle is always on to keep humidity up. Once plants are big enough (think leaf mass) they will humidify your room and you may need to start regulating vent independently to bring down humidity.

Good luck, keep us posted!
budelight is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:28 AM #44
VintageGreen

VintageGreen is on a distinguished road
I've very recently discovered the humidity battle now that my plant is big enough and just switched over to flowering yesterday. She alone is keeping my 2x2x5.5ft tent at 57% humidity in a 43% humid room. Looking forward to your findings Bliss.
VintageGreen is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2017, 06:13 AM #45
humble1
a.k.a. X-pert Dreamer

humble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by budelight View Post
I've been managing VPD for a few months with a raspi and learned you need to make a TROPICAL RAIN FOREST level of humidity. Right now I am humidifying when <.85 VPD.
I've got a free raspi 3 coming in with my latest LED driver order. Can you share the code, sensor, and wiring for your raspi VPD manager? Full disclosure: I am a full raspi noob. I know they exist, and that's about it.

Thank you!
"Stealth Hamsters don't exist, do they?"
humble1 is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2017, 10:07 PM #46
newguy41410

newguy41410 is just really nicenewguy41410 is just really nicenewguy41410 is just really nicenewguy41410 is just really nicenewguy41410 is just really nicenewguy41410 is just really nicenewguy41410 is just really nicenewguy41410 is just really nice
okay i think im going to pull the trigger. wondering what differences i would notice going with an arduino clone versus one that isnt?? I think im gonna just buy all the hardware in post #1?
newguy41410 is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2017, 02:44 AM #47
The Meadows

The Meadows will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy41410 View Post
okay i think im going to pull the trigger. wondering what differences i would notice going with an arduino clone versus one that isnt?? I think im gonna just buy all the hardware in post #1?
I don't think you'll notice much, if any, difference with a clone vs. a genuine arduino. If you're adventurous enough, you can even build your own arduino.

Buying a genuine arduino will cost a bit more, but you'd be helping the original developer to continue developing.

A cheap clone may have some fit and finish issues but should perform OK. Putting a shield on may require some fiddling with the pins, nothing major. I have a couple of Sainsmart (or something like that) and they've worked for years in continuous duty.
The Meadows is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2017, 03:03 AM #48
Can of Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by budelight View Post
Right now I am humidifying when <.85 VPD.
Wait, what? If you're talking millibars that's over 95% humidity in most temp ranges. That's way too humid to most peoples standards. Are you using a different pressure unit or am I missing something?

Old 03-16-2017, 04:14 AM #49
budelight

budelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by humble1 View Post
I've got a free raspi 3 coming in with my latest LED driver order. Can you share the code, sensor, and wiring for your raspi VPD manager? Full disclosure: I am a full raspi noob. I know they exist, and that's about it.

Thank you!
I followed this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/SpaceBucket...cket_dashboard

Old 03-16-2017, 04:16 AM #50
budelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can of Bliss View Post
Wait, what? If you're talking millibars that's over 95% humidity in most temp ranges. That's way too humid to most peoples standards. Are you using a different pressure unit or am I missing something?
From [The ASCE Standardized Reference Evapotranspiration Equation]1
https://physics.stackexchange.com/que...lative-humidit

Given T is temperature in degrees Celsius, and RH is relative humidity:
  1. Saturation Vapor Pressure (es) = 0.6108 * exp(17.27 * T / (T + 237.3))
  2. Actual Vapor Pressure (ea) = RH / 100 * es
  3. Vapor Pressure Deficit = ea - es