What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Bangi Haze

Lotto

You would think this plants' heavy, dense buds might show mildew. Every honker sized bud showed a bit of pale green on the interior. Never any rot even after a very slow dry down. Push the air, I wouldn't worry about rot.

nielson

You would think this plants' heavy, dense buds might show mildew. Every honker sized bud showed a bit of pale green on the interior. Never any rot even after a very slow dry down. Push the air, I wouldn't worry about rot.

It's just the fear... That plant could be the most heaviest regarding weight I grew in 20 years of experience and therefore I don't want to loose any of those buds. :)
Could be a +700 per square meter.

enter sandman

I really do hope so. I'll be growing this outdoors for the season coming up...and in a very humid part of the world. I have remedies (and pure neem oil) to deal with it but sometimes the mold will be sneaky and stay hidden until much damage is done. I only visit and attend to my plants during the dark hours so this makes it difficult sometimes to spot it early on.

Lotto

What I said about resistance to rot would apply to indoor only. Humid in late flower outside, probably fine. Humid and wet, probably not.

A friend grew a clone out and found it tough to finish do to a cool, wet, October. It was in an open enclosure but needed more air movement.
Took it 2 weeks early due to conditions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful nielson! :tiphat: I take my hat off to you! Probably the biggest indoor Panama x Bangi Haze colas we have seen up to date, excellent environment and growing skills you can be proud of!

I like to bring this F1 hybrid up to 11 weeks of ripening to reach their most intense and complex effects and terpenes. By looking at their reflowerings and size of the colas, i think they will benefit from an extended flowering.

Take a look at the inside of the bigger colas until the end of flowering to check if you can find any sign of bud rot or lack of proper ventilation like decolored-more whitish parts of the flowers.
Otherwise, continue with the feeding and with what you are doing ;)

nielson

Wonderful nielson! :tiphat: I take my hat off to you! Probably the biggest indoor Panama x Bangi Haze colas we have seen up to date, excellent environment and growing skills you can be proud of!

I like to bring this F1 hybrid up to 11 weeks of ripening to reach their most intense and complex effects and terpenes. By looking at their reflowerings and size of the colas, i think they will benefit from an extended flowering.

Take a look at the inside of the bigger colas until the end of flowering to check if you can find any sign of bud rot or lack of proper ventilation like decolored-more whitish parts of the flowers.
Otherwise, continue with the feeding and with what you are doing ;)

Hi Dubi!

Thanks for your nice words! Makes me feel honored! :thank you:

This plant has really been taking some effort! I am using bungee straps / bondage art to force the plant down, otherwise she would have gone easily for +2m. Interestingly this plant grew twice as fast as her siblings (as you can see here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=9055280&postcount=199), although getting exactely the same nutrients/EC from the same reservoir.

Today I checked for mould/bud rot on some spots where I could see dead leaves, but inside the bud/directly at the stem there was no sign of any rot. So far so good!

Fronk

picture.php

nielson

Wow what a beast! :biggrin:
What pot size do you have and for how long did you veg her?

hi frassekongo!

thanks!

i am using a DIY pimped GHE waterfarm (twice as much holes for the roots drilled into the top bucket and i am using an additional air pump).

she was vegged to a height of about 70cm. :D

Lotto

You're not playing fair Fronk. I would expect the tree Pangi will produce 50 times the yield of this little 22" plant. Interested in how the smells develop outdoors. Keep em comin.

Attachments

• 20210217_085019.jpg
    20210217_085019.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 50