What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himalayan Ganjas Geurilla Grow In The Swamp

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
have gone off meat myself in the last years. the more i read about the meat industry the less meat i eat. ideally id like to keep my own animals and eat one of them once in a while. but meat from factory farming is so full of bad karma that it's no wonder people are getting sicker and sicker eating too much hormon and atibiotic filled cruelly treated animals.

totally agree about the coco. you are right, it should help suck up the ground water in the swampy area. can't wait to see how the plants like all your prep work.

Easy7

Veteran
If you have a county fair, go to the 4H auction. Higher prices but the best of the best.

That is where I buy back our goats for my consumption. Paid $300 last year for lne goat, paid more previous year. It's about $75 - $100 ontop of that for processing. But it lasts me a year, getting 1 goat one year than 2 the next and then back to 1 and so on.

Goat is the heathiest red meat there is.

thejact55

Is the area gonna be green when you plant? Im assuming so. That last photo seems to show that areas pretty open. Do you have fears of it being seen (the pot is hidden hella good though)
Good work planning ahead.

I use slow release organic ferts. Ill use fish bone meal (for flower), crab meal, alfalfa meal, cottonseed meal ect (and plenty of worm castings to help it all break down). For different reasons, i never blood or bone meal. Lol is fish products off your list?

Hello thejact55

yes the area in the photot is a lake shore with a large swampy are that borders it all around.
and yes in april all those reeds are going to make new shoots and the whole place will be green before planting time comes. this is important point: thats why i did all the work now so that when the reeds grow back it will cover all the paths i might have made. i know this from last years experience in the same area. those reeds grow bac insanely thick. its VERY hard to walk through them when they are in vegetative mode in summer. they get to bee almoist 15 fet tall as well, i cut them bac to let the light down to my plants. so yea the reeds make a pretty good fence around the patch and you cannot see a plant thats just 6 feet away, its that thick
actually i have not mentioned yet, that the samps i am using are all on the shore of this same lake. i have two patches , each on opposite shores of this lake.

the lake is a man made reservoir for a hydro electric dam. i know it sounds risky, but i have found out that this whole lake and its surrounding swamps are protected areas so no hunting allowed accept for boars when there is a obligatory culling in autumn, to keep their numbers down. this culling is short so this area has the LEAST human traffic of all the spot i have been observing for 2 years.

i was going to do a mountain stream patch. i also posted lots of pis of that spot, and for those that have been following, well that spot is off the list now. even though it was 45 minute trek up into the hills, still hunters have been going up in that ravine i saw them the other day as i was leaving the patch. i crouched down in the bush and they didnt see me. but combined with the fact that its a real ninja work out just to get there, and there is human traffic, i will not be going back there.

instead i will enjoy the ease of planting in the abundant swampy areas around me, and let the plants drink their own water as the please, from the muck below.

all the swamps i talk of are max 20 minute walk from m front door.

Last edited:
regarding the dam

i have been observing this body of water for two years. the water level never fluctuates more then 50 cm up or down. thats cbecause the water level is controlled by the peopl operating the dam. and for the dam to operat correctly, i asssume the water level needs to be quite steaady. when there is huge rains they just open the dam gates, releasing the accumulating rain waters, and thus keepin the water level steady.

have gone off meat myself in the last years. the more i read about the meat industry the less meat i eat. ideally id like to keep my own animals and eat one of them once in a while. but meat from factory farming is so full of bad karma that it's no wonder people are getting sicker and sicker eating too much hormon and atibiotic filled cruelly treated animals.

totally agree about the coco. you are right, it should help suck up the ground water in the swampy area. can't wait to see how the plants like all your prep work.

i too hope that the plants show some gratitude for all the hard work i am doing for them to have a cumfy home.

you have said well. thats exactly why i dont eat it. the bad karma. the cells of the animal get permeated whith fear at the moment of its horrific death, and that destructive energy passes on to the person that eats it. i now that sound kind of new age or hippy or what ever, but modern science has proven that energy and vibes do exist and that the very foundation of the univers, which is atoms, are nothing but energy, so yeah bad vibes do have a bad effect on us

please dont take offense anyone, just speaking my point of view. i never judge aperson by what they eat.

so to you and everyone else reading, positive vibes and smily energy!
take care

gorilla ganja

I think your setting yourself up for some great success this season.

If your area does not fluctuate much with water levels you may want to try some wider bigger swamp tubes. You can even put multiple plants in larger tubes. One of the best swamp tube grows I have seen had four very large plants in something like 100 gallons,
it produced monster plants.

I don't have boars where I live but I do have bears. Both have very good sense of smell. As others have mentioned be careful of organic products that smell.
These creatures will destroy months of work in a few minutes if they decide they are interested in your tubes or plants.

Peace GG

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I think your setting yourself up for some great success this season.

If your area does not fluctuate much with water levels you may want to try some wider bigger swamp tubes. You can even put multiple plants in larger tubes. One of the best swamp tube grows I have seen had four very large plants in something like 100 gallons,
it produced monster plants.

I don't have boars where I live but I do have bears. Both have very good sense of smell. As others have mentioned be careful of organic products that smell.
These creatures will destroy months of work in a few minutes if they decide they are interested in your tubes or plants.

Peace GG

yeah, can be a real pita, they will literally dig up your entire prepared hole and kick the amended soil all over the place so you can never collect it all again lol. they probably eat some too. hours and hours of digging mixing and humping bags of soil in for nothing.

hello gg

yep it happend to me the irst time i tried geurilla growing. all the clones were uprooted and scatered about. they wanted to check out the organic granules that were there. that year was a zero harvest.

so yeah i actually just got back from ammending my tubes at spot 2. I Put put some lime, some chicken poop pellets, and some high grade compost with aded kelp. this compost is fo the manures of cow horse and chicken with the kelp ontop. i know this compost its really good stuff.

hopefully the boars will keep away from the poop in my tubes. boars are very strong and savage in nature. i realloy hope they are not inteested in my spot

yes the water stays quite the same always. i thin i will experiment a few in wider shorter grow bags rather then the taller tubes; me too i want to experiment as much as the circumstance permits me

thans for you kind encouragement. i really hope this year is a good one for me. i have been tripping on this plan since i was kid litterally.

take care

hello giaus

yep i am really hoping the boars leave me alone. i have this idea that maybe the smell of the lime in the tubes might put them off, since that would burn their stomach were they to ingest

hello

so i have another spot! this one is on the side of the national highway, in an area thats fenced off and is off limits to everyone except highway workers. there is no landscaping in this plae just shrubs planted to hold the earth in place. the plot is right in the middle of these 7 foot shrubs, and COMPLETELY invisible apart from directly above. when i go in i can dig peacefully without the fear of someone stumbling upon me as i dig in a suspiciouse place. once im in there im in my own private garden. also the fence keeps out all animals even rabbits,

the workers come along every few months and cut back any branches of the bushes which may be sticking out over the fence. at the outer edge of the grove. in the middle of the bushes there is nothing for a worker to do, theres no irrigation to maintain, neither any landscaping plants to take care of.

i am fully aware that theres no such thing as a 100 percent safe grow spot, but wit this one atleast most people dont fancy climbing over a highway fence.

i will bring water by car once a week, since i can get my car within a hundred feet of the spot

Last edited:
so now i have 40 swamp-bag-tube-hybrids.

i wont go back to those nasty muddy dangerouse places atleast till may, when i put the plants in. its really no fun going in these places. my hand are covered in cuts from the sharp reeds out there, and even though its real cold out right now, in the swamp when i work the humidity make me sweat like crazy under all my sweaters, which i cant take off since it is indeed cold.

see how i make the wire cage much longer then the bag in it, so that the part up top will be the cage fro protecting the young plant that goes in

so summery of these swamp bags:

4 POSTS TO HOLD CAGE IN PLACE

LONG CAGE

BIG GARBAGE BAG, WITH LOTS O HOLE AT THE BOTTOM, GOES INTO CAGE, WHICH GOES INTO A HOLE THATS DUG DOWN A FEW INCHES TILL THE WATERTABLE. FILL UP WITH SOIL LEAVING 1/3 OF CAGE EMPTY FOR PROTECTING THE CLONE THAT GOES IN.

fenomeno_djo

Let's hope that in that day when the workers show up for some maintenance it's not going to be a windy day. They could pick up the smell and investigate. Will it be a stinky strain/strains, the one/ones you'll place in this spot ?

Other than that, I see it very safe. Good luck and keep us posted, I'm loving this thread, especially the swamp part:wave:

this can be done any where that the water table is maximum two feet below surface. such places exist in abundance near bodies of water, or even low lying fields. doesnt need to be a swamp

hello feno. you are right, but where i live there is very few outdoor grows, people dont have that on their mind. most people here have never smelt a live plant or even seen onc before.

buut yes i have to always hope for the best

regarding the smell. i moved into my current appartment to years agao. the day i got here i immediately picked up the odor of a grow op in my immediate surrounding. within a few days ihad pin pointed which window the smell was coming from. well tha window still emmits a strong smell of skunk permanantly all year long. hundreds of people pass by that window everyday. try to picture what i am saying. this is an ancient mideval village, and the houses are all connected one to the other, very very densely populated an old village like this........well no one has seemed to notice the smell of weed in the neighborhood, but me since i KNOW what that smell is.

i do have the tendancy of wishfull thinking but the fact of the matter is that this man ( i know who he is!) is peacefully pulling of harvest after harvest

my seedlings have become strikingly hot young women. the leda unos seem to be the best. great vigour, great metallic green shine to the leaves, and best of all they are unifomly shooting out branches without topping. good for some one that wants to make lots of clones. i want to make a hundred clones so i can have atleast 40 in reserve should anything happen to the first batch i put out. if the weather is warm i will start transplanting them outside in mid april. normally by then its fairly warm here. last year i put them out on the first of march and they put out a few calyx's and then by the beginning april went bac to veg. when plants reveg, they grow MANY branches. so even though they flower for a few weeks, over all they get more veg time by going out in march, if weather permits.

fenomeno_djo

Don't exclude the posibility that the whole village knows about this grow op. Maybe they're just minding their own business. Cool neighbours. Who knows ? :D

Just a friendly advice for you: please be careful how you preset your mind about some things. Especially security-wise, you can think you're safe because he's safe doing it but you never know if that applies in general. Stay safe :wave:

hello feno,

my last post projected an unusual sense of confidence from my side..... i assure you that in reality i am very very cautiouse about everything realted to weed. realy most people would thin i am a little paranoid.

about the guys grow op in the village. you ould be right that everyone know, and anyway i dont do anythig like what he is doing, i am doing an outdoor thing for my own use. plus when i veg indoors i use a good carbon filter. if the filter is letting a little smell through then i have ona gel to put at the outgoing end of the exhaust, then there is the possibility of channelling the already scrubbed air into a de odorizing chamber with ona and any other perfume, and from there the air can then be released out of the grow area